Bob Dylan live stream yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Dylan live stream yesterday

I thought it was terrific, and even 2ndliner liked it. He actually can sing!! https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dylan+live...w&t=osx&ia=web for reviews.

I heard and read that the whole thing was pre-recorded so they were not really playing live. So he charged $25 to basically watch a lip syched video?

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
      I heard and read that the whole thing was pre-recorded so they were not really playing live. So he charged $25 to basically watch a lip syched video?
      Whatever, it damn sure sounded good. Those songs got new life breathed into them. I wouldn't have minded some drums, maybe with brushes, though.

Comment

On a related note, was disturbed while watching the recent Kiss Bio to hear 'Kiss Alive' was doctored up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Whatever, it damn sure sounded good. Those songs got new life breathed into them. I wouldn't have minded some drums, maybe with brushes, though.
          The bit I heard his voice sounded great which is not always the case over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

On a related note, was disturbed while watching the recent Kiss Bio to hear 'Kiss Alive' was doctored up as well.
            Have you been playing it over and over now trying to figure out where they touched it up? I loved that album when it came out but was never really into them after that.

Comment

Kiss need all the help they can get. Most of the "live" albums we have loved over the years have been doctored by overdubs including Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus and The Sones' Get Yer Ya Yas Out!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Kiss need all the help they can get. Most of the "live" albums we have loved over the years have been doctored by overdubs including Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus and The Sones' Get Yer Ya Yas Out!
                KISS

As mean Gene would say

" Keep It Simple Stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

KISS

As mean Gene would say

" Keep It Simple Stupid"
                  More like "Keep It Simply Stupid" or more like "Keep it $imply $tupid"

Comment

Have you been playing it over and over now trying to figure out where they touched it up? I loved that album when it came out but was never really into them after that.
                    From what I could decipher, they redid basically everything and kept the crowd noise.

Europe 72 by the Dead was doctored as well. Just found out a few years ago and can't listen to it anymore. Ignorance is bliss, as they say....

Comment

From what I could decipher, they redid basically everything and kept the crowd noise.

Europe 72 by the Dead was doctored as well. Just found out a few years ago and can't listen to it anymore. Ignorance is bliss, as they say....
                      Most live albums are touched up. 99% of the live music(including The Dead) I listen to are not live albums, mainly because of this fact.

Comment

I loved it. Dylan was actually singing as great as it gets these days. I’m sure the time off helped his voice. I’d would love a audio release of this. It’s now being offered up again till Sunday $25.

Comment

Originally posted by stynger View Post
                          I loved it. Dylan was actually singing as great as it gets these days. I’m sure the time off helped his voice. I’d would love a audio release of this. It’s now being offered up again till Sunday $25.
                          I think his recording of standards a few years ago also helped him find his voice. I heard he was in good vocal form on his last tour before Covid.

Comment

Working...
                          X