Swagfest™

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swagfest™

My birthday this year was supposed to be Second Saturday of Jazzfest, but the fates had other ideas. So instead, please come out to the free "Festin' at Faubourg" event on Saturday October 16 to help me celebrate.

The good folks at the brewery have put together a truly stellar musical lineup for us to enjoy.

12:30pm-2pm Alex McMurray Band
    2:30pm-4pm Honey Island Swamp Band
    4:30pm-6pm George Porter Jr. & the Runnin' Pardners

This is outdoors, on a huge lawn with plenty of room to spread out.

Some chairs are provided, but probably best to bring your own.

Proof of vax is required if you need to enter the building.

For anyone who needs a ride, there's a free shuttle from Brieux Carré (Decatur St., just off Frenchmen) running from 12-9pm.

See the brewery event page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/284316519957808/
    Last edited by swag; 10-09-2021, 03:16 PM.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

I'll try to make it.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Happy birthday Swag! What a great party you have lined up!

Comment

We’ll be there!

Comment

Wish we were there to celebrate with you!

Comment

Wish we were there. Happy birthday, Swag.

Comment

Sounds like a great day, sorry to miss it. Have a wonderful Birthday!

Comment

Sounds great! We were out there yesterday (Sat) for Meschiya Lake and Wolfman, excellent venue with good A/C indoor respite from the blazing cloudless sunny day. A bit of 'fun' driving there but now we know the way....

Comment

Is Swagfest(tm) a one day fest or will it be taking place on Sunday as well?

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                      Is Swagfest(tm) a one day fest or will it be taking place on Sunday as well?
                      One day for now. I predict rapid growth and maybe the balm we need to replace 'Festgiving' at Jenn's.

I missed it due to visiting guests.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

One day for now. I predict rapid growth and maybe the balm we need to replace 'Festgiving' at Jenn's.

I missed it due to visiting guests.
                        I have a very personal interest in the cubes for Sunday October 17.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

I have a very personal interest in the cubes for Sunday October 17.
                          As an organized gathering, just Saturday. But like Teeter Totter fest, I'd like to think that Swagfest is a state of mind, wherever you're enjoying music.

The Faubourg lineup on Sunday is excellent (Sketch, Little Freddie, Suspects w/ Juan). Me, I'll be at Breakfest in the morning for Duhon and Anders; after that, I just saw James Andrews and Jon Cleary are in City Park Sunday afternoon, so may end up there.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

As an organized gathering, just Saturday. But like Teeter Totter fest, I'd like to think that Swagfest is a state of mind, wherever you're enjoying music.

The Faubourg lineup on Sunday is excellent (Sketch, Little Freddie, Suspects w/ Juan). Me, I'll be at Breakfest in the morning for Duhon and Anders; after that, I just saw James Andrews and Jon Cleary are in City Park Sunday afternoon, so may end up there.
                            NOTED.

Comment

We did first weekend at Faubourg with Meshiya and Wolfman and had a great day. It's a beautiful outdoor venue albeit without much shade. Sound was good and the sky was blue and the air was warm. Threadhead carnivores take note that the burgers they sell inside are quite remarkably tasty and filling. The beers are fine and the waits were short for that weekend. We had to leave NOLA sooner than we wanted (as usual) and missed Rosetree and will miss Swagfest, but we will be there in spirit. Happy birthday, Moderator in Chief, and we hope all y'all lucky enough to be there Threaders have a swinging, groovy time. By the way, Brieux Carre Brewing just off Frenchman round the corner from LMF offers a free shuttle to Faubourg from noon to nine.

Comment

Working...
                              X