Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chickie Wah Wah will reopen October 6, 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I know one of the new owners, there is a small group who bought the joint. I'll let y'all know any details when I see him over the next week. I'm curious what they have in mind.

    I wish it would just go back to what it was with local music with some touring acts sprinkled in. I've seen some of my faves there like Joe Ely, Alejandro Escovedo, Dave Alvin and Shannon McNally.

    Comment


    • #47
      Certainly a surprise or two in that new ownership group.

      Comment


      • #48
        Mildly curious who owns the place now? If it had remained on sale through the summer I would probably have put in a bid. Refused to make the commitment until i get results from teh case I'm trying in Chicago in 2 weeks. Had we settled by now I would probably have made an offer, but this is likely for the best. Maybe the industry is in my future when i get enough of this dirty lawyer money to retire.............

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
          Mildly curious who owns the place now? If it had remained on sale through the summer I would probably have put in a bid. Refused to make the commitment until i get results from teh case I'm trying in Chicago in 2 weeks. Had we settled by now I would probably have made an offer, but this is likely for the best. Maybe the industry is in my future when i get enough of this dirty lawyer money to retire.............

          what kind of case ? And is it at Daley center or federal ?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by mangochill View Post


            what kind of case ? And is it at Daley center or federal ?
            federal - antitrust class action against a couple of big pharma players. Currently scheduled to go up on Tuesday and we pick a jury the following week.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

              federal - antitrust class action against a couple of big pharma players. Currently scheduled to go up on Tuesday and we pick a jury the following week.
              Good luck, with the case and with your plans to open a music venue, hopefully in NOLA.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

                federal - antitrust class action against a couple of big pharma players. Currently scheduled to go up on Tuesday and we pick a jury the following week.
                nice. Take that big pharma down! Good luck.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I look forward to new ownership.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                    I know one of the new owners, there is a small group who bought the joint. I'll let y'all know any details when I see him over the next week. I'm curious what they have in mind.

                    ...
                    Looking forward to getting the scoop. CWW is one of my favorite venues in town (and part of the reason I spell my dog's breed as Chiwahwah; my vet probably things I'm uninformed of the correct spelling).

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                      I know one of the new owners, there is a small group who bought the joint. I'll let y'all know any details when I see him over the next week. I'm curious what they have in mind.

                      ..
                      Speaking of bars making a come back, CWW has been on my mind the past few weeks. Any news?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by festbabe View Post

                        Speaking of bars making a come back, CWW has been on my mind the past few weeks. Any news?
                        The guy I know has been out of town but I'll ask him what's up when I see him which should be soon. Thanks for the reminder. This is what's on their website:

                        Chickie Wah Wah is closed for the summer during the transition to new ownership!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X