Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tedeschi Trucks Band Coming Back To The Saenger Jan 7&8

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I broke down and did it, 11th row, stage far far right, night 1. Also bought a table for 4 for Cleary's sit-down gig at Tips next month. Who's lame now you rotten Mormon bastard?!?!?!?!?
    (Actually i'm sure in the next couple of months i'll post about how i had to eat the cost of these tickets cause I just couldn't get off the sofa ) But for now i have the "covered in earl" show, Cleary, and TTB lined up for Nov, Dec, Jan. Could be worse for a guy in his mid 50s.

    Comment


    • #32
      Hoping this one finds its way to the Mormon section of Poland; next fall TTB tour will include Berlin, Prague, Hamburg......

      https://www.tedeschitrucksband.com/tour

      Comment


      • #33
        Ha, thanks for the Heads-Up.

        I saw TTB at Hamburg Stadtpark back in 2016, in a beautiful outdoor amphitheater in a massive park in the middle of the city. Thankfully I got there a couple of hours early and went inside, where I realized I only had maybe 20 Euro in cash with me, so I found someone who worked there (who spoke a little English) and asked him where I could find the ATM. He acted like I asked him where I could buy an endangered Siberian Tiger, he truly seemed completely flabbergasted and confused how anyone might need to access cash at a concert venue where the various vendors didn't accept plastic for payment. Thankfully, even though there were no In/Out privliges, he took pity on me and walked me to the ticket gate and told them to let the clueless American back in after I walked to the nearest cash machine, which naturally was close to 2 miles away.

        When I finally got back, (after a quick 5 minute detour in the trees to "Clear My Head") it turned out to be the best Tedeschi Trucks Band show I think I might have ever seen.

        (Hamburg is an interesting city, honestly not my favorite place in Germany, but I certainly had an amazing time that night)

        Maybe Prague and then Rotterdam would be a pretty enjoyable little getaway...?
        MormonMatthew
        Senior Member
        Last edited by MormonMatthew; 12-06-2021, 03:04 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Matthew ---- i also don't know if you're listening to these guys, but I love love love them --- Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio --- reminiscent of Art Neville, Booker T, and other greats --- going to be all over Europe (except Poland of course) in the spring. This is an act i've been dying to see but the last fest that actually happened i had a trial going on and couldn't attend their only (late night Wolf) show. For acts who haven't played the fairgrounds, i would say these guys, Black Pumas, fantastic negrito, and bring back Kamasi Washington (who i missed last time a fest happened for the same reason). that's 4 acts i've never seen and am dying to. (Editing to realize ---- the tour schedule i just posted affirmatively confirms that DLO3 will NOT be at the fest this year, even in a late night capacity )
          https://delvonlamarrorgantrio.com/pages/shows

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
            Matthew ---- i also don't know if you're listening to these guys, but I love love love them --- Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio --- reminiscent of Art Neville, Booker T, and other greats --- going to be all over Europe (except Poland of course) in the spring. This is an act i've been dying to see but the last fest that actually happened i had a trial going on and couldn't attend their only (late night Wolf) show. For acts who haven't played the fairgrounds, i would say these guys, Black Pumas, fantastic negrito, and bring back Kamasi Washington (who i missed last time a fest happened for the same reason). that's 4 acts i've never seen and am dying to. (Editing to realize ---- the tour schedule i just posted affirmatively confirms that DLO3 will NOT be at the fest this year, even in a late night capacity )
            https://delvonlamarrorgantrio.com/pages/shows
            Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio records are very good, and their live shows are even better. Looking forward to seeing them in Santa Cruz on Dec 30. And, as has been pointed out by others on this board, Fantastic Negrito is a must see. Really can't think of another performer with his charisma.

            Comment


            • #36
              Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio are definitely a Jimmy Smith, Lonnie Smith, Booker T, early Meters vibe. Look forward to seeing them.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNPQRd8_U3E

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNO71hgto7c

              Comment


              • #37
                More news (and free music) from Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio below.
                Also, has my lameness run its course??? Over the past 3 weeks I've been to the Covered in Earl tribute, Dragonsmoke, and J Cleary and the AMGs, all at Tips, and only one of them an early/seated show
                And to avoid complete thread drift, those 3 shows were just the big build up for Tedeschi Trucks at the Saenger, only about 3 weeks away now..........

                https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/de...s-weiss-album/

                Comment


                • #38
                  Does anyone have the pre sale codes for Red Rocks?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The new NOLA based drummer for TTB, Isaac Eady is playing a late night gig at The Toulouse Theater after the first TTB show on Fri Jan 7th. It says it's him and Very Special Guests. Tix are $22. I'm going to go to both shows. We shall see who those guests will be.

                    https://wl.seetickets.us/event/Isaac...oulouseTheatre


                    Toulouse Theatre Presents Isaac Eady and Friends with some very special guests LIVE at the Toulouse Theatre in the French Quarter on Friday, January 7, 2022. This is a LATE show, doors open at 11:00 PM, and the show begins at 11:30 PM.

                    Isaac Eady is a composer and multi-instrumentalist from Tullahoma, Tennessee. Born into a musical family, Eady gravitated towards music early, and by two years old he was already playing the drums. In the fall of 2020, he independently released his debut album No Turning Back in which he played drums, keys, bass, and the guitar.

                    Isaac performs, teaches, and collaborates with world-class musicians including but not limited to Jabo Starks, Nigel Hall, Rhiannon Giddens, Papa Mali, Russell Batiste, Jennifer Hartswick, Warren Batiste, Robert Randolph, and Cha Wa.

                    As of February of 2021, Isaac is a touring member of the Tedeschi Trucks Band.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                      The new NOLA based drummer for TTB, Isaac Eady is playing a late night gig at The Toulouse Theater after the first TTB show on Fri Jan 7th. It says it's him and Very Special Guests. Tix are $22. I'm going to go to both shows. We shall see who those guests will be.

                      https://wl.seetickets.us/event/Isaac...oulouseTheatre


                      Toulouse Theatre Presents Isaac Eady and Friends with some very special guests LIVE at the Toulouse Theatre in the French Quarter on Friday, January 7, 2022. This is a LATE show, doors open at 11:00 PM, and the show begins at 11:30 PM.

                      Isaac Eady is a composer and multi-instrumentalist from Tullahoma, Tennessee. Born into a musical family, Eady gravitated towards music early, and by two years old he was already playing the drums. In the fall of 2020, he independently released his debut album No Turning Back in which he played drums, keys, bass, and the guitar.

                      Isaac performs, teaches, and collaborates with world-class musicians including but not limited to Jabo Starks, Nigel Hall, Rhiannon Giddens, Papa Mali, Russell Batiste, Jennifer Hartswick, Warren Batiste, Robert Randolph, and Cha Wa.

                      As of February of 2021, Isaac is a touring member of the Tedeschi Trucks Band.
                      These are the guests according to Satchmo.com. Looks like a really late show.

                      Isaac Eady & Friends - (11:30pm)
                      f/ Alfred Jordan, Devin Kerrigan, Caleb Tokarska, Henry Green, Andrui Yanovski, Aurelien Barnes, Jose Maize, and Juicey Jackson; opening set by 2 Funky starts at 11:30pm


                      I mean, there's always a chance that his employers may show up of course...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

                        These are the guests according to Satchmo.com. Looks like a really late show.

                        Isaac Eady & Friends - (11:30pm)
                        f/ Alfred Jordan, Devin Kerrigan, Caleb Tokarska, Henry Green, Andrui Yanovski, Aurelien Barnes, Jose Maize, and Juicey Jackson; opening set by 2 Funky starts at 11:30pm


                        I mean, there's always a chance that his employers may show up of course...
                        Yeah those look like "friends" but they said "some very special guests". Haha. Wish there was no opener seeing as I'm already coming from The Saenger.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Anyone know if the Saenger shows are "An Evening With"? I haven't seen it listed as such but have seen no mention of an opening act. I much prefer just the band and two sets.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                            Anyone know if the Saenger shows are "An Evening With"? I haven't seen it listed as such but have seen no mention of an opening act. I much prefer just the band and two sets.
                            The TTB website lists an opener for the Shreveport show on Thursday night and does not list one for either night in NOLA. Thinking that means the answer is no opener?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The after-shows at the Joy:

                              "Due to the recent surge of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, the Iko Allstars show on January 7th and the Midnight Riders show on January 8th have been cancelled."
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

                                The TTB website lists an opener for the Shreveport show on Thursday night and does not list one for either night in NOLA. Thinking that means the answer is no opener?
                                I saw that, too, and am hoping that's what it means. The last 2 night Saenger run in January 2019 was An Evening With. I just am wondering why it isn't listed as such on the site.

                                At this point, though, it is fingers crossed it happens. The Saenger was open with a Broadway show over the weekend, my concern is more the TTB touring party but I would expect they have insisted all precautions be taken by band members before they hit the road in a couple of buses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X