2022 Lineup Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

That wouldn't rule her/them out for a Fest performance. A lot of these tours seem to be skipping New Orleans, so hoping some make a stop at the Fairgrounds come Spring. You hear me, Jack White ?
    I'm not ruling her out, I'm just making a note of what I read..

Comment

That wouldn't rule her/them out for a Fest performance. A lot of these tours seem to be skipping New Orleans, so hoping some make a stop at the Fairgrounds come Spring. You hear me, Jack White ?
      Since I bought tickets yesterday to see JW in Phoenix, I can pretty much guarantee he will be at JF.....

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
        Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams are touring together this year and have a gap in their schedule between 4/30-5/20. I suspect they each show up second weekend. Let the Bonnie Raitt posting begin!!!!
        Bonnie also has a few shows with NRBQ earlier in the year ... Who knows which other artists would accompany her to a JF date.

Comment

Oddly enough, I just saw Bonnie's old keyboard player at Robert's making groceries. I should have asked him.

Comment

Will Genesis still be touring?

Comment

Originally posted by ice nine View Post
              Will Genesis still be touring?
              They just played what is probably thier last ever show in the US a few days ago in Boston. A few shows in Europe next year and that will probably be the end. I would give my lefticle to see them again, even at Fest without the lights and video. One of the GREAT live bands !!

Comment

They just played what is probably thier last ever show in the US a few days ago in Boston.

It was actually last night (second of two nights, I saw the first). A bittersweet show, to say the least. They were giving away tickets for the second night...I had one but went to see Los Lobos instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettM View Post

It was actually last night (second of two nights, I saw the first). A bittersweet show, to say the least. They were giving away tickets for the second night...I had one but went to see Los Lobos instead.
                  That is a somewhat lukewarm review. Are you suggesting that Marignygregg should reconsider and skip the surgery?

Comment

Genesis- Great band from Nursery Crimes-Lamb Lies Down with Gabriel through Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering with Phil. Not so much after that to me. i did love playing extended jam version of ABACAB back in the day with over the top Mini-Moog solo...but I digress ......and drift..........

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

That is a somewhat lukewarm review. Are you suggesting that Marignygregg should reconsider and skip the surgery?
                      Genesis is a longtime favorite of mine, and I'm glad they did this tour. But it loses a lot with Phil Collins unable to play drums, and you always hate to see musicians you love in not-great physical shape.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
                        Genesis- Great band from Nursery Crimes-Lamb Lies Down with Gabriel through Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering with Phil. Not so much after that to me. i did love playing extended jam version of ABACAB back in the day with over the top Mini-Moog solo...but I digress ......and drift..........
                        I couldn't agree more. They lost me when Peter and then Steve Hackett left. I actually tried listening to "And Then There Were Three" recently and still hated it.

Comment

Wise choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Wise choice.

Lobos closed their set with "I Got Loaded" and "Bertha." No clearer sign of a great night.

Comment

Los Lobos has re-rescheduled a quick European tour that includes stops in Antwerp, Brugge, Brussels and Amsterdam for late March/early April that I originally had tickets to all the way back in 2020 (they first rescheduled the shows for this Spring, but obviously that never happened so I eventually decided to get a refund) so if it actually takes place (with the incredibly complex and constantly changing rules regarding travel between EU countries I am not holding my breath, planning a multi-counrty trip in Europe right now is a fool's errand) Los Lobos will be the 1st American band I have seen since Wilco in Warsaw back in Sept. 2019...

Comment

Damn. I would have loved to have seen them and contemplated a trip to Chicago, as they passed by New Orleans, as many bands seem to be doing these days. Yeah, Phil is not in top form, to say the least and they are dropping the key to some of the songs on his behalf. That being said, Genesis is one of the all-time great live bands ( not too many bands can fill a football stadium !!! ) and I would have enjoyed myself. His son kicks major ass on drums, btw. Banks and Rutherford are on thier game and Daryl Stuemer has been with them since Hackett left and has monster chops.
                                Last edited by Marignygregg; 12-17-2021, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X