Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

    Not the guy from Jersey I wanna see booked.
    That's true, I went the other weekend and missed Southside Johnny the last time he played Fest.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BrettM View Post


      Lorde was a real catch though, since she played JF just before she got mega-huge.

      Worst JF booking ever was JD & the Straight Shot, the vanity project of industry honcho James Dolan. Apparently the Fest had to take them to get Fleetwood Mac. Only time I've ever seen the Acura stage absolutely deserted in prime time.
      I watched Lorde for a few songs and thought she was terrible. JD & the Straight Shot! I'm sure that they were even worse! I'm a huge Knick fan and despise Dolan although I give him credit for disappearing these last 2 years. Maybe he's working on that next big album! Haha.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lit View Post


        I believe Bon Jovi has played twice, 2009 and 2011.

        The first time they played things got pretty nasty here with many, including me, being very vocal about our dislike for that selection and what it meant about the future of Fest. In retrospect, I have to say that I learned a lot about my own musical snobbery then, especially when I saw how it was received by people I liked who were Bon Jovi fans.

        I have tried to change that since. I'm still not a fan of their music and would not see them, but Jon definitely seems like a good guy (and I *think* he's a big part of the attraction for many if not most of their fans).
        Still ain’t ready to shop the scarf and spandex section. Can’t even make a Heather Locklear joke after the band replaced Richie.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

          That's true, I went the other weekend and missed Southside Johnny the last time he played Fest.
          I would love to see Southside again at the Fest or in a club. Back in the late 70s they were such a great band. His first 3 albums are classics filled with great songs written by Springsteen and Little Steven.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

            Having grown up in NJ, in the early 80s we could not believe this local bar band Bon Jovi, who we thought sucked, was actually getting popular. They made the jump so quickly. Never understood what people saw in them although Jon seems like a nice guy. I met him once at the famous recording studio The Power Station in NYC where his cousin Tony Bongiovi owned and he worked at as did a friend of mine. Didn't they play Jazz Fest once before? Nice safe pick for Quint I guess.
            I have w#rked on a bit of their stuff over the years and Jonny seemed nice enough in passing and I did not hear a bad word about him, the drummer whose name was something like Chico was a lovely chap.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

              I would love to see Southside again at the Fest or in a club. Back in the late 70s they were such a great band. His first 3 albums are classics filled with great songs written by Springsteen and Little Steven.
              The jazzfest show in the Blues tent was absolutely dire. The late 70's was a long time ago...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

                The jazzfest show in the Blues tent was absolutely dire. The late 70's was a long time ago...
                Haha. That's too bad. I haven't heard any of his shows in many years. Maybe a few songs with Bruce & Co would be more like it.

                Comment


                • Los Lobos is playing Nashville on April 29th. Good chance they’re playing the fest.

                  Comment


                  • I'm thinking there is a chance we get Turnkpike Troubadours at Jazz Fest.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      Los Lobos is playing Nashville on April 29th. Good chance they’re playing the fest.
                      And then their next show is in Dallas on May 12th. I hope they play the fairgrounds again but would love to see a Los Lobos & Friends big show at The Saenger or a show at Tips. I cannot remember ever going this long without seeing them. It's been a few years since that great set on the Fais Do Do Stage.

                      Comment


                      • Crazy... I just stumbled into a re-seller website that lists Tedeschi Trucks Band at Jazz Fest on Friday, May 6. Have no idea if this is true or where they might have got that other than possibly extrapolating it from the cancelled October schedule. It would be nice if it were true and even nicer if it were another $50 Locals Friday. (This is only for purposes of discussion, no way am I suggesting this "service" be used.)

                        I do expect the band will be booked and I would think the Allman Betts Band is a likely booking, as well.

                        https://www.ticketnetwork.com/events...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
                        Last edited by chopitulas; 01-11-2022, 10:29 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                          Crazy... I just stumbled into a re-seller website that lists Tedeschi Trucks Band at Jazz Fest on Friday, May 6. Have no idea if this is true or where they might have got that other than possibly extrapolating it from the cancelled October schedule. It would be nice if it were true and even nicer if it were another $50 Locals Friday. (This is only for purposes of discussion, no way am I suggesting this "service" be used.)
                          I saw a similar listing selling tickets for Dead & Co at fest. I doubt the scalpers know any more than the rest of us.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                          Comment


                          • Nothing from Jazz Fest on twitter since October 17.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              Los Lobos is playing Nashville on April 29th. Good chance they’re playing the fest.
                              If it's anything like the show I saw in December, great. Minus the Christmas songs.

                              Comment


                              • Just hope they keep Los Lobos and TTB out of the Blues Tent, that controversial space that could have another strike against it this year as a huge petri dish. Maybe J&J or Pfizer can be a sponsor ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X