2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
    Nicholas Payton, please use the band from your latest excellent recording (Smoke Sessions), featuring Ron Carter and George Coleman.
    He rarely plays straight jazz at the fest or in town for that matter. I saw him play earlier this year in a band at The Ace and he just played bass, no trumpet, no keys.

Before the pandemic hit he was scheduled to play a few gigs in Chicago with a reunion of his awesome 90s quintet but that was unfortunately cancelled like a lot of things were. I was considering flying up to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchells101 View Post

Really hoping for Neil and Crazy Horse.....
      Seriously.

No need though for the Head Parrotthead, The Who would be cool.

Comment

Molly Tuttle. Did I let slip she's playing Carnegie Hall with Bela's "My Bluegrass Heart"? Oops, it was supposed to be a secret....

Comment

I'm so EXCITED for 2022 Jazz Fest! Keep the rumors flowing...I can almost taste that Crawfish Monica and frozen coffee. The Who would be worth the trip alone for me. Missed my chance to see that era of hard rock in its day - better late than never. Touring in 2022 I'd be thrilled to see any of these artists as well: Billie Eilish, Black Eyed Peas, YES, Kings of Leon, Beck, Alicia Keyes, ZZ Top, Counting Crows, Roger Waters, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Genesis, Elton John, Chris Stapleton, Snow Patrol, Journey, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blondie, KISS, Pearl Jam, Snoop Dogg, Pat Metheny, Scorpions, The Robert Cray Band, Ozzy Osbourne, George Thorogood, and Simple Minds. 2020/2021 artists I'd like to see rescheduled: Rickie Lee Jones, Foo Fighters, Maggie Rogers, Nile Rodgers & CHIC, Jimmy Cliff, Brittany Howard, and Lizzo. I could pass on 2020/2021 performers ('cause I've seen 'em) Lenny Kravitz, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, The Black Crowes, Lionel Richie, Dead & Company, Wu-Tang Clan. Fortunate to have caught Ellis Marsalis back at JF50th and his gig at Snug Harbour backed on drums with his son Jason Marsalis - a truly memorable experience. Oh, let's not forget bringing back the Stones with an added "local Wednesday" date added on! A previous poster mentioned Neil Young and Crazy Horse with a new album, always an amazing show.
          Last edited by JazzFest50th; 11-18-2021, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Elvis Costello sounds like he has thankfully returned to good health, as he just wrapped up a 20+ show tour of the U.S. in (pre)support of his new album "The Boy Named If" which will be officially released in Jan. 2022, so seeing his name on the Jazzfest lineup would not be too unexpected...

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Remember Jazzfest is a week later than usual; second weekend 2022 ends Sunday May 8.
              Swag,
              I don't ever remember Fest being over Mother's Day weekend, (May 8 is Mother's Day). Do you know if or when this has happened in the past?

We think there will be a 2022 Fest and agree with you -anyone who was scheduled will be invited back, but hopefully folks not touring will open spots for some local bands that have been 'left out' the last couple of years.
              I do know that Bonnie Raitt is touring in the spring, and I hear rumors of Springsteen and Santana touring as well... any of which wouldn't suck.

Comment

Hoping for Egg Yolk Jubilee and Jamie Lynn Vessels. Everything else is gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                  Elvis Costello sounds like he has thankfully returned to good health, as he just wrapped up a 20+ show tour of the U.S. in (pre)support of his new album "The Boy Named If" which will be officially released in Jan. 2022, so seeing his name on the Jazzfest lineup would not be too unexpected...
                  I am listening to a song off his new Album being played on Off The Record right now and it sounds good and somewhat retro

Comment

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Holy crap, record of the year just dropped! Listen to the swamp-ititude!

Last edited by Meters Fan; 11-20-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Maybe Fairgrounds or Telluride in 2022.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss 2022 Tour (Tickets are available here)

Jun 01 – Canandaigua, NY – CMAC
                      Jun 03 – Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
                      Jun 04 – Forest Hills, NY – Forest Hills Stadium
                      Jun 06 – Clarkston, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
                      Jun 07 – Chicago, IL – Jay Pritzker Pavilion
                      Jun 09 – Indianapolis, IN – TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park
                      Jun 11 – Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion
                      Jun 12 – Philadelphia, PA – TD Pavilion @ The Mann
                      Jun 14 – Cary, NC – Koka Booth Amphitheatre
                      Jun 16 – Atlanta, GA – Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park
                      Jun 26 – London, UK – BST Hyde Park
                      Jul 01 – Hamar, NO – Tjuvholmen Arena
                      Jul 02 – Bergen, NO – Bergenhus Fortress
                      Jul 05 – Rättvik, SE – Dalhalla
                      Jul 14 – Lucca, IT – Lucca Summer Festival – Piazza Napoleone
                      Jul 16 – Stuttgart, DE – JazzOpen Stuttgart 2022
                      Jul 18 – Sopot, PL – Opera Lesna
                      Jul 20 – Berlin, DE – Zitadelle

Comment

Originally posted by Meters Fan View Post
                        Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Holy crap, record of the year just dropped! Listen to the swamp-ititude!

that was a hoot! Duane Eddy, James Burton & JD McPherson - that touring band would sell out immediately!

Comment

Spine tingling.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post

that was a hoot! Duane Eddy, James Burton & JD McPherson - that touring band would sell out immediately!

Wow! I would go see those three in a heartbeat. No Alison & Robert needed--they would just be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post

Swag,
                              I don't ever remember Fest being over Mother's Day weekend, (May 8 is Mother's Day). Do you know if or when this has happened in the past?

We think there will be a 2022 Fest and agree with you -anyone who was scheduled will be invited back, but hopefully folks not touring will open spots for some local bands that have been 'left out' the last couple of years.
                              I do know that Bonnie Raitt is touring in the spring, and I hear rumors of Springsteen and Santana touring as well... any of which wouldn't suck.
                              Most recently in 2011, when a very late Easter occupied what would have been 1st weekend. (the next time that happens is 2038).
                              http://jazzfest.swagland.com/cubes/2011/20110508.html

Fest on Mothers Day also happened in 1983. Not sure of the reason for that one.
                              http://jazzfest.swagland.com/cubes/1983/day05.html
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Most recently in 2011, when a very late Easter occupied what would have been 1st weekend. (the next time that happens is 2038).
                                http://jazzfest.swagland.com/cubes/2011/20110508.html
                                I guess the Stones will finally play fest in '38. Or rather Keith & The Holograms. But it will probably be in the hideous Blues Tent.

Comment

Working...
                                X