• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fest canceled

There you go…..

JAZZ FEST 2021 WILL NOT OCCUR IN OCTOBER DUE TO COVID-19 CONDITIONS

2022 JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL SET FOR APRIL 29 – MAY 8

As a result of the current exponential growth of new COVID cases in New Orleans and the region and the ongoing public health emergency, we must sadly announce that the 2021 edition of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell, scheduled to take place October 8 –17, 2021, will not occur as planned. We now look forward to next spring, when we will present the Festival during its traditional timeframe. Next year’s dates are April 29 – May 8, 2022.

This was obviously going to happen. So sad due to all of the losers out there who refuse to do the right thing.

Comment

See you in April, unless...

Comment

Damn damn damn damn..... Been holding out hope, but the numbers were increasingly bad. FQF? Damn damn damn.

Comment

Crap isn't even the word... Thanks to The Pandemic Of The Non-Vaxxers. Let's be real here...the situation we are now in is entirely the fault of those selfish people. This is what those of us who have done the right thing get for our consideration.

All good thoughts for the people who provide care so needlessly put in such stress.

https://www.nola.com/opinions/stepha...ac8e355ae.html
          Last edited by chopitulas; 08-08-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

But hey, let freedumb ring

Comment

I hate to see JF cancel but I agree that it was the right decision.

Comment

Fuck!

Comment

Blow Me!

Comment

Very disappointed but not surprised. You can't always get what you want.

Comment

While I completely understand this, and on a rational level I agree that it’s the right thing to do, it is so upsetting to me.
                      I don’t know how much more disappointment I can handle.
                      It’s been a really rough couple years.
                      If I were 25, none of this would make a dent in my life, but at 64, to lose two years is significant.

Comment

Of course we shouldn't forget the real victim in all this, namely poor Sir Mick Jagger...

(Too Soon?)

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
                          While I completely understand this, and on a rational level I agree that it’s the right thing to do, it is so upsetting to me.
                          I don’t know how much more disappointment I can handle.
                          It’s been a really rough couple years.
                          If I were 25, none of this would make a dent in my life, but at 64, to lose two years is significant.
                          I concur and it just pisses me off more at the ignorant antivaxxers.

Comment

I had been on the fence for October but I hope they can pull it off next spring.

Comment

RIP Jazz Fest. At least it made it to 50. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Working...
                              X