Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking (thread)Heads

Episode two is hot off the presses!

Very enjoyable. Nice job, Vicky ( although she said in the interview, she no longer hangs out here anymore ). Another one lost to the gated community of Facebook. This board is only as good as it's current membership, so those who bemoan the state of the board these days, look in the mirror.

Comment

I’m dazzled. I love what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Very enjoyable. Nice job, Vicky ( although she said in the interview, she no longer hangs out here anymore ). Another one lost to the gated community of Facebook. This board is only as good as it's current membership, so those who bemoan the state of the board these days, look in the mirror.
        Well, you know my feelings on this matter. I'm not a big facebooker and I far prefer the thread based communication of message boards. However, this place can be really lousy from time to time when people engage in personal attacks or post racist or sexist garbage that only serves to make the fest look bad. I have zero interest in engaging with those folks. I do love coming here to talk about music, travel, festivals, books etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Well, you know my feelings on this matter. I'm not a big facebooker and I far prefer the thread based communication of message boards. However, this place can be really lousy from time to time when people engage in personal attacks or post racist or sexist garbage that only serves to make the fest look bad. I have zero interest in engaging with those folks. I do love coming here to talk about music, travel, festivals, books etc etc.
          Point taken, but the people who used to police this forum and demonstrate that we are 'mostly' a good bunch of Threadheads have given up the ship. Just because you can 'unfriend' somebody, doesn't make them disappear. Facebook has SO many more trolls than this here board, but they are kept outside the gates so everybody can focus on puppies and rainbows. I prefer the real world. Plus Swag does a good job of moderating when things go off the rails, as when *** recently got nasty. Before I created my own 'censored' Facebook world, I saw plenty of personal attacks and racist, sexist garbage. In fact they still slip thru.
          Last edited by swag; 07-01-2021, 04:04 PM. Reason: moderator redaction

Comment

I see it as like having different circles of friends in real life. Each is different and meets different needs, and there are some of the same folks in each. There are pros and cons to both of the social media platforms.

Comment

Sorry to derail Thread. Nice job Vicky, Nicole and Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                Sorry to derail Thread. Nice job Vicky, Nicole and Chris.
                Thanks Gregg, we're having a lot of fun. Next up we have Nate & Nanci and in the same week we have Jordan who still participates in da boards

Comment

Is Nate and Nanci one interview, or two separate ones? I'm looking forward to all the upcoming segments

Also - for anyone who doesn't know Jordan - he is the EXPERT on Festing with kids.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
                    Is Nate and Nanci one interview, or two separate ones? I'm looking forward to all the upcoming segments

Also - for anyone who doesn't know Jordan - he is the EXPERT on Festing with kids.
                    Nate & Nanci will be in the same interview though we haven’t yet figured out technical wise if they will dial in separate to appear in two frames or if they’ll appear together in one frame. But yeah, one interview.

I forgot that Jordan is the kids at fest expert- so thanks for the reminder. I’m working on his interview now.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Nate & Nanci will be in the same interview though we haven’t yet figured out technical wise if they will dial in separate to appear in two frames or if they’ll appear together in one frame. But yeah, one interview.
                      You need to interrogate like the cops do. You question Nanci, Chris questions Nate, and then see if their stories match.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Can I interview Lord Horror?

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

You need to interrogate like the cops do. You question Nanci, Chris questions Nate, and then see if their stories match.
                          I’ll give you writing credits on that episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                            Can I interview Lord Horror?
                            He told me he would appear “Straight after having my teeth removed with a rusty pliers.” But I think you’re more likely to get cooperation Gards

Comment

Get Al Marco on here

Comment

Working...
                              X