• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nallo View Post
    Uh oh

Bon Jovi Announce American Tour Starting in April

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/...ge-1235148884/
    Well...they are in the area during Fest time and have nothing after the 30th.

Comment

• Saw him at the Grand Opening of the Rock Hall Concert in Cleveland. Kicked ass!

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post

Vince Gill is a hack…wink…nod…nod
        Vince Gill is very talented, they just don't sound like The Eagles. To me The Eagles had Glenn Frey, Bernie Leadon, Randy Meisner & Don Felder in the band.

Comment

• Joe Walsh, Hotel California.

Comment

• Originally posted by teetertotter View Post
            Joe Walsh, Hotel California.
            James Gang, Funk #48.

Comment

• Line-up should be coming out next week, right?

Comment

• This week? Next week? The week after?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nallo View Post
                  Uh oh

Bon Jovi Announce American Tour Starting in April

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/...ge-1235148884/
                  Having grown up in NJ, in the early 80s we could not believe this local bar band Bon Jovi, who we thought sucked, was actually getting popular. They made the jump so quickly. Never understood what people saw in them although Jon seems like a nice guy. I met him once at the famous recording studio The Power Station in NYC where his cousin Tony Bongiovi owned and he worked at as did a friend of mine. Didn't they play Jazz Fest once before? Nice safe pick for Quint I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Having grown up in NJ, in the early 80s we could not believe this local bar band Bon Jovi, who we thought sucked, was actually getting popular. They made the jump so quickly. Never understood what people saw in them although Jon seems like a nice guy. I met him once at the famous recording studio The Power Station in NYC where his cousin Tony Bongiovi owned and he worked at as did a friend of mine. Didn't they play Jazz Fest once before? Nice safe pick for Quint I guess.
                    Not the guy from Jersey I wanna see booked.

Comment

I believe Bon Jovi has played twice, 2009 and 2011.

The first time they played things got pretty nasty here with many, including me, being very vocal about our dislike for that selection and what it meant about the future of Fest. In retrospect, I have to say that I learned a lot about my own musical snobbery then, especially when I saw how it was received by people I liked who were Bon Jovi fans.

I have tried to change that since. I'm still not a fan of their music and would not see them, but Jon definitely seems like a good guy (and I *think* he's a big part of the attraction for many if not most of their fans).

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

Not the guy from Jersey I wanna see booked.
                        Haha. My thoughts exactly. Looks like not until 2023 for that other guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

I believe Bon Jovi has played twice, 2009 and 2011.

The first time they played things got pretty nasty here with many, including me, being very vocal about our dislike for that selection and what it meant about the future of Fest. In retrospect, I have to say that I learned a lot about my own musical snobbery then, especially when I saw how it was received by people I liked who were Bon Jovi fans.

I have tried to change that since. I'm still not a fan of their music and would not see them, but Jon definitely seems like a good guy (and I *think* he's a big part of the attraction for many if not most of their fans).
                          Not a fan but in retrospect there are some much worse bookings than them. Lorde, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Lizzo......... Quint's gotta keep those turnstiles spinnin'!

Comment

Not a fan but in retrospect there are some much worse bookings than them. Lorde, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Lizzo......... Quint's gotta keep those turnstiles spinnin'!
                            I believe the first Bon Jovi booking was before all of those, and kind of heralded that direction, for exactly the reason you mention.

Oh, and I like Lizzo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

I believe the first Bon Jovi booking was before all of those, and kind of heralded that direction, for exactly the reason you mention.

Oh, and I like Lizzo.

Lorde was a real catch though, since she played JF just before she got mega-huge.

Worst JF booking ever was JD & the Straight Shot, the vanity project of industry honcho James Dolan. Apparently the Fest had to take them to get Fleetwood Mac. Only time I've ever seen the Acura stage absolutely deserted in prime time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrettM View Post

Lorde was a real catch though, since she played JF just before she got mega-huge.

Worst JF booking ever was JD & the Straight Shot, the vanity project of industry honcho James Dolan. Apparently the Fest had to take them to get Fleetwood Mac. Only time I've ever seen the Acura stage absolutely deserted in prime time.
                                Being a Knicks fan I am all too familiar with Dolan. Yeah hard to think of a worse booking than that (sorry JD&TSS fan(s)!!!).

Comment

Working...
                                X