Tedeschi Trucks Band Coming Back To The Saenger Jan 7&8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
    For those in New Orleans, the Broad Theater will be showing the movie about the Mad Dogs and Englishmen re-creation with Leon Russell at Lockn' 2015 this weekend.

http://www.thebroadtheater.com/event...115-0116-0119/
    I saw it at The Broadside a while back. Enjoyable movie although I'd rather just watch a video of the entire Mad Dogs show that they played. Some of the commentary gets a bit over the top at times and repetitive. Worth seeing though and like the original Mad Dogs Tour, Leon Russell steals the show here one last time as he passed away the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

They were booked as the Soul Stew Revival before it became TTB. I saw them at the Fillmore in SF in 2007 billed as that. Swag's Cubes show them as Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi Band at Jazz Fest in 2010. I can't quite remember if it was basically the Derek Trucks Band with Susan added as Soul Stew Revival was or if it was the real beginnings of the TTB with Oteil, etc. I do remember they did cause pandemonium in there.
      Forgot about the pandemonium. Seating filled early. Aisles were packed. Blues tent police in full mode. It was the big band concept as I recall, 3 horns and 2-3 singers. Only difference was it was more covers with a little Derek's and a little Susan's thrown in. It was a happening.

Comment

Working...
      X