Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Irma be one of the special guests?

Comment

I vote to move The Black Crows 1st Friday date to open for the Stones. I'll come to that show, otherwise it is a struggle for me to make it over in October.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettM View Post
        So, does anyone know how it works if you bought three-day passes? Does Jazzfest send you a Stones presale link at some point?
        That's what they did last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch View Post
          I vote to move The Black Crows 1st Friday date to open for the Stones. I'll come to that show, otherwise it is a struggle for me to make it over in October.
          It would make perfect sense musically. But I think there would be a lot of pushback if they took a headliner away from one of the other normally-priced days. I am betting there will be some new stuff announced. Maybe some of the names that seemed like a shoe-in but weren't in the last announcement....like Jason isbell?

Comment

Originally posted by ice nine View Post
            Will Irma be one of the special guests?
            I vote Anat

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
              I vote Anat
              Hair, hair !!

Comment

Originally posted by steeleye View Post
                Am I the only one who would prefer a return of Chazzfest instead?
                Nope!

Comment

Will Quint retire if he finally pulls this off?

Comment

Hey gregg, looks like one of the "booker's" (ohio)from the "gated community" as you refer to Facebook has momentarily come to commune with the derelicts here on this site. My oh My
                    Last edited by 20/20; 07-22-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch View Post
                      The Stones tend not to have bands open for them that sound similar to them. This version of the Crows should be interesting with all new band except for The Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by ohio View Post
                        Will Quint retire if he finally pulls this off?
                        Hear me now and believe me later. Quint will never retire. He'll pass away in the future while speeding to Acura on his golf cart to introduce a new band featuring Ivan Neville's great grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

The Stones tend not to have bands open for them that sound similar to them. This version of the Crows should be interesting with all new band except for The Brothers.
                          They recently brought the old bass player back.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                            Hey gregg, looks like one of the "booker's" (ohio)from the "gated community" as you refer to Facebook has momentarily come to commune with the derelicts here on this site. My oh My
                            Ohio has been by....from time to time. Which is to say....he goes both ways.

Comment

The last 2 times I had tickets to a Stones concert, it got cancelled.

First in 2019 at Jazz Fest, then last year in San Diego. Last year it was cancelled because after postponing due to Covid, they decided to demolish the stadium it was to be held at.

I won't be getting tickets to this year's Fest, so......You're Welcome! Makes it more likely that the show will actually occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

They recently brought the old bass player back.
                                No Tim Lefebvre? I was surprised that he was even doing it after leaving TTB. I guess it's a payday. Great bass player.

The drummer does not seem all that happy he is not included. Wish they still had Marc Ford on guitar.

I did not like them when they first came out, too much of a Stones/Faces copy for me but came around over the years after hearing live material. Always took them in small doses as they just don't have that many songs I like but I did see them at the fest years back and was surprised how good they were. I guess we will see what this new version sounds like. Probably a lot like all of the others. haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X