Double check your flight times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double check your flight times

I booked our fest flights 3 weeks ago, using our United credits from last year. Last night I was curious what the current prices were, but I didn't see the times we booked listed. So I looked at our trips--they had cancelled both flights and switched us to flights that were two hours earlier. We were never notified about the change (maybe because we booked using credits?)

If I hadn't looked I wouldn't have realized until 24 hours before when i went to check in. We had booked a 8:15 pm flight on Wednesday and planned to work all day & then head for the airport--that would have been a big surprise!

They will let you change your flight time when they do this, but unfortunately for our NOLA flight they no longer have any night time flights. I was able to change our return flight to later in the day.

So double check them in advance!
    Last edited by The Krewe of Chew; 4 days ago.

Good information and I am glad that you guys noticed in advance the changes they had made.

I nearly got caught out yesterday when the airline cancelled my flight due to to Covid lockdown stuff and then moved my booking to a time and date I did not want.
    I made them change to what I required thankfully.

I decided to stay up here on the Sunshine Coast for another week, even though I cant really afford to , but due to restrictions being continued in Melbourne for another week, I cant w#rk at home. So if I am going to go broke I may as well do it in style and enjoy 75 degree weather in Winter looking out over the Pacific Ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
      G

I decided to stay up here on the Sunshine Coast for another week, even though I cant really afford to , but due to restrictions being continued in Melbourne for another week, I cant w#rk at home. So if I am going to go broke I may as well do it in style and enjoy 75 degree weather in Winter looking out over the Pacific Ocean.
      Glad you have a positive attitude! Enjoy your time in the sunshine.

Comment

Southwest is also busy messing around with flight times.my Friday lunch time flight was moved to Friday night... I tried to change it to Thursday and do my Friday morning meeting in NOLA - the fare is 3X the amount.

Comment

Originally posted by snookums View Post
          Southwest is also busy messing around with flight times.my Friday lunch time flight was moved to Friday night... I tried to change it to Thursday and do my Friday morning meeting in NOLA - the fare is 3X the amount.
          United's policy says they will change you to another available flight in the same fare class, on the same day, or the day before or day after; the price supposedly does not matter. I guess Southwest won't do that?

Comment

Originally posted by snookums View Post
            Call them. Tell them you have a meeting on Friday that you must attend. I think they have to accomodate you.

Comment

Most airlines, if your flight cancels or has a significant time change, rule of thumb is you should be able to choose to move to the next earlier or next later flight, regardless of fare class, unless it's completely sold out. Some are more flexible, like Cindy said, and phone agents may have more flexibility than the online systems.

In any case, by law, you should be able to cancel the trip and get a full refund (not a credit), but make sure to look at alternatives before invoking that option, as flights may be a lot more expensive now vs what you paid months ago.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

yesterday my southwest flight moved 10 min earlier for 1st sat . that may help me get on the fairgrounds a bit earlier.

Comment

I received an email my flight to New Orleans was arriving there five minutes later. Why bother?

Comment

Working...
                  X