Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickie Wah Wah will reopen October 6

https://www.offbeat.com/news/chickie...rce=linkin.bio

Well that is very pleasant news. I hope that it works out for all of the parties involved as well as the music aficionados who both live in and visit the city.

Comment

That is some much needed very good news.

I wish them all the best for the future and I will certainly be supporting them whenever I am in town.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
          I'm in
          Me too.

One of the last times I saw Dale was for the Cleary, Singleton, Vidacovich show shortly before the pandemic shutdown. We argued whether that guy in the audience was Boz Scaggs or not. Dale said it wasn't. I said it was. Dale said if it was, Cleary would shake his hand as he came out side. As Cleary was walking outside, he stops and shakes the guys hand. Turned out it was Boz Scaggs. Dale said I was crazy. But, I took no offense, because that was Dale, he ran a club where musicians, oftentimes big ones, showed up to watch other musicians perform.

Comment

Originally posted by DownDaBayou View Post

Me too.

One of the last times I saw Dale was for the Cleary, Singleton, Vidacovich show shortly before the pandemic shutdown. We argued whether that guy in the audience was Boz Scaggs or not. Dale said it wasn't. I said it was. Dale said if it was, Cleary would shake his hand as he came out side. As Cleary was walking outside, he stops and shakes the guys hand. Turned out it was Boz Scaggs. Dale said I was crazy. But, I took no offense, because that was Dale, he ran a club where musicians, oftentimes big ones, showed up to watch other musicians perform.
            Nice story.

Comment

We'll be there!

Comment

Susan Cowsill Band playing Oct 17, per Facebook.

Comment

Palm Court opened up last night for the first time since the pandemic. Go while you can. Nina Buck is getting up there.

Comment

Interesting couple of articles in todays Advocate about the reopening and what may transpire in the future for Chickie Wah Wah.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                      Interesting couple of articles in todays Advocate about the reopening and what may transpire in the future for Chickie Wah Wah.
                      Hey. I have a ridiculous update to our John Fohl CWW flat tyre story! Remind me when we're next drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post

Hey. I have a ridiculous update to our John Fohl CWW flat tyre story! Remind me when we're next drinking.
                        Will do, look forward to it.

Comment

I'll play this one by ear. Might peak in to see how crowded it is.

Comment

Headed to CWW tonight. Hope to see y’all there. Happy hour 5-7pm. Meschiya & Tom 7-10pm. BBQ pop up I think.

Comment

I'll swing by at some point - I have to pick up my shirt. Maybe 8-ish, and if it's not crowded, I'll hang for some music.
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X