Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022 Lineup Predictions

    I’m gonna be optimistic and say we will be back at it this spring. Time to start some guessing? I also think the lineup will be out early before end of year. That’s my first prediction.

  • #2
    I don't usually get involved in this speculating who will play but I'd bet (and hope) that Springsteen will be back again next year.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think everyone who was announced for either 2020 or 2021 gets invited to play.

      Obviously, some won't be touring, some have passed on, some may have visa issues, and some may decline for other reasons. But start with those lists, and I think you have 90% of the locals and 75% of the BNAs.

      For reference:
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Justin Beaver is in Houston on April 29 and Dallas on May 1.

        So he could easily be a huge First Saturday Headliner, and he is presented by AEG, which hopefully should assist in getting JB to the Fairgrounds.

        It would be great way to introduce a younger female audience to Fest.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JoJo View Post
          I’m gonna be optimistic and say we will be back at it this spring. Time to start some guessing? I also think the lineup will be out early before end of year. That’s my first prediction.
          It all depends on the timing and severity of next surge. When they cancelled for October, the cases were numerous and they had a deadline, but when the scheduled dates came, things were better, as most Threadheads who came anyway during that time will attest. Vax up and cross dem fingers !!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

            It all depends on the timing and severity of next surge. When they cancelled for October, the cases were numerous and they had a deadline, but when the scheduled dates came, things were better, as most Threadheads who came anyway during that time will attest. Vax up and cross dem fingers !!
            We should know a lot more two or three weeks after Mardi Gras which would be a month or so before The Fest.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gards View Post
              Justin Beaver is in Houston on April 29 and Dallas on May 1.

              So he could easily be a huge First Saturday Headliner, and he is presented by AEG, which hopefully should assist in getting JB to the Fairgrounds.

              It would be great way to introduce a younger female audience to Fest.
              Wow, if that happens, I'm sure the altar you build to honor him will put to shame even the Sacred Shrine to Jon Bon Jovi from a decade ago.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by swag View Post

                Wow, if that happens, I'm sure the altar you build to honor him will put to shame even the Sacred Shrine to Jon Bon Jovi from a decade ago.
                I well remember the Bon Jovi Shrine and I have no doubt that a tribute to the Bayou Beaver will equally as well done.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Saw this announcement and thought some might show up for JF but now realize there's too much time between the events.


                  The Orion Amphitheater, Huntsville’s newest live entertainment destination, will celebrate its opening weekend May 13th – 15th, 2022 with The First Waltz. This landmark event welcomes many of music’s most beloved artists to the stage at The Orion, all of whom have deep ties to the North Alabama region.

                  This momentous three-day event features performances by:

                  Friday, May 13th:
                  Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit
                  Emmylou Harris
                  Waxahatchee
                  John Paul White

                  Saturday, May 14th:
                  Brittany Howard
                  St. Paul & the Broken Bones
                  Mavis Staples
                  Drive-By Truckers

                  Sunday, May 15th:
                  The Aeolians of Oakwood University
                  Deqn Sue & Kelvin Wooten
                  Translee
                  Huntsville Community Drumline


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
                    Saw this announcement and thought some might show up for JF but now realize there's too much time between the events.
                    Remember Jazzfest is a week later than usual; second weekend 2022 ends Sunday May 8.
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is not at the Fairgrounds but Les Claypool has already announced Primus' tribute to the band Rush is coming to the Saenger Theatre April 27.
                      https://www.jambase.com/article/prim...22-rescheduled

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hope it'll mean a chance to pick up some acts that weren't booked for 2021 - Jason Isbell and War and Treaty sure come to mind.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buffett is a definite-- He said as much during shows over the summer.

                          The Who are most likely still in, though they haven't announced a new US tour yet.

                          NY/Crazy Horse probably a smart bet with the new album on the way.
                          Last edited by BrettM; 2 weeks ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nicholas Payton, please use the band from your latest excellent recording (Smoke Sessions), featuring Ron Carter and George Coleman.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BrettM View Post
                              Buffett is a definite-- He said as much during shows over the summer.

                              The Who are most likely still in, though they haven't announced a new US tour yet.

                              NY/Crazy Horse probably a smart bet with the new album on the way.
                              Really hoping for Neil and Crazy Horse.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X