No announcement yet.

2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't the jazzfest twitter account be posting gifs these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by mateus View Post
      Shouldn't the jazzfest twitter account be posting gifs these days?
      Maybe after they announce the dates and lineup, which is likely to be next week, according to the all-knowing Swag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoColdSoFair View Post
        FWIW: Alicia Keys - May 6 (so says Google in a search of NO club shows). Apologies if that's already widely known.
        Interesting, I never thought of just using Google to sniff out gigs.

Sure enough, when I search "new orleans concerts", it gives a list. Not sure how complete, since the sort seems random, but I do see Alicia Keys listed right near the top. The source seems to be something called salemseats, which looks like another scalper site. But when I click through to that, I don't see any artists mentioned for their Jazzfest tix, and when I search that site for Alicia, I only see dates starting in the summer. So possible, I guess, but seems far from definite.

Google still has the canceled Turkuaz included, and has Bayou Boogaloo on the old dates (5/13-15 instead of current 5/20-22), so it's certainly not 100%.

But FWIW, google for "fair grounds race course concerts in May" shows Alicia, plus Pine Leaf Boys on Apr 29, and Ledisi on May 6.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• This google hit is going to flip someone out for a few seconds:

fair grounds race course concerts in May Led Zeppelin Reunion

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
            This google hit is going to flip someone out for a few seconds:

Yep, the good ol' Blues Tent ought to be pretty well packed for their set, unless of course everyone is over seeing Billy Stings instead...

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
              This google hit is going to flip someone out for a few seconds:

The old rock’n’roll legends “extra day” gambit again, eh? Robert Plant & Alison Krause would like a word out back.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post

The old rock’n’roll legends “extra day” gambit again, eh? Robert Plant & Alison Krause would like a word out back.
                Well that would pretty much guarantee that Bon Jovi and Lionel Richie will be in the line-up. Papa needs a back-up plan.

Comment

• And, just like that, the BlackBerry Smoke European tour is tentatively rescheduled to 2023. We’re 1 month into 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
                    And, just like that, the BlackBerry Smoke European tour is tentatively rescheduled to 2023. We’re 1 month into 2022.
                    Yep I was reading about that before.

Bloody hard to plan anything at the moment.

I can assure you of that.

Comment

• Well, Jazzfest Twitter started up again tonight so I'm hoping for the line-up announcement Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchells101 View Post
                        Well, Jazzfest Twitter started up again tonight so I'm hoping for the line-up announcement Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
                        That would be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

That would be good.
                          It would but it didn't.

https://twitter.com/jazzfest

Comment

• Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

It would but it didn't.

https://twitter.com/jazzfest
                            Click on “Tweets and Replies”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wombat View Post

Click on “Tweets and Replies”.
                              Yup, here's one.
                              https://twitter.com/jazzfest/status/...570136576?s=20
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BrettM View Post

Depends on the act. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam drew two of the biggest crowds I've seen at Acura, Jack White did fine, and Wilco did real well at Gentilly (and were great).
                                I know that for their past 2 Jazzfest appearances, Wilco has played at the Gentilly Stage, but I am virtually certain that they have played the Acura Stage as well, maybe 15 or so years back...?

Comment

Working...
                                X