Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full lineup is out:
    FcjugI_agAEx649.jpg

Excited to see that youth-grass phenoms - Crying Uncle got the tap. Very hot picking from this quartet from Alameda!

And Thank you Warren Hellman!

Comment

• That HSB line-up is very Americana Fest-esque. I hope someone who attends a SG Goodman set at Americana Fest gives a review. She's intriguing with a raw, honest, delivery. Doesn't Friday's staging take place only at Banjo and Porch stages? Those 2 stages have offered some of the best & most convenient stage-hopping. Before the security fencing went up, I'd cross-country between Banjo, the old Arrow, and Swan stages and between Banjo and Rooster, but that's not an option anymore. I'll second the notion of putting down "roots" (ie chairs & such) at a stage with a good mix of favorites, and then strolling out to a couple of neighboring stages to see selected other artists. FOMS are baked into the cake at this fest, too. And I'm rapidly getting to the age where the sun is as fatiguing as what used to be my bad behavior lol. I've been hedging proximity to a stage with certainty of shade of late. What's the largest vacuum stainless bottle anyone's brought in? I could see grabbing a growler for water, and other imbibables, if they pass the security guidelines. Also, the porto-let sitch is not as friendly as Jazzfest if you're in a spot up close in the densest seating area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meters Fan View Post
        Full lineup is out:
        FcjugI_agAEx649.jpg

Excited to see that youth-grass phenoms - Crying Uncle got the tap. Very hot picking from this quartet from Alameda!

And Thank you Warren Hellman!
        I'm guessing that the Drive-By Truckers and Asleep at the Wheel will be the closing bands on Friday, which means I will miss them to head to GAMH for the Elvis plays Hunter/Garcia show. Oh well.

Sunday is absolutely packed. Going to be tons of FOMS for me that day no matter how it shakes out.

Comment

• Yall have me very jealous.
          Here i am wondering if the Fried Chicken Festival is ever going to announce an act, being as it's 2.5 weeks away.
          Thankfully that Jan Ramsey benefit is now going that weekend for music as well.
          In terms of it being "Nola x Nola" at the end of the month i'm not seeing the slam packed club listings we were supposed to get..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

I'm guessing that the Drive-By Truckers and Asleep at the Wheel will be the closing bands on Friday
            I had Sam Bush as the Banjo Friday headliner but you never know. I'll be down at Billy Strings at Frost.

Another act not to miss is The Quitters - Glenn Houston and the great Stevie Coyle (founder of the Waybacks)
            Last edited by Meters Fan; 09-14-2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
              Yall have me very jealous.
              Here i am wondering if the Fried Chicken Festival is ever going to announce an act, being as it's 2.5 weeks away.
              In terms of it being "Nola x Nola" at the end of the month i'm not seeing the slam packed club listings we were supposed to get..........
              I thought I saw a Chicken fest partial lineup, but I might have confused it with Beignet Fest.

I think nola x nola is nothing, just the chamber of commerce wrapping a branding around shows that were happening anyway.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

"Nola x Nola" is actually, "Same old, Same old".

Interesting that they are selling tix for that Fried Chicken Fest. For what? $15 for the opportunity to wait in long lines to buy fried chicken?

Luckily there are some good artists coming to town this Fall & Winter (Jack White, Wilco, The Smile, Charley Crockett, Billy Strings....) as the fest scene is nothing to get excited about.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

I thought I saw a Chicken fest partial lineup, but I might have confused it with Beignet Fest.

I think nola x nola is nothing, just the chamber of commerce wrapping a branding around shows that were happening anyway.
                  Exactly! Just a marketing slogan.

Comment

• I don't see set times, but Chicken Fest performers (2 stages):

SATURDAY LINEUP
                    • Soul Rebels
                    • Mannie Fresh
                    • PNC
                    • Water Seed
                    • Sweet Crude
                    • DJ Keith Scott
                    • DJ Antwingde
                    • Big 6 Brass Band
                    • TBC Brass Band
                    • Mainline
                    • Jodeci Juice Joint
                    • Joce Blends
                    SUNDAY LINEUP
                    • Chris Ardoin
                    • Flowtribe
                    • Big Sam’s Funky Nation
                    • Shamarr Allen
                    • Amanda Shaw
                    • Sweet Crude
                    • DJ Keith Scott
                    • DJ Rakim
                    • Flag Boy Giz
                    • Tonya Boyd-Cannon
                    • Brass-a-holics
                    • Letrainiump
                    https://friedchickenfestival.com/entertainment/
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

We're jealous of your restaurant selection at Chickenfest. Dayum!

Buen provecho!

Comment

• Gentilly Fest will return to Pontchartrain Park in October with three stages of music

​Gentilly Fest returns to Pontchartrain Park with three days of music, art and food Oct. 7-9 on three stages.

The free festival runs 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and noon to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the playground, at Press and Prentiss drives in New Orleans.

The fest kicks off with a "Jazz Under the Stars" evening with a mix of live entertainment and DJs. Brian Quezergue Quartet, Indys Blu, Quiana Lynell and DJ Juane Jordan will perform.

Saturday sounds will include Muevelo, Corey Ledet Zydeco, Raw Revolution, T-Ray the Violinist, Brass-A-Holics, Water Seed, Big Sam's Funky Nation, and DJs Paul and Raj Smooth.

Gina Brown, Bo Dollis Jr. and the Wild Magnolias, Hasizzle, Erica Falls, the Batiste Brothers, Partners-N-Crime and DJ B Sharp with host DC Paul will perform Sunday.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...nthem&utm_medi um=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR13QrS5Js4 1CZXB8DRiF1BS9XrMfa1GFC8tHXjjtQZnFGGf5pVzeNe989g

Gentilly Fest celebrates all things "Gentilly," including continuous live music on three stages, sumptuous food from a variety of local restaurants & caterers and fine arts and crafts for sale from many local vendors.

We have activities for children in our Kids' Village including pony rides, a kids entertainment stage, face painting, pottery making, garden crafts and much more...

Gentilly Fest also offers a variety of practical recovery information offered by local organizations and an opportunity for neighbors and friends to come together with their families in a safe, festive environment to build closer relationships with our police & fire departments, elected officials and each other.

Gentilly Festival is a 501(c3) non-profit, community focused organization.

Comment

• What a great venue for a music festival.
                          Telluride Bluegrass

A Built to Wander Weekend in Telluride - YouTube

Comment

• Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in SF Golden Gate Park daily schedule
                            image.png
                            Come one, come all, share your tarp, drink up and tip big!

Comment

• The "cubes" version on the HSB website is a lot more useful.

Comment

• Agreed, very small type.

Comment

Working...
                                X