Festivalboy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festivalboy!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to the vast TH nation for all of the cards and goodies you've sent. I was just sitting here thinking how much they mean to me and thought it might be nice to share some of that with Festivalboy. Out of sight, out of mind and all that, but never far from our thoughts. I know he would love to get a flood of cards, postcards and emails.
    A couple of ways to get stuff to him is to just mail it to home and Chrissa will take it from there

Steve Languis
    5168 Edgewood Pl
    Los Angeles, CA 90019

Or you can email him through the facility website at
    https://sendacard.org/email/collect

Share the love!
    201207140801-02-otters-in-love-scarborough-exlarge-169.jpg

You are a beautiful person- thanks for sharing Steve's address, he's never far from our thoughts either... I don't have Chrissa's number, but if you speak to her- send her our best. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post
      You are a beautiful person- thanks for sharing Steve's address, he's never far from our thoughts either... I don't have Chrissa's number, but if you speak to her- send her our best. Thanks
      Agreed.

I have not been in contact with Steve and Chrissa for quite some time, and shall do so tomorrow.

Comment

I'm sad to share this update here...
        (Copied from a post by Diane Bragg on FB)

An update from Chrissa on our dear festivalboy, Steve:

"Steve has had a rough week. Saturday, his O2 dropped and they put him on oxygen. Sunday he stopped eating and taking his meds. Sleeping a lot.

After discussing with his doctor who has also become a friend, we have decided to stop treatment. Steve has been able to make his own decisions until now. I have said that when he can no longer make his own decisions, then the decision is made.

He is loved and very well taken care of at St Andrews. They are as sad as all of us. I can come and go as I please. He is comfortable and doesn't seem to be in any pain.

We have no idea how long he has ... I guess that is the last thing that will be up to him."

Comment

So sad about this. Sending love to Steve and Chrissa.

Comment

Our friend took the train with Steve & Crissa several years back and it was a great introduction and an opportunity for us to get to know them better (my pal STILL didn't make it out to fest that trip!). Anyway, seeing Steve pushing through the hand that fate had dealt him made me think that more time, even if it's a short while, is a blessed thing -and not something to take lightly. I hope Steve's at peace and goes gently into the next plane.

Comment

I am so sorry to read this, Steve & Chrissa are some of the finest, friendliest people I have ever known, and I love spending time with them, in New Orleans or Los Angeles. I wish I knew what else I could say, but just so you both know, a couple of years back, I told my amazing Ania a few stories about some of our time spent together when her and I were on our honeymoon in beautiful Northern Greece. We are raising a glass of Metaxa to you both....

(Chrissa, if/when you read this, please know that I have tried calling a couple of different times over the past couple of weeks, but for some reason my calls never go thru, so I finally sent a postcard a few days back. God bless you and Steve., you are both in my thoughts)
              Last edited by MormonMatthew; 12-01-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Despite never having met them, I'm feeling incredibly sad about this. Peaceful travels.

Comment

So very sad to hear this.

Steve has been very strong through all this, with unending support from Chrissa

I wish Steve great peace and love for this transition and my thoughts and best wishes are with Chrissa

Comment

Well said Gards. One of my favorite Jazzfest joys is mornings at Liuzza’s with the both of them.
                    That said, no pain and apparently comfortable is a gift from the above. Should we all have done something in our life to have earned that as we weaken.
                    Much Love

Comment

I am very sad and sorry to hear this. Steve is a great man; always positive, always giving. Wishing him and the family comfort and peace.

Comment

Chrissa just called and said she got "the call" from the nursing home about an hour ago. She also said to tell everyone that Steve loved you all.
                        Her email is [email protected].

Comment

Thanks Delta

Comment

<3 < 3

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                              Chrissa just called and said she got "the call" from the nursing home about an hour ago. She also said to tell everyone that Steve loved you all.
                              Her email is [email protected].
                              This is heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing her email address- and for posting about sending cards to Steve a couple of weeks ago. Our hearts go out to Chrissa, their families and friends.
                              Last edited by Nancy10016; 12-03-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X