Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was offered Saints season tickets. I declined.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by swag View Post
    Nola.com reports:

    The New Orleans Saints will give refunds to season ticket holders who want them due to the vaccine mandate and mask rules in place for home games this season, according to a statement released by the team Thursday.

    Season ticket holders have until Tuesday, Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. to request refunds for the 2021 season. Those returned tickets will be made available to people on the Saints' wait list.

    Team spokesperson Greg Bensel said about 120 people have reached out to the team about a potential refund before the new guidelines were announced. At the same time, many more are hoping to get into the games under the rules, he said.


    What the article glosses over, though, is this nugget from the Saints statement:
    At their request, we will cancel their accounts and provide a refund.

    This means that if you request a refund, you're giving up your seats permanently.

    So I doubt many at all will follow through on the refund. Easier to sell the tickets individually (probably for a profit) and keep your seats for a future year when Covid is less of an issue.
    While I'm a strong supporter of vaxxing up and masking up, I'm glad Saints reversed their no-refund policy. Honestly, if you can't/won't be vaccinated and are unable/unwilling to get and show a negative test to attend a game, just re-sell tickets for the for the first few months and hopefully this spike settles down and the city removes the restrictions.

    Comment


    • #17
      I went to the Eagles/Saints playoff game in '93 (Saints blew a 20-10 3rd quarter lead, losing by double digits in fact, hard to do but anyway...). My buddy and I were pretty excited by the free tickets. We get there and they have put a row of folding chairs behind the top row of seats in the corner. I'm kind of surprised they were even allowed to do it. Needless to say, not great seats behind the top row. haha

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by McGregor View Post
        I went to the Eagles/Saints playoff game in '93 (Saints blew a 20-10 3rd quarter lead, losing by double digits in fact, hard to do but anyway...). My buddy and I were pretty excited by the free tickets. We get there and they have put a row of folding chairs behind the top row of seats in the corner. I'm kind of surprised they were even allowed to do it. Needless to say, not great seats behind the top row. haha
        Behind the top row of the lower level is typically where they put folks in wheelchairs; folding chairs for their companions
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

        Comment


        • #19
          What is the average price on the sidelines lower 600 level?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
            What is the average price on the sidelines lower 600 level?
            See the link in post 4.

            Prices are per seat for a 10 game package (8 regular season + 2 preseason).
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by swag View Post

              See the link in post 4.

              Prices are per seat for a 10 game package (8 regular season + 2 preseason).
              Those prices seem pretty reasonable to me. I was expecting the prices to be more. Now I'm going to have to dig around and look for some of my old Redskin bills.

              Comment


              • #22
                How gracious of them.

                No mention of those who simply don't want to be inside a domed stadium with 75K fans, vaccinated or not. That's the category I would fall into.

                They're asking people not to put their tickets on the secondary market, by turning in tickets that the Saints know they won't have any trouble selling on their own. And in return, they'll cancel your account completely.

                Tough call.....but were it me.....this would be my cue to visit Stubhub and start listing tickets.

                ALWAYS has to be some BS stipulation. They can't just do the right thing and refund the money, and let people decide in February whether to re-up next season. Unless they figure this is the "new normal," and Covid will be running wild in LA a year from now as well.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

                  They're asking people not to put their tickets on the secondary market, by turning in tickets that the Saints know they won't have any trouble selling on their own. And in return, they'll cancel your account completely.
                  This is not accurate. The original statement encouraged anyone who didn’t want to attend for any reason to simply resell each game individually on seatgeek (the “official” secondary market of the nfl).
                  The people who are having their account closed are those who refused to do that and insisted on a blanket refund for their entire season.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I do see a train wreck happening in the NFL this season. If they don't limit capacities at games you could easily have a super spreader event at one of the NFL stadiums. Same problem for college football. Vaccinated people can still have the virus and spread it.
                    Sure hope I'm wrong.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                      I do see a train wreck happening in the NFL this season. If they don't limit capacities at games you could easily have a super spreader event at one of the NFL stadiums. Same problem for college football. Vaccinated people can still have the virus and spread it.
                      Sure hope I'm wrong.
                      The NFL & NCAA couldn't care less. Money is more important.

                      I'm glad Quint did not feel the same way, and acted responsibly.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                        I do see a train wreck happening in the NFL this season. If they don't limit capacities at games you could easily have a super spreader event at one of the NFL stadiums. Same problem for college football. Vaccinated people can still have the virus and spread it.
                        Sure hope I'm wrong.
                        As of now, the Saints & Raiders are the only NFL teams requiring vax/test.
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by swag View Post

                          As of now, the Saints & Raiders are the only NFL teams requiring vax/test.
                          That is very unfortunate, but sadly not a surprise at all.

                          Idiocy, complacency and greed rule.

                          As Fearless said it "looks like there is a major accident waiting to happen".

                          I also hope that he is wrong..

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

                            The NFL & NCAA couldn't care less. Money is more important.

                            I'm glad Quint did not feel the same way, and acted responsibly.
                            I don't mean this to be a comment critical of Quint, but don't think for a minute that the financial impact wasn't first and foremost on his mind. The financial cost of moving forward and having to cancel at a later date would have been catastrophic.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                              I was a season ticket holder of the Washington Redskins (yes... Redskins) for almost 40 years. By virtue of luck, some connections and other circumstances, I was able to move around the two stadiums that they occupied for that period of time and enjoy or not enjoy a number of angles and perspectives. I never chose to go any higher up than the mezzanine/owner box levels. My favorite vantage point and the seats that I renewed for the longest period of time surprisingly enough were end zone aisle seats about 25 rows up off of the field. Most people would be disdainful. They want those side line seats. Closer to the 50 yard the better. I, myself disagree. I will address the obvious negative perspective first. That of course, is the distance of the play when the ball is at the opposite end of the field. I will concede that is in fact a negative but I will vehemently argue that the following thoughts more than compensate. Should one really be a serious fan of the game and be extremely interested in exactly who is doing what the angles that the end zone provides, specifically left and right more than compensate. Over time you learn depth perception and can gauge five and ten and twenty, ect yards pretty effectively. What I wanted to see was the blocking and the game as it appeared to the quarterbacks eyes. Who is open, who ran a good route and who threw a bad pass and a crappy block and so on and so forth. I enjoyed my times in the end zone.
                              Tennis on TV is always viewed from the 'end zone' . There are advantages. I have been to maybe 30 NFL games (uh, always on invite, haven't paid since one year seasons tix in the 70's.
                              (I was at the Ghost to the Post Playoff game). The excitement is real. The viewing experience is always a little tough. Prefer basketball or baseball live. NFL is good TV , and you can take that to the bank $$$.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

                                Tennis on TV is always viewed from the 'end zone' . There are advantages. I have been to maybe 30 NFL games (uh, always on invite, haven't paid since one year seasons tix in the 70's.
                                (I was at the Ghost to the Post Playoff game). The excitement is real. The viewing experience is always a little tough. Prefer basketball or baseball live. NFL is good TV , and you can take that to the bank $$$.
                                Well Duh! You're in Balmur. Of course you think baseball is great. You've the Angelos clan. Those lovable rascals.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X