COMING TOMORROW!! JAZZ FEST DAILY MUSIC LINEUP & SINGLE DAY TICKETS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMING TOMORROW!! JAZZ FEST DAILY MUSIC LINEUP & SINGLE DAY TICKETS

Coming Tomorrow! Jazz Fest Daily Music Lineup & Single-Day Tickets On Sale #jazzfest

I wonder if this means the full lineup will be announced tomorrow? Or just the days for the artists in the prior partial announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
      I wonder if this means the full lineup will be announced tomorrow? Or just the days for the artists in the prior partial announcement?
      I expect the full lineup.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

I expect the full lineup.
        Full lineup sans cubularity which will come later, early September?
        Hoping for single ticket fee discounts at Smoothie King. Not holding my breath for that.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

Full lineup sans cubularity which will come later, early September?
          Hoping for single ticket fee discounts at Smoothie King. Not holding my breath for that.
          My expectation, yes, this will be the full dailies, similar to what we'd used to getting in late January. Cubes in early Sept. sounds about right, probably Labor Day week.

I was going to say, I don't see why they wouldn't have reduced-fee tickets at the box office, as usual, but it looks like the Arena and Dome box offices are currently only open on event days (and between now and end of August, there are only 4 event days combined). Maybe they'll open up just for fest tickets, maybe they'll find another outlet, or maybe they'll scrap in person advanced sales altogether. I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

As a reminder, at least in past years, besides the box office, you could also get reduced fees by purchasing a block of 50+/weekend from the festival's group sales desk, or by purchasing your fest ticket from Gray Line along with your Fest Express shuttle ticket.

Comment

Now live...

Comment

Not good to see

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/15/musi...box=1626356689

Comment

I notice that the ticket page says single day tickets at the gate are "if available". This suggests they may cap ticket sales. My own guess is that they haven't made a decision on that yet, but want to keep options open to react to the changing pandemic situation.

Comment

Anybody know if they're going to offer tickets for sale at the Smoothie King Center? Hate paying the exorbitant online fees.

Comment

Originally posted by frijoless View Post
                    Now live...
                    looks good

I would fully support the requirement to be vaccinated to enter the Fairgrounds this year. The mask requirement for non vaccinated does not work in the real world.
                    JF could offer 100% refunds for anyone who has tickets and unvaccinated,

Comment

I agree Fred, & think it's a good plan

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                        I would fully support the requirement to be vaccinated to enter the Fairgrounds this year. The mask requirement for non vaccinated does not work in the real world.
                        JF could offer 100% refunds for anyone who has tickets and unvaccinated,
                        I see little chance of that happening unfortunately. Too many Morons who would throw a tantrum. I'm not sure what the answer is. I guess it's just to go ahead and make people happy by holding the Fest, No Matter What, with a minimum of restrictions, and let the chips fall where they will.

No telling where we'll be as a country in 3 months, but the trend is clear as day. At least to those of us who reside in the reality based world. Some may come to the Fest, and leave with Covid. But the good news is they won't suffer until after they've returned home, so at least they'll have enjoyed a few days of music and food in Nawlins.

Comment

Fwiw I’m 100% in favor of requiring a vaccine. You don’t want one? You don’t get to join the fun. Sorry not sorry.

Comment

Can we adjourn the Covid discussion to https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...of-a-2021-nojf, and leave this thread for discussing the lineup and tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Jr504 View Post
                              Test requirements are not efficient at all when applied to big crowds. The best tests are good for confirming a positive diagnosis, but they are not that precise for negative results. Meaning they may say you don't have the virus when you have it at an early stage (the opposite is less common). So test requirements are better than nothing, but when applied to big crowds in places where the virus is spreading, it's very likely there will be quite a few false negatives. That's probably what happened at that festival, as well in the Euro soccer games that saw a small spike in cases in the UK. Being vaccinated means much more than having a negative test, and that's what people should be looking at. One advantage for Jazzfest is that there will be many big events around the country before October so they can figure things out by then, including possible vaccine requirements.

Comment

Working...
                              X