Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohio View Post

Nope!
    Holy Shit! I feel like i'm in the twilight zone!

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

They recently brought the old bass player back.
      Bill Wyman?

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Holy Shit! I feel like i'm in the twilight zone!
        Good Lord

Comment

So Karl Denson's going to play a late-night show at Tipitina's starting somewhere around 2:00am on Sunday, the 17th. Finish the gig, jump a cab/uber to the airport, get to LA (good thing about the time difference), and be ready for sound-check with the Stones for their Sunday night show at the SoFi Stadium.

Stanton Moore's taking note.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
            I just got an email from Ticketmaster about the Stones tour. It said the show in Tampa is rescheduled for October 29 and that my tickets are still valid.

Which will be really cool because I'm pretty sure they refunded my money last year!
            I never got around to filling in the refund form and I guess it will be th Stones on my birthday weekend! - it's kinda creepy as the date was put on my i-cal on my phone.

I didn't turn my Revivalist tickets in either and that has been rescheduled at Jannus! "that" just helped out some FOMS!

Comment

Keith Spera's article on nola.com reveals information that I think is huge and is news to me:

"After the 2019 cancellation, the Rolling Stones planned to make up the date at the 2020 Jazz Fest on its final Sunday, May 2. Then, as Davis put it, the whole 2020 festival “got COVID-ed,” along with the 2020 leg of the Stones’ No Filter Tour. "
              https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...m_campaign=snd

If true, does that mean that the 2020 final Sunday ticket for the Stones would have been normal price, kind of a lagniappe from the Brits? And does it foreshadow the pricing for this year's special Wednesday? Am I delusional?

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                Hey gregg, looks like one of the "booker's" (ohio)from the "gated community" as you refer to Facebook has momentarily come to commune with the derelicts here on this site. My oh My
                The peanut gallery should be seen, not heard.

Comment

Originally posted by ajg View Post
                  Keith Spera's article on nola.com reveals information that I think is huge and is news to me:

"After the 2019 cancellation, the Rolling Stones planned to make up the date at the 2020 Jazz Fest on its final Sunday, May 2. Then, as Davis put it, the whole 2020 festival “got COVID-ed,” along with the 2020 leg of the Stones’ No Filter Tour. "

If true, does that mean that the 2020 final Sunday ticket for the Stones would have been normal price, kind of a lagniappe from the Brits? And does it foreshadow the pricing for this year's special Wednesday? Am I delusional?
                  Your Delusion knows no bounds!! $200 minimum . That Sunday cluster may have reached Dave Matthews 2001 or Elton John status.

Comment

Originally posted by ohio View Post
                    Will Quint retire if he finally pulls this off?
                    If he actually meets Mick and Keef his ego may vaporize into space right on the spot........

Comment

Originally posted by ajg View Post

Spera just tweeted this morning that he didn't mention it in the Stones article but he found out that "Randy Newman is booked in the Blues Tent this fall".

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyTree View Post

Spera just tweeted this morning that he didn't mention it in the Stones article but he found out that "Randy Newman is booked in the Blues Tent this fall".
                        He's been on the schedule for Sunday, Oct 10. I think the only thing that this reveals is what stage he's on. Not related to Stones announcement, unless they're switching things up (Oct 10 is on Newman's website, but its his only October date, so I guess its flexible??).

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

He's been on the schedule for Sunday, Oct 10. I think the only thing that this reveals is what stage he's on. Not related to Stones announcement, unless they're switching things up (Oct 10 is on Newman's website, but its his only October date, so I guess its flexible??).
                          Nothing 'screams' the Blues like Randy Newman. Short People is right up there with Dust my Broom, Manish Boy, Backwater Blues and Little Red Rooster. I'm sure Lord Horror would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Nothing 'screams' the Blues like Randy Newman. Short People is right up there with Dust my Broom, Manish Boy, Backwater Blues and Little Red Rooster. I'm sure Lord Horror would agree.
                            Yeah, I think he was on Gentilly last time, which is better, IMO.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping some iteration of the remaining Meters would pre-headline, but that's just me. The Stones very much exceeded my expectations last Superdome show. I enjoyed the **** out of it. For those who haven't seen the last setlist here or forgot it:

Jumpin Jack Flash
                              Let's Spend the Night Together
                              Tumbling Dice
                              Sad Sad Sad
                              Under My Thumb
                              You Can't Always Get What You Want

Angie
                              Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
                              Honky Tonk Woman
                              Slipping Away
                              Before They Make Me Run
                              Miss You
                              Paint It Black
                              Midnight Rambler
                              Start Me Up
                              Brown Sugar

Gimme Shelter
                              Sa tis fac tion

So swap out a couple and give me a bit more Goats Head Soup and Satanic Majesties Request. Also, I may be one of the few people who absolutely loved the fuck out of the video of Undercover when they shot up that church as gangsters. Nothing earth shattering about that album, but they proved they could be relevant even in the video age era.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJkfXeTs9Q

Comment

any idea on ticket cost for Wednesday yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X