The Beatles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles?

Hey children, a friend just forwarded this link to me. That was so long ago and as memories fade and times and tastes change they just seemed to have become kind of bland to this old mans memory. This link and video makes me rethink that. Those chaps seem to have had something going on. Take a look and tell me what you think?

https://youtu.be/UocEGvQ10OE

Oh. I thought this was going to be one of those every-20-years-or-so speculations about Badfinger being the re-hab four. Still cool, but a vivid reminder to NEVER allow spouses or significant others into the studio. See any little league parent video for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
      Oh. I thought this was going to be one of those every-20-years-or-so speculations about Badfinger being the re-hab four. Still cool, but a vivid reminder to NEVER allow spouses or significant others into the studio. See any little league parent video for reference.
      YoKo Hater!

Comment

I was really grooving with it until I saw Yoko and then shuddered with how pissed I have been with her for all these years .......Anyone who disagrees, please listen to a couple of her "albums" first ......

Comment

Originally posted by FestJester View Post
          I was really grooving with it until I saw Yoko and then shuddered with how pissed I have been with her for all these years .......Anyone who disagrees, please listen to a couple of her "albums" first ......
          "Walking On Thin Ice" was a great song. The last thing that John worked on before being murdered.

Comment

Beatlemania broke up the Beatles, not Yoko. Actually went to see her "Star Peace" tour in '84. Having said that, always thought the band was kind of wimpy. Still do.

Comment

The Beatles were a wonderful band who opened a lot of doors and minds. In my 1966-1970 high school years, no music meant more to me than theirs. They led me to everything else. Can't wait to see this film.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                The Beatles were a wonderful band who opened a lot of doors and minds. In my 1966-1970 high school years, no music meant more to me than theirs. They led me to everything else. Can't wait to see this film.
                Do you think that they were influenced by NRBQ?

Comment

Not familiar with The Beatles. Will have to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Do you think that they were influenced by NRBQ?
                    When Paul McCartney jammed with the Q, he stopped the proceedings to walk over to bassist Joey Spampinato and check out the technique he was using on "Things We Said Today". They may be the biggest influence on NRBQ. I've always said that if the Beatles could forget all the bullshit and go out on a stage live, have fun and play whatever they felt like, they could be NRBQ (but they would have to learn some jazz chops). What I like best about the footage I'm seeing for this Beatles flick is watching the band when they forget the business, the wives and the bullshit and become united over the music. Then you see the joy and magic return.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

When Paul McCartney jammed with the Q, he stopped the proceedings to walk over to bassist Joey Spampinato and check out the technique he was using on "Things We Said Today". They may be the biggest influence on NRBQ. I've always said that if the Beatles could forget all the bullshit and go out on a stage live, have fun and play whatever they felt like, they could be NRBQ (but they would have to learn some jazz chops). What I like best about the footage I'm seeing for this Beatles flick is watching the band when they forget the business, the wives and the bullshit and become united over the music. Then you see the joy and magic return.
                      Both of your posts reflect much of how I feel regarding the Beatles. The forties and fifties had a great deal of good music in a variety of formats. Black artists and White artists. Big Band and Country and Liberace and so on and so forth. February 3rd, 1959 is referred to as "The Day the Music Died" and for good reason. Buddy Holly ,Richie Valens and "The Big Bopper" died in a plane wreck and music ran into a wall. We the listeners were forced to endure so much fluff and crap. The youngsters here could not fathom. Fabian for craps sake. Sure there were some good artists out there but most were not getting much exposure. Then we fell into the "Folk " scene. Oh my Gawd, New York City bohemia took over. Peter, Paul and Mary and the Kingston Trio et. al. I'll post a link below to the Billboard top 100 for 1962. Just peruse the names. Yes, yes, I know some names will stand out as legends and deservedly so, but mostly dreg.
                      The Beatles virtually single- handedly led us out of that era. They put the excitement back. They created a market and breathing room for all of the others who were to come along afterwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billbo...ingles_of_1962
                      Last edited by 20/20; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                        Not familiar with The Beatles. Will have to check them out.
                        They do a solid cover version of the Black Laurel tune "Come Together".
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

They do a solid cover version of the Black Laurel tune "Come Together".
                          Black Laurel ?? Never heard of them. I'll check em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Black Laurel ?? Never heard of them. I'll check em out.
                            They are extremely popular within the transgender community

Comment

I remember playing their albums backwards when I was a kid looking for clues that "Paul Is Dead". Fun times!

Comment

Working...
                              X