No announcement yet.

2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Morrison just cancelled his shows scheduled for mid-February in Florida and rescheduled them for late April---I am guessing that he will again be on the Jazzfest lineup, I don't think Quint cares one way or the other about Van's decrying of lockdowns or complaining about live music performances being forbidden in Northern Ireland or other Thought Crimes so many here were whinging about...
    Last edited by MormonMatthew; 01-19-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
      Van Morrison just cancelled his shows scheduled for mid-February in Florida and rescheduled them for late April---I am guessing that he will again be on the Jazzfest lineup, I don't think Quint cares one way or the other about Van's thoughts about lockdowns or live shows being forbidden.
      Nor do I. Bring on Van !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Nor do I. Bring on Van !!
        I have a self-imposed rule that I almost always can adhere to. It essentially just has me keeping my mouth shut with respect to other folks musical tastes. It is difficult sometimes but we all have such varied and personal tastes when it comes to our love for music and musicians and more importantly it is a personal thing. I am generally pretty good at adhering to that respect for others, but have you been at any of Van's shows in the last few years? Man, how dreary. Quite some time ago it was "hit or miss" and you took your chances, willingly, but I just got worn out. The "misses" took over. Who knows though. What with the covid thing having sit down the industry for so long perhaps even those performers who became stale and boring will show some renewed vigor? Something to hope for I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

I have a self-imposed rule that I almost always can adhere to. It essentially just has me keeping my mouth shut with respect to other folks musical tastes. It is difficult sometimes but we all have such varied and personal tastes when it comes to our love for music and musicians and more importantly it is a personal thing. I am generally pretty good at adhering to that respect for others, but have you been at any of Van's shows in the last few years? Man, how dreary. Quite some time ago it was "hit or miss" and you took your chances, willingly, but I just got worn out. The "misses" took over. Who knows though. What with the covid thing having sit down the industry for so long perhaps even those performers who became stale and boring will show some renewed vigor? Something to hope for I suppose.

Van tends to deliver at the Fest in a way he doesn't always do normally. Shortly after Katrina he did a version of "And the Healing Has Begun" that was riveting.

Comment

• Music Lineup Announcement Tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1483851275259289600

https://twitter.com/jazzfest/status/1483851275259289600
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Since moving over here back in Nov. 2015, I have seen Van play live a total of 8 times, (in 5 different countries if you include Jazzfest) and candidly, 2 of those were among the worst nights of live music I have EVER endured, plodding, joyless, leaden, perfunctory and completely devoid of soul, a truly shameful lack of effort on his part (and one of these nights was at an outdoor stage literally in the shadow of Cologne's stunning Kolner Dom cathederal, one of the most amazingly inspirational venues I have ever been to, a truly magical setting for a show, yet still he was beyond apathetic) 4 have been overall solid if unspactacular, with some glimpses of brilliance sprinkled among the more mundane moments, and 1 was absolutely sublime, a real high-water mark for my recent live music experiences.

All of these have been shows that required flights + hotels, and the average ticket prices have been around 60-70 Euro each, (which is about 80 U$D), these were not inexpensive outings, so yeah, the "Hit to Miss" ratio is currently not so great---Still, hope springs eternal, and since Ania has never seen Van play before, we are going to see him in Madrid in late March, I guess even if he isn't feeling it that night, I think that drinking a little cava and having a few tapas in the springtime Spanish sunshine doesn't sound too bad...
              Last edited by MormonMatthew; 01-19-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• If it hasn't been mentioned, the Avett Brothers tour schedule puts them in the area around Jazz Fest time.

Comment

• I saw Van surprisingly for the first time a couple of years ago at The Fest. There was nothing wrong with his set but he sounded nothing like the early 70s live Van shows that I still love listening to. No real desire to ever see him again.
                  Last edited by jjazznj; 01-19-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• YAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

YAY!
                      Here we go! A week before expected!

Comment

• Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

Now we’re talking!!

Comment

• Just saw an announcement from the Mavericks that they are playing the Civic on April 8th - so that would seem to leave a fairgrounds appearance out - which is cool cause I wasn't a fan of them being at Fais-Do-Do the last couple of times

Comment

• I have seen Van the last 2 times at fest and I thought both sets were awesome. If you haven’t seen him and you like his music it’s awesome IMO.

Comment

• I predict I will be excited tomorrow with a low probability of productivity at work after the announcement

Comment

Working...
                                X