2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duende View Post
    Do alt-rock offerings do enough to bolster attendance in the prized 35-50 demographic to justify the headliner status that some of those acts deserve? Asking for the “what-succession-plan?” Centrum Silver set.
    Like what bands, there's a difference between what Foo Fighters or say uhm Hinder would offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
      Do alt-rock offerings do enough to bolster attendance in the prized 35-50 demographic to justify the headliner status that some of those acts deserve? Asking for the “what-succession-plan?” Centrum Silver set.
      Depends on the act. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam drew two of the biggest crowds I've seen at Acura, Jack White did fine, and Wilco did real well at Gentilly (and were great). On the other hand, Spoon and the Strokes both laid eggs.

No sign of some alternative acts that you'd think would do very well. St Vincent comes to mind-- Hell, even Macca likes her.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestJester View Post

I believe the Americana lineups offer real hope and creativity, particularly some of the younger configurations. But enjoy and honor the old school performers while you can.....
        If I was able to commit to anything a year out, and was a little more reckless, I’d be all over that Outlaw Country cruise. That’s pretty much where I live musically after the OZ New Orleans Music morning shows (WMOT in particular).

Comment

• Damn, man, would like to meet you - wife and I just signed up for the Outlaw Country Cruise and praying it goes off. Absolutely stellar lineup and cabins still available as of a couple of weeks ago. Let's peel a couple of artists off for Fais Do Do at least. We're going to get past this "gift to the world" from the CCP. And, by the way, let Djokovic play, Mr. Gards. Freedom from fear.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BrettM View Post

Depends on the act. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam drew two of the biggest crowds I've seen at Acura, Jack White did fine, and Wilco did real well at Gentilly (and were great). On the other hand, Spoon and the Strokes both laid eggs.

No sign of some alternative acts that you'd think would do very well. St Vincent comes to mind-- Hell, even Macca likes her.
            I mean Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam are easily 2 of the top 5 biggest alt rock bands in the world, they always draw huge at festivals.

I remember it being kind of weird when Arcade Fire headlined one year, how was the crowd for that?
            Last edited by dmcraig; 01-14-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestJester View Post
              Damn, man, would like to meet you - wife and I just signed up for the Outlaw Country Cruise and praying it goes off. Absolutely stellar lineup and cabins still available as of a couple of weeks ago. Let's peel a couple of artists off for Fais Do Do at least. We're going to get past this "gift to the world" from the CCP. And, by the way, let Djokovic play, Mr. Gards. Freedom from fear.....
              That Outlaw Country Cruise lineup is outstanding. No desire to go on a cruise though. Wish it was just an all day fest somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrettM View Post

Most of those acts seem mainstream to me, not really Alt esp Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam.

Arcade Fire played and had a big crowd. One of the better big acts I've ever seen there.

St Vincent would be great, I've seen here a bunch of times but not sure how she'd do on a big stage with no lighting.

Def hope Jack is back but bought tix to see him in Austin just in case he does not play here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

That Outlaw Country Cruise lineup is outstanding. No desire to go on a cruise though. Wish it was just an all day fest somewhere.
                  Luck Reunion is close enough for me, and I'm really hoping we get to use our tickets this year. There are going to be a few tix up for grabs 1/27.

Comment

• Foo Fighters weekend 1?
                    https://www.stubhub.com/foo-fighters...erformer/7468/

Comment

• Counting Crows are playing a 20+ country tour here in Europe starting in late Feb. (it is anyone's guess if it will actually come off or not, as travel rules and restrictions between various countries are incredibly complex and seemingly change weekly, so staging a major tour must be a logistical nightmare) that ends in Tel Aviv on April 20th, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the Jazzfest lineup.

I was never much of a fan of their music, but back when they were the closing headliner at Voodoo Fest in 2001, they absolutely killed it, and I have been listening to them ever since.

Comment

• I read on Elvis Costello's fan site that he announced on UK radio he will be playing JF.

Comment

• Originally posted by ice nine View Post
                          I read on Elvis Costello's fan site that he announced on UK radio he will be playing JF.
                          He's becoming quite the regular. I'd like to see The Dirty Dozen play with him.

Comment

• FWIW: Alicia Keys - May 6 (so says Google in a search of NO club shows). Apologies if that's already widely known.

Comment

• Originally posted by ice nine View Post
                              I read on Elvis Costello's fan site that he announced on UK radio he will be playing JF.
                              I caught a little of a live YouTube on he did on Saturday from a record store. Played discs and promoted the new album. And announced that he and the Imposters will be at JF in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoColdSoFair View Post
                                FWIW: Alicia Keys - May 6 (so says Google in a search of NO club shows). Apologies if that's already widely known.
                                First I've heard of it, unless I missed it too. Pretty big score and not on the previous rosters as far as I remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X