Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

    I'd love to see Joe, Nick or Dave Edmunds who I hear is now retired.

    Or Graham Parker, who's less famous but always terrific. He usually plays solo so he'd be perfect at Lagniappe. Besides, I think Bob Andrews from the Rumour still lives in NO.
    Last edited by BrettM; 11-30-2021, 11:05 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Foo Fighters tour starts on 5/16, so I guess they're available. 2nd weekend makes more sense, although still a full week after that before their tour begins up in Pittsburgh.

      Comment


      • #48
        I just saw that Brian Wilson and Al Jardine of the Beach Boys are launching a joint, co-headlining tour with Chicago, starting in early June, so I suppose they are a possibility.

        Less than zero interest in either act for me personally, but I recall that there are some Threadhead fans of the Beach Boys...

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by swag View Post

          Cross him off your fest list, the tour comes to NOLA on June 17 @ the Civic.
          Presale is Thursday, December 2nd @ 10am (password is SING2022)
          My email said it's today:
          The fan pre sale (Ie you if you are on this mailing list) for these dates will start on Wednesday December 1st @ 10am all local times.

          The password is: SINNERS2022 (except for BOSTON which is SINNERS)
          I know Festngator is a big fan. If it wasn't a sit down show he'd probably start a mosh pit.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

            My email said it's today
            Good info, what I posted was the venue presale. Artist presale wins.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by BrettM View Post


              Or Graham Parker, who's less famous but always terrific. He usually plays solo so he'd be perfect at Lagniappe. Besides, I think Bob Andrews from the Rumour still lives in NO.
              Wikipedia says Bob is in New Mexico now. His partner posted here back in the day and I believe he's been to a Patry or two. I believe he also got a Threadhead Foundation grant for one of his albums.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                I just saw that Brian Wilson and Al Jardine of the Beach Boys are launching a joint, co-headlining tour with Chicago, starting in early June, so I suppose they are a possibility.

                Less than zero interest in either act for me personally, but I recall that there are some Threadhead fans of the Beach Boys...
                The Brian-less Beach Boys will probably be playing-- They were set to headline first day of both cancelled Fests.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Tenacious D are playing Telluride Bluegrass... does that mean they are possible for Jazz Fest now LOL

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                    Speaking of legendary, groundbreaking artists who "Still got it...", and have steadfastly maintained their creative integrity over the years, gracefully aging virtuosos, (and not just long forgotten old, elderly relics embarrassingly trying to cling to past faded glories) who are clearly only still playing to satisfy their pure, insatiable, undying love of the music, and are most certainly NOT simply greedily cashing in on nostalgia in a pathetic, naked, obscene, even demeaning cash grab, New Kids On The Block, Salt-N-Pepa, En Vouge and Rick Astley are kicking off their joint "Mix Tape" tour in beautiful Cincinnati, OH on May 10th, so hopefully the week before they can all get the Fairgrounds up and rockin' as a warm-up gig for their big upcoming campaign.

                    Girl You Know It's True!!!
                    "Blame it on the Rain!"

                    (The JF cover tune you didn't know you wanted to hear)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Garth Brooks' stadium tour is hitting Baton Rouge during the fest on 4/30, so he will not be the big country artist at fest (and will likely be drawing country fans away from Nola that first saturday).
                      I also saw Santana announced a tour ending in mid April before his Vegas residency re-starts a month later. Would certainly be able to squeeze a fest visit in between those two.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Rod Stewart
                        Pearl Jam
                        Foo Fighters
                        Robert Plant & Allison Krauss
                        Jack White

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Trey Anastasio Band is playing Sweetwater Fest in Atlanta April 29-May 1. It's the only thing announced. I would imagine some night shows at NOLA or a second weekend at Jazz Fest would seem to be in order.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by innertube View Post
                            Jack White
                            Looks like Jack has a few open dates during Jazz Fest

                            No shows booked for the entire second weekend

                            https://consequence.net/2021/12/jack-white-2022-tour/

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by dmcraig View Post

                              Looks like Jack has a few open dates during Jazz Fest

                              No shows booked for the entire second weekend

                              https://consequence.net/2021/12/jack-white-2022-tour/
                              I hope you're right.
                              Last time we went to see him, I slipped on a wet, black marble floor at the venue, broke my knee (plateau fracture of the tibia) and missed the entire show.
                              I was almost sadder about missing the show than the gimpy knee....

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

                                I hope you're right.
                                Last time we went to see him, I slipped on a wet, black marble floor at the venue, broke my knee (plateau fracture of the tibia) and missed the entire show.
                                I was almost sadder about missing the show than the gimpy knee....
                                He has an open date on 4/30, the first Friday

                                and no dates the entire second weekend

                                I can only say for sure: "We'll see"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X