Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to Eric Lindell tonight? holy high ticket price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to Eric Lindell tonight? holy high ticket price!

just me, or does $33 a ticket seem crazy high? Half of that seems reasonable

Compared to what I will (and have) paid for Saints games and symphony tickets, $20 to $30 range for a musician/band/venue I love isn't unreasonable, IMO. Its time to pay these folks what they're worth.

Comment

Not a 'free Friday' show I take it. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
        just me, or does $33 a ticket seem crazy high? Half of that seems reasonable
        All of these artists haven't been able to perform regularly for 18 months. Please support them. I would expect that generally, ticket prices will be higher than normal to make up for the drought.

Comment

Ticket prices definitely have gotten much higher. But prices were unreasonably low for so long. I just hope the artists are seeing the benefit of the higher prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post
            Ticket prices definitely have gotten much higher. But prices were unreasonably low for so long. I just hope the artists are seeing the benefit of the higher prices.
            I hope so too. One positive thing from the pandemic was the opportunity to directly support artists you like by using PayPal, Venmo etc. In my case, I sent money to several artists because I wasn't spending any money going to live music for more than 12 months.

Comment

There are few things or people I'd rather spend that money on than that.

An artist I love--who needs the money--performing live music at one of my favorite venues?

Yes, please!

Comment

Compared to other shows from local artists at Tips (excluding JF-time shows that are always higher), Eric is $2 more than the Soul Rebels, $2 more than Tank, $11 less than Galactic. So basically in line.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

My other half and friends are heading over to Tips tonight to see Eric and I wish I could be there with them.

Comment

I like him in Dragon Smoke, who I'll see next month there but not a big enough fan to pay that much to see him. That being said $33 does not seem that high to me.

I haven't been to any shows here since the mask mandate. Do people wear them? Do staff say anything to those who do not?

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                      I like him in Dragon Smoke, who I'll see next month there but not a big enough fan to pay that much to see him.
                      There have been times over the years when I felt the same. The last time I saw him was in a small local club in New Haven a couple years ago and I was mightily impressed by how well the years have served him.

Comment

The other side of the matter is what the potential attendees can afford, show after show. My income has not risen at nearly the pace show and Fest prices have (hardly at all for the past 4+ years since retiring), so I compensate by attending fewer shows, eating at restaurants less often, buying fewer CDs, etc., all of which costs are on top of those of travel and accommodation. Will the artists draw as big a crowd as they would if their price was a bit lower, might they even make a bit more money that way? Tricky to get just the right balance. And affordability is always going to be an individual decision on the consumer's part.

Comment

I haven't been to any shows here since the mask mandate. Do people wear them? Do staff say anything to those who do not?
                          I've been to Tip's once since the mask mandate, for the free Cowboy Mouth show. The venue did a great job of checking vaccination status and enforcing masks as people walked in the door. Once inside, however, the vast majority of folks took them off, whether or not they were drinking. (I wasn't drinking and kept mine on the entire time.)

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post

I've been to Tip's once since the mask mandate, for the free Cowboy Mouth show. The venue did a great job of checking vaccination status and enforcing masks as people walked in the door. Once inside, however, the vast majority of folks took them off, whether or not they were drinking. (I wasn't drinking and kept mine on the entire time.)
                            Pretty much what I thought. I went to that Clapton concert last night, the checking of vax cards was a total joke and inside hardly anyone wore a mask.

Comment

Pretty much what I thought. I went to that Clapton concert last night, the checking of vax cards was a total joke and inside hardly anyone wore a mask.
                              Not surprising, but extremely disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                              X