SAINTS 21!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

Absolutely. I grew up in Los Angeles and watched their traitorous owners pull their team and run to greener pastures (St. Louis??), then come crawling back like that old boyfriend who says, "It wasn't you, baby, I just needed time to find myself".
    They're dead to me.
    Well I felt the same about the owner. She didn’t come crawling back. She died. Then the team came back.

Comment

• Things getting testy around here when the Facebook Threadheads come back for a visit. Now there's some irony for ya !!

Comment

• Geaux Dawgs!!!

Comment

• How long does it take after moving to New Orleans for The Saints to be your favorite team over the squad you have been cheering for all your life?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
            How long does it take after moving to New Orleans for The Saints to be your favorite team over the squad you have been cheering for all your life?
            I wouldn't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
              How long does it take after moving to New Orleans for The Saints to be your favorite team over the squad you have been cheering for all your life?
              For some, the question should be, how long after The Saints become your favorite team do you decide to move to New Orleans to be closer to the one you love.

Personally, I became a Saints fan 10 years before I became a resident. Which worked out pretty well, since it took 12 years to get to the top of the season ticket waitlist.

As far as "favorite", I reject the widely accepted notion that you can only be a fan of one team. So the Saints may be my favorite team now, but I still root for the Jets and Giants too (as much as those incompetent organizations will allow).
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

As far as "favorite", I reject the widely accepted notion that you can only be a fan of one team. So the Saints may be my favorite team now, but I still root for the Jets and Giants too (as much as those incompetent organizations will allow).
                Agree with this wholly - I have MY teams: The Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers, and Phillies. And I'm a Temple basketball diehard for better or worse but I have a whole other tier of teams that I pull for - I like the Cleveland Guardians (fka Indians) in baseball. In football I mildly support the Jets because I have a slew of loyal Jets fan friends and I want to see them have something to celebrate someday. I'm pretty team loyal with the NBA but I have a number of players who I support- I love Kevin Durant but not so much in a Nets uniform - and a whole bunch of players who I loved in college who are now in the league and as long as they aren't on the court against the sixers, I'm usually encouraging them to shine. In college basketball I'm a Big 5 loyalist (except for St. Joe's - no love for them) and while I love watching another team take the Big 5 title from Villanova, when it comes time for the big dance I'm cheering for Jay and the boys. And I support Rutgers basketball as my close second to Temple. I hate Duke but I love Coach K. I love mid-major basketball - thank god basketball is played in the winter so I don't lose precious summertime weather watching games indoors. Oh! and my favorite NHL team is whoever is playing the Flyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Agree with this wholly - I have MY teams: The Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers, and Phillies..... Oh! and my favorite NHL team is whoever is playing the Flyers.
                  Wait, what? What did the Flyers do to you? Did Gritty scare you? The only mascot that gives me nightmares is that king cake baby.

Comment

Absolutely. I grew up in Los Angeles and watched their traitorous owners pull their team and run to greener pastures (St. Louis??), then come crawling back like that old boyfriend who says, "It wasn't you, baby, I just needed time to find myself".
                    They're dead to me.
                    Except it was a different owner that left for St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisjoseph View Post

Except it was a different owner that left for St. Louis.
                      Don't care.
                      Still dead to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

Wait, what? What did the Flyers do to you? Did Gritty scare you? The only mascot that gives me nightmares is that king cake baby.
                        I like Gritty but that's IT with the Flyers. I don't like Flyers fans. It's complicated and unwavering. If pushed to choose an NHL team it would be the Penguins (grew up with Pens fan) or the Devils, because of NJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

King Cake Baby is the greatest mascot in the history of sports. I will brook no dissent on this issue. In fact, if you TRULY want to get into the carnival spirit......
                          https://rockemsocks.com/products/king-cake-baby

Comment

Don't care.
                            Still dead to me.
                            I would love to see old photos of you at Rams games pre-moving to St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

I like Gritty but that's IT with the Flyers. I don't like Flyers fans. It's complicated and unwavering. If pushed to choose an NHL team it would be the Penguins (grew up with Pens fan) or the Devils, because of NJ.
                              But Eagles fans are well respected!

Comment

• One of our Krewe members has been to every Saints home game for 30+ years. He travels to one game per year with the goal of
                                visiting all NFL stadiums except two due to their fans. He wears his full Saints colors on the road.

1. Philadelphia Eagles
                                2. LV Raiders

He was at the Ravens game (couple of years ago) in the end zone when all they had to do was kick the point after touchdown with less than 2 minutes left to tie the game.
                                They missed the extra point and the Saints won.

Comment

Working...
                                X