2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    Just hope they keep Los Lobos and TTB out of the Blues Tent, that controversial space that could have another strike against it this year as a huge petri dish. Maybe J&J or Pfizer can be a sponsor ?
    I doubt TTB would be in the Blues Tent, probably Acura for them, but I could see Los Lobos being booked into the Blues tent....

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

I doubt TTB would be in the Blues Tent, probably Acura for them, but I could see Los Lobos being booked into the Blues tent....

It's happened before. I think they played the blues tent while Fleetwood Mac was at Acura.

Comment

• TTB has been on the Acura Stage and I don't think they would be put in the Blues Tent at this point. Los Lobos and then TTB, like the upcoming Wheels Of Soul tour, would be nice on the big stage.

And speaking of Derek and Susan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...ISjVpI6C8ZtbO0
        Last edited by chopitulas; 01-12-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
          TTB has been on the Acura Stage and I don't think they would be put in the Blues Tent at this point. Los Lobos and then TTB, like the upcoming Wheels Of Soul tour, would be nice on the big stage.

Agreed, Chop. Thanks for posting this video. Nice!

Comment

• this may be old news, haven't read much here lately but TTB May 6th?
            https://www.ticketnetwork.com/events...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

• I saw that, too. All I can think is they took the schedule from the cancelled October festival and extrapolated it to this time around. Hard to see how some scalper operation would have access to the bookings.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                TTB has been on the Acura Stage and I don't think they would be put in the Blues Tent at this point. Los Lobos and then TTB, like the upcoming Wheels Of Soul tour, would be nice on the big stage.

Thanks ,Another killer Playing for Change, Wow!

Comment

• Haven’t read through all pages so maybe it’s been mentioned, but I’m going to throw out Jack White . Has an opening in his tour during weekend 2 and I doubt he’d skip New Orleans. Hasn’t missed us on a single solo tour yet.

Comment

• Just yesterday, I was killing a litte time on YouTube, and I happened on a clip of a Dan Rather interview with Jack White, and he claimed (and from what I can tell he seemed to be serious) that he had never tried marijuana or other drugs. Rather seemed shocked, but Jack said that when he was young, he decided that there were too many potential problems associated with drugs and so he just never got involved.

(I know very little about JW, but I seem to remember that he has made various false statements in interviews in the past, so of course this could be more of the same)

Comment

• Originally posted by Welkdaddy View Post
                      Haven’t read through all pages so maybe it’s been mentioned, but I’m going to throw out Jack White . Has an opening in his tour during weekend 2 and I doubt he’d skip New Orleans. Hasn’t missed us on a single solo tour yet.
                      Yes sir, already mentioned by me.. I'm still thinking he's likely if that matters

https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...226#post864226

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                        Just yesterday, I was killing a litte time on YouTube, and I happened on a clip of a Dan Rather interview with Jack White, and he claimed (and from what I can tell he seemed to be serious) that he had never tried marijuana or other drugs. Rather seemed shocked, but Jack said that when he was young, he decided that there were too many potential problems associated with drugs and so he just never got involved.

(I know very little about JW, but I seem to remember that he has made various false statements in interviews in the past, so of course this could be more of the same)
                        I was a little stunned reading Springsteen's book about a similar topic: he didn't drink until he was in his mid to late 20s i think it was, maybe even longer ---- the sight of the old man methodically working through the six pack alone at the kitchen table made him re-think alcohol. And drugs to him were just something slowing him down from being a rock and roll star and he just never was interested. Then for a real kicker he admits that for a guy with songs like Thunder Road and Racing in the Street he was taught to drive on a cross country road trip that was also in his mid to early 20s. So he'd probably been able to get a (stick) car into gear for about 3 years by the time he wrote Thunder Road.
                        And to keep on topic I'll say that ol Bruce comes back this spring despite the E street delay referenced elsewhere around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

I was a little stunned reading Springsteen's book about a similar topic: he didn't drink until he was in his mid to late 20s i think it was, maybe even longer ---- the sight of the old man methodically working through the six pack alone at the kitchen table made him re-think alcohol. And drugs to him were just something slowing him down from being a rock and roll star and he just never was interested. Then for a real kicker he admits that for a guy with songs like Thunder Road and Racing in the Street he was taught to drive on a cross country road trip that was also in his mid to early 20s. So he'd probably been able to get a (stick) car into gear for about 3 years by the time he wrote Thunder Road.
                          And to keep on topic I'll say that ol Bruce comes back this spring despite the E street delay referenced elsewhere around here.
                          Bruce does like his tequila though. If he comes back to The Fest this Spring, which at this point I really doubt it will not be with The E Street Band.

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                            Just yesterday, I was killing a litte time on YouTube, and I happened on a clip of a Dan Rather interview with Jack White, and he claimed (and from what I can tell he seemed to be serious) that he had never tried marijuana or other drugs. Rather seemed shocked, but Jack said that when he was young, he decided that there were too many potential problems associated with drugs and so he just never got involved.

Speaking of Dan Rather, have you ever seen a more "lame" music interviewer in your entire life? Obvious he knows next to nothing about his subjects - what a fake and a fraud - unfortunately, like most of the MSM these days......

Comment

• Do alt-rock offerings do enough to bolster attendance in the prized 35-50 demographic to justify the headliner status that some of those acts deserve? Asking for the “what-succession-plan?” Centrum Silver set.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
                                Do alt-rock offerings do enough to bolster attendance in the prized 35-50 demographic to justify the headliner status that some of those acts deserve? Asking for the “what-succession-plan?” Centrum Silver set.
                                Excellent question - as a "Centrum Silver" aged Fester, I am sick to death of the "tribute band era". I believe the Americana lineups offer real hope and creativity, particularly some of the younger configurations. But enjoy and honor the old school performers while you can.....

Comment

Working...
                                X