X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festbabe
    replied
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
    I know one of the new owners, there is a small group who bought the joint. I'll let y'all know any details when I see him over the next week. I'm curious what they have in mind.

Looking forward to getting the scoop. CWW is one of my favorite venues in town (and part of the reason I spell my dog's breed as Chiwahwah; my vet probably things I'm uninformed of the correct spelling).

Leave a comment:

• stynger
    replied
    I look forward to new ownership.

Leave a comment:

• mangochill
    replied
    Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

federal - antitrust class action against a couple of big pharma players. Currently scheduled to go up on Tuesday and we pick a jury the following week.
    nice. Take that big pharma down! Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Kemp
    replied

federal - antitrust class action against a couple of big pharma players. Currently scheduled to go up on Tuesday and we pick a jury the following week.
    Good luck, with the case and with your plans to open a music venue, hopefully in NOLA.

Leave a comment:

• HankAndLeeStamper
    replied
    Originally posted by mangochill View Post

what kind of case ? And is it at Daley center or federal ?

Leave a comment:

• mangochill
    replied
    Mildly curious who owns the place now? If it had remained on sale through the summer I would probably have put in a bid. Refused to make the commitment until i get results from teh case I'm trying in Chicago in 2 weeks. Had we settled by now I would probably have made an offer, but this is likely for the best. Maybe the industry is in my future when i get enough of this dirty lawyer money to retire.............

what kind of case ? And is it at Daley center or federal ?

Leave a comment:

• HankAndLeeStamper
    replied
    Mildly curious who owns the place now? If it had remained on sale through the summer I would probably have put in a bid. Refused to make the commitment until i get results from teh case I'm trying in Chicago in 2 weeks. Had we settled by now I would probably have made an offer, but this is likely for the best. Maybe the industry is in my future when i get enough of this dirty lawyer money to retire.............

Leave a comment:

• 20/20
    replied
    Certainly a surprise or two in that new ownership group.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    I know one of the new owners, there is a small group who bought the joint. I'll let y'all know any details when I see him over the next week. I'm curious what they have in mind.

I wish it would just go back to what it was with local music with some touring acts sprinkled in. I've seen some of my faves there like Joe Ely, Alejandro Escovedo, Dave Alvin and Shannon McNally.

Leave a comment:

• Headless Hornman
    replied
    ...certainly uncertain.

Leave a comment:

• HankAndLeeStamper
    replied
    My wife told me John Rankin had posted something about doing one of the last shows this week (?) before new ownership takes over. It is sold, and from what Rankin said, staying a live music venue. Amount of change to come though is certainly uncertain.

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied
    Chickie web site lists a show tomorrow (Dale's birthday bash), and "Then closed for the summer during the transition to new ownership!"

Leave a comment:

• Gards
    replied
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
    "Offers are due by April 22 at 5 p.m." I really wonder how many people will put up an offer. And will the buyer even have live music?
    I wonder why they have to put a short time frame on offers.

I would have thought it would make sense to have it available for sale during during JazzFest time when high rollers like Paul C and his ilk are in town.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    "Offers are due by April 22 at 5 p.m." I really wonder how many people will put up an offer. And will the buyer even have live music?

Leave a comment:

• innertube
    replied
    What did Tips sell for?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X