• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

SWAG??

or

jjazznj ?
    Haha. No thanks.

Comment

Yeah, once you get past the initial reaction "It'd be fun to own a music club!", I think the reality would be much harsher.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I heard that Barry was looking for something to do come January!

Comment

Originally posted by Staxsun View Post
          I heard that Barry was looking for something to do come January!
          Good point

Comment

Any updates? I'm seeing several shows being booked....

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
              Any updates? I'm seeing several shows being booked....
              They were closed last night but have shows cancelled this weekend. Not sure if it's due to COVID, Full slate on their calendar.

https://www.chickiewahwah.com/ecwd_calendar/calendar/

Comment

Unique venue in the TT repertoire.

Comment

New Orleans music venue Chickie Wah Wah is up for sale after 16 years

Ever wanted to own a New Orleans music venue?

Chickie Wah Wah, the cozy listening room at 2828 Canal St., is for sale.

The estate of late owner Dale Triguero is offering the real estate at 2826-2828 Canal St., most of the club’s contents and the rights to the Chickie Wah Wah name and website as part of the sale.

The asking price for the package is $995,000. Offers are due by April 22 at 5 p.m. Shelley Lawrence of Latter & Blum is representing the seller.

The house that Triguero owned on Algiers Point was sold. With those proceeds, the estate paid off the Chickie Wah Wah building and obtained clear title to it.

The sale comes with a couple of caveats.

All gigs currently on the Chickie Wah Wah calendar must be honored. Gigs are booked through May 21, by which point the estate hopes to have closed on a sale.

Some items inside Chickie Wah Wah, including the piano and elements of the décor, are not included in the sale.
                  https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...71095df4c.html
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

"The asking price for the package is $995,000. Offers are due by April 22 at 5 p.m. Shelley Lawrence of Latter & Blum is representing the seller."

OK, so we each put up about 10 grand and................

Comment

What did Tips sell for?

Comment

"Offers are due by April 22 at 5 p.m." I really wonder how many people will put up an offer. And will the buyer even have live music?

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                          "Offers are due by April 22 at 5 p.m." I really wonder how many people will put up an offer. And will the buyer even have live music?
                          I wonder why they have to put a short time frame on offers.

I would have thought it would make sense to have it available for sale during during JazzFest time when high rollers like Paul C and his ilk are in town.

Comment

Working...
                          X