No announcement yet.

Billy Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could use a ticket for the Tues night show if anyone has one. Not that into his music but wouldn't mind checking him out live to see what all of the commotion is about.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I heard there were very few people there. That's a shame.
      The bartender told me attendance was somewhere between 175-200.

Comment

I scored a ticket for Tues night. Tried listening to his albums but was not really into it. Hoping seeing him live will change my mind. Too many people saying how good he is to miss going on a night I don't have to work.

Comment

I scored a ticket for Tues night. Tried listening to his albums but was not really into it. Hoping seeing him live will change my mind. Too many people saying how good he is to miss going on a night I don't have to work.
          Having seen Cody Kilby w/Traveling McCourys, John Reischman & Darol Anger with an all-star California bluegrass outfit in the last few weeks, and David Grier solo tonight, I'm reminded how subjective "good" is when talking about musical phenom's. I'd be going to see Billy's band and, unlike those other names I dropped, it is a band - and a very tight unit at that. You want to hear polarized, heated, discussion - check out the shock from long-time Sarah Jarosz & Mollie Tuttle fans when they don't get the flame-thrower pickin' frenzy they were expecting at their shows.

Comment

Another favorite. Featuring Jason Carter.

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield (Cover by Del McCoury Band and friends

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield (Cover by Del McCoury Band and friends) - YouTube

Elephant Revival - Jefferson Airplane "White Rabbit" At Red Rocks Amphitheatre - YouTube
            Last edited by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic); 2 weeks ago. Reason: Had to add Elephant Revival White Rabbit at Red Rocks.

Comment

Whatta show! He was amazing as was his band. And very cool lighting although a bit too may bright lights in our eyes.

Comment

Whatta show! He was amazing as was his band. And very cool lighting although a bit too may bright lights in our eyes.
                Glad you enjoyed your first Billy Strings show. We will see him tomorrow night in Houston.

Comment

Billy at The Civic 11/30/21

Billy Strings - House of the Rising Sun live @ The Civic 11-30-21 - YouTube

Comment

Austin City Limits 7/7/21

Billy Strings - Dust In A Baggie - Hide & Seek 2021 07 07 - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                      I watched that show yesterday before seeing him and I enjoyed it but it pales in comparison to the show I saw last night.

Comment

Not that into his music but wouldn't mind checking him out live to see what all of the commotion is about.
                        Sounds like you have seen the light.

Comment

fyi

Billy plays again tonight in NOLA. Sold out but might be able to score a ticket on the streets.
                          Both NOLA shows sold out the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post

Having seen Cody Kilby w/Traveling McCourys, John Reischman & Darol Anger with an all-star California bluegrass outfit in the last few weeks, and David Grier solo tonight, I'm reminded how subjective "good" is when talking about musical phenom's. I'd be going to see Billy's band and, unlike those other names I dropped, it is a band - and a very tight unit at that. You want to hear polarized, heated, discussion - check out the shock from long-time Sarah Jarosz & Mollie Tuttle fans when they don't get the flame-thrower pickin' frenzy they were expecting at their shows.
                            That Bill Evans show was terrific, Darol is fiddling up a storm as usual "Evening Prayer Blues" was out of this world!

And Molly T's upcoming "return" to bluegrass should satisfy even the most fervent purist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                              fyi

Billy plays again tonight in NOLA. Sold out but might be able to score a ticket on the streets.
                              Both NOLA shows sold out the first day.
                              Not sure why or for how long but there were tickets for tonight back onsale yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Sounds like you have seen the light.
                                Yeah, the show was great and the crowd, which was all ages was totally into it from the first note to the last. That being said I tried listening to his albums today and they still did not really move me the way they did live.

Comment

Working...
                                X