SAINTS 21!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

They are not offered as excuses, they are offered as facts. And you seem to be missing the parts of the post that are about the reason they were in that position that were acknowledged to be of their own doing, the loss to Atlanta, in particular.

I do hope the Rams get crushed and go home like the Dodgers did. Beat LA!!!
    Injuries? Covid? How could i forget that no other team in the NFL had to deal with injuries or covid? You are right---FACTS!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisjoseph View Post

Injuries? Covid? How could i forget that no other team in the NFL had to deal with injuries or covid? You are right---FACTS!
      Did another team have 20 players out because of Covid? Did the Rams not have a game moved because of their Covid situation? (I don't care about them enough to be sure but I believe that is the case.) Did any other team start 58 players in the course of the season? Did I not acknowledge every team deals with injuries?

Again, my comments are about a particularly tough season the Saints fought through and, I repeat, are not offered as excuses. Nobody feels sorry for anybody in the NFL. Losses to the Giants and Atlanta, games they should have won, sealed their fate.
      chopitulas
      Last edited by chopitulas; 6 days ago.

Comment

• Niner's win gave the Bucs the #2 seed. Didja see the video when Arians whispered the score to Brady?

If we get past the Eagles we'll have a second playoff game at home. That's only happened once before--in 1980. Coincidentally the only Bucs post-season game I have attended.

Comment

• The truth is, the Saints have never had things go their way when it counts. Many of us can be and will continue to be Saints fans, even though we don't live in Nawlins'.

The reality is that they've won their 1 Championship this century, and it will likely be another 100 years before they win another. During those 100 years, they may make it to the Super Bowl once or twice, but let's just accept the fact that they are one of those teams that seldom gets a shot at a title, so we should be glad they at least did so once, and now we can live off those memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

If we get past the Eagles we'll have a second playoff game at home. That's only happened once before--in 1980. Coincidentally the only Bucs post-season game I have attended.
            I'm stoked and surprised that the Eagles are in the playoffs - we thrive on being the underdog and I hope we get a good game on Sunday. FLY EAGLES FLY

Comment

Did another team have 20 players out because of Covid? Did the Rams not have a game moved because of their Covid situation? (I don't care about them enough to be sure but I believe that is the case.) Did any other team start 58 players in the course of the season? Did I not acknowledge every team deals with injuries?

Again, my comments are about a particularly tough season the Saints fought through and, I repeat, are not offered as excuses. Nobody feels sorry for anybody in the NFL. Losses to the Giants and Atlanta, games they should have won, sealed their fate.
              Every team dealt with covid. The number of players (a lot for virtually every team) is important, but so is the mere fact that all teams had to live with covid rules for the vaccinated, and different rules for their unvaccinated players.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...-nfl-policies/

It's there for your review.

In summary: every team has injuries. Every team dealt with covid. The Saints had to relocate for two home games, one of which they hammered the Green Bay Packers.

The reality is that the Saints lost eight games BECAUSE THEY WERE AN AVERAGE TEAM. I know it's hard to accept that, especially when your team comes close to securing a playoff spot.
              chrisjoseph
              Last edited by chrisjoseph; 6 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
                The truth is, the Saints have never had things go their way when it counts. Many of us can be and will continue to be Saints fans, even though we don't live in Nawlins'.

The reality is that they've won their 1 Championship this century, and it will likely be another 100 years before they win another. During those 100 years, they may make it to the Super Bowl once or twice, but let's just accept the fact that they are one of those teams that seldom gets a shot at a title, so we should be glad they at least did so once, and now we can live off those memories.
                True dat...except for the time we woulda had a shot at another title but the ref couldn't find his flag. (I don't need to mention who was the beneficiary of that ridiculous non-call...).

GO NINERS!!!
                chopitulas

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisjoseph View Post

Every team dealt with covid. The number of players (a lot for virtually every team) is important, but so is the mere fact that all teams had to live with covid rules for the vaccinated, and different rules for their unvaccinated players.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...-nfl-policies/

It's there for your review.

In summary: every team has injuries. Every team dealt with covid. The Saints had to relocate for two home games, one of which they hammered the Green Bay Packers.

The reality is that the Saints lost eight games BECAUSE THEY WERE AN AVERAGE TEAM. I know it's hard to accept that, especially when your team comes close to securing a playoff spot.
                  They were an average or below average team offensively. They were a stellar team defensively. Whether that woulda been enough to carry them very far in the playoffs is an open question as it looks like Taysom Hill wouldn't be available. Siemian looked good both times he came in on short notice but didn't look as good when he started.

But I don't think many teams would have wanted to play them after seeing what the defense was capable of, shutting out Brady at home and making touchdowns hard to come by for everyone they played late in the year. Cam Jordan was a beast, helped by the return of Marcus Davenport and David Onyemata, Demario Davis should be an All Pro, and the secondary, often a weakness in recent years, was stout.

Oh well...
                  chopitulas

Comment

• Can we all at least agree that we hate the Eagles?

Comment

• [QUOTE=SoCalFestLover;n864962]The truth is, the Saints have never had things go their way when it counts. Many of us can be and will continue to be Saints fans, even though we don't live in Nawlins'.

The reality is that they've won their 1 Championship this century, and it will likely be another 100 years before they win another. During those 100 years, they may make it to the Super Bowl once or twice, but let's just accept the fact that they are one of those teams that seldom gets a shot at a title, so we should be glad they at least did so once, and now we can live off those memories.[

Don’t forget 28-3 was like your second Super Bowl so you’ll always have that memory.

Comment

What the comment overlooks is what the Saints had to go through this year. The first five games were "on the road" because of Hurricane Ida, costing them home games. The starting QB was knocked out for the year after winning the job, with the No. 2 guy out with a concussion forcing the No. 3 to start. They were forced to play a game with 20 players on the Covid list when other teams had their games moved in the same circumstance. They had to start 58 players in the year, the highest number ever. When they got their full defense back late in the year, they became a force no one wanted to deal with, I can assure you.

But, we know the deal, the games they lost cost them dearly. The bomb that cost them the first Atlanta game was a death blow as they woulda been on top the division with the win they shoulda had and it mighta changed things moving forward.

There is no love lost for the LA Rams after the refs screwed us out of a victory over them that woulda put us in the Super Bowl in 2019. And we can be angry those idiots couldn't hold a 17 point lead. Saints fans have had to suffer a brutal series of season-ending outcomes in recent years, this being another. It's not drama, it is frustration and a reflection of what the team means to the city. But no excuses are offered, every team has injuries and things to overcome and the Niners fought hard to get back in a game they looked out of so they earned their spot. It is just a sad ending to a hell of a ride of a season.
                        "There is no love lost for the LA Rams after the refs screwed us out of a victory over them that woulda put us in the Super Bowl in 2019"

I'm a Saints fan but it was the refs, not The Rams that screwed us. I have no feelings one way or another about them, they are just another NFL team.

Once Winston went down and it was revealed Thomas was not coming back this season the writing was on the wall; this team was not going anywhere this season.
                        jjazznj
                        Last edited by jjazznj; 6 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
                          It could be worse, Saints fans: you could be Giants fans.
                          I feel your pain. I'm also a longtime G-Men fan being from the NJ/NY area and they are an embarrassment. Judge needs to go now that Gettleman is gone. But at least they won a couple of SBs the last 25 years by beating Brady and The Pats.

Comment

• Originally posted by stynger View Post
                            To be fair you would have said that even if they got the Saints in as would have everybody else.
                            Absolutely. I grew up in Los Angeles and watched their traitorous owners pull their team and run to greener pastures (St. Louis??), then come crawling back like that old boyfriend who says, "It wasn't you, baby, I just needed time to find myself".
                            They're dead to me.

Comment

• The Rams were clearly the better team at SoFi yesterday, evidenced by the easy 17-0 lead they quickly put up. At halftime, they checked the scoreboard and realized that with a win, they'd have to play the Mighty Saints next week. So they kept it close until the end, and once they saw Arizona was losing late, they knew they could still win the division and play at home next week even with a loss, they locked that in for the easier matchup against the Cards. It's obvious to anyone, connect the dots people!

Note to readers, the above is satire. There's no conspiracy, no one was out to get the Saints this year. It wasn't the refs, it wasn't Goddell, it wasn't the Rams. The Saints missed the playoffs because they lost 8 games. They had some remarkable wins, and some inexcusable losses.

There's no denying the hard luck the Saints ran into. Injuries (and I guess Covid) are part of the game, but the Saints got hurt worse than most. Kamara and the quarterbacks have been mentioned, but don't forget that their kicker and top receiver also missed the whole season. No offense can produce under those conditions.

So like they say, wait 'til next year!

In the meantime, my Saints flag came down today , and the Mardi Gras flag went up. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
                                The Rams were clearly the better team at SoFi yesterday, evidenced by the easy 17-0 lead they quickly put up. At halftime, they checked the scoreboard and realized that with a win, they'd have to play the Mighty Saints next week. So they kept it close until the end, and once they saw Arizona was losing late, they knew they could still win the division and play at home next week even with a loss, they locked that in for the easier matchup against the Cards. It's obvious to anyone, connect the dots people!

Note to readers, the above is satire. There's no conspiracy, no one was out to get the Saints this year. It wasn't the refs, it wasn't Goddell, it wasn't the Rams. The Saints missed the playoffs because they lost 8 games. They had some remarkable wins, and some inexcusable losses.

There's no denying the hard luck the Saints ran into. Injuries (and I guess Covid) are part of the game, but the Saints got hurt worse than most. Kamara and the quarterbacks have been mentioned, but don't forget that their kicker and top receiver also missed the whole season. No offense can produce under those conditions.

So like they say, wait 'til next year!

In the meantime, my Saints flag came down today , and the Mardi Gras flag went up. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
                                As ridiculous as it sounds I’m glad you flagged that as satire.

Comment

Working...
                                X