• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmcraig View Post

He has an open date on 4/30, the first Friday

and no dates the entire second weekend

I can only say for sure: "We'll see"
    On the rest of his tour, I don't see where he plays more than 3 consecutive nights. Squeezing in 1st Friday would make 6 in a row. So that seems unlikely; if he plays, 2nd weekend seems much more probable.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

On the rest of his tour, I don't see where he plays more than 3 consecutive nights. Squeezing in 1st Friday would make 6 in a row. So that seems unlikely; if he plays, 2nd weekend seems much more probable.
      I agree for the most part, week 2 makes ways more sense I just thought having a Friday date off and him playing a close distance for Jazz Fest.. it was at least worth mentioning
      Last edited by dmcraig; 12-10-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Looks like Jack has a few open dates during Jazz Fest

No shows booked for the entire second weekend

https://consequence.net/2021/12/jack-white-2022-tour/
        I too hope he plays. His last fest set was one of the best big name sets I've seen in years. His set with The Raconteurs at The Fillmore here in town a few months before the pandemic was one of the better rock shows I've seen here in a while. I've seen him in most or all of his different bands, he always delivers the goods.

Comment

Jack White methinks

Comment

Little Feat are doing a Waiting for Columbus anniversary tour. They'll be between dates in Charlotte and Asheville, so they're almost certain.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettM View Post
              Little Feat are doing a Waiting for Columbus anniversary tour. They'll be between dates in Charlotte and Asheville, so they're almost certain.
              That tour comes to the Saenger March 25.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Just got tickets for this in August. Should be a hoot.

Comment

I grew up on and still love (70s) Little Feat but the last time they played The Fest they were downright awful. I hope they were just having a bad day. I have seen various members playing in other bands (like with Anders) and they were very good but at The Fest they jut seemed out of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I grew up on and still love (70s) Little Feat but the last time they played The Fest they were downright awful. I hope they were just having a bad day. I have seen various members playing in other bands (like with Anders) and they were very good but at The Fest they jut seemed out of gas.
                    Agreed that show was very hard to watch and listen to, and we did not last long at it.

A respected and known to be fair in his critiques, music writer/ publisher and radio presenter that I know thought exactly the same

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Agreed that show was very hard to watch and listen to, and we did not last long at it.

A respected and known to be fair in his critiques, music writer/ publisher and radio presenter that I know thought exactly the same
                      Yeah, they sucked. And didn't they lose a key member since that show ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Yeah, they sucked. And didn't they lose a key member since that show ?
                        They lost Paul Barrere, an original member and one of the band's key ingredients. I agree that the Fest Feat show to which everyone is referring here was bad, the only bad Feat show I've ever seen, although others were fairly close. No one I know who attended said otherwise. I thank LF however for sending me wandering over to Yvette Landry's swamp pop spectacular at Faux Do Do.

Comment

Hard to bring a re-vamped Feat back to Fest when one of the best bands (the best?) out there playing those tunes is the New Orleans Suspects. But getting that little detail outta the way, the new Little Feat sounds very good in the studio with new slide & vocals member Scott Sharrard from Greg Allman's band. I doubt that Amy Helm & Catherine Russell will both be out with the band for the Columbus tour but that would be icing on a pretty nice cake... hoy, hoy.

Comment

Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams are touring together this year and have a gap in their schedule between 4/30-5/20. I suspect they each show up second weekend. Let the Bonnie Raitt posting begin!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                              Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams are touring together this year and have a gap in their schedule between 4/30-5/20. I suspect they each show up second weekend. Let the Bonnie Raitt posting begin!!!!
                              I believe Bonnie has dates in Nola next November for whatever that is worth

Comment

I believe Bonnie has dates in Nola next November for whatever that is worth
                                That wouldn't rule her/them out for a Fest performance. A lot of these tours seem to be skipping New Orleans, so hoping some make a stop at the Fairgrounds come Spring. You hear me, Jack White ?

Comment

Working...
                                X