Beware of George Carrero on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of George Carrero on Facebook

Beware of George Carrero, the admin of the New Orleans Jazz Festival Posters Facebook group. I purchased a 2018 numbered poster from him for the shipped price of $187.95. My fault for not checking the price on art4now, which has it shipped for $125. I posted a reply to the group that I was disappointed to learn that I could have purchased it at art4now for so much less. Well, he blocked me from the group ! and I had other purchases in the works and now can no longer communicate with the sellers regarding this. Beware. I will post in the Threadheads group about this too and on the no jazz fest message boards. ‍♂️

Originally posted by soonerfanatic View Post
    My fault for not checking the price on art4now. ‍♂️
    Okee doke.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerfanatic View Post
      Beware of George Carrero, the admin of the New Orleans Jazz Festival Posters Facebook group. I purchased a 2018 numbered poster from him for the shipped price of $187.95. My fault for not checking the price on art4now, which has it shipped for $125. I posted a reply to the group that I was disappointed to learn that I could have purchased it at art4now for so much less. Well, he blocked me from the group ! and I had other purchases in the works and now can no longer communicate with the sellers regarding this. Beware. I will post in the Threadheads group about this too and on the no jazz fest message boards. ‍♂️
      Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I must admit that I am suspicious of anyone who is on Facebook/mega or whatever they call themselves now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
          I must admit that I am suspicious of anyone who is on Facebook/mega or whatever they call themselves now.
          i am there.

Comment

Whatever happened to Caveat emptor? Simple principal. I'm sure there's plenty of threadheads who have overpaid for tickets to a show, they don't go back and blast the seller. Childish of you. (besides foolish for not shopping around). No sympathy here .

Comment

Originally posted by vegas View Post
              Whatever happened to Caveat emptor? Simple principal. I'm sure there's plenty of threadheads who have overpaid for tickets to a show, they don't go back and blast the seller.

As they should have done, since a lot of search engines are set up to send you to a legit-looking but inflated resale site when tickets are still available at face value. Lots of people get hosed once or twice before they learn the lesson.

In this case though, it sounds like one guy sold something for $50 above the going value. He's not by any means obliged to refund the difference, but it would be a decent thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by vegas View Post
                Whatever happened to Caveat emptor? Simple principal. I'm sure there's plenty of threadheads who have overpaid for tickets to a show, they don't go back and blast the seller. Childish of you. (besides foolish for not shopping around). No sympathy here .
                Agree.

Comment

Paying too much, as you say in your post, "my fault".

Banning you from the group is a different issue. If your post was rude or violated whatever the norms are for that group, I can see it, but if he just didn't like a comment on a for-sale post that I assume he made not as a group admin but as a member, then yeah, he's a schmuck.
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Looks like someone charged over the odds and got called out for it, serves them right.

Comment

Looks like someone charged over the odds and got called out for it, serves them right.
                      Maybe George is Mluke ??

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Maybe George is Mluke ??
                        That infamous Scalper

Comment

You kids are making me smile

Comment

That infamous Scalper
                            And Narcissistic Transplant who didn't know where Treme was. He was entertaining at times.

Comment

Working...
                            X