Louisiana Thanksgiving trads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana Thanksgiving trads?

I know the good folks have some seriously local traditions to celebrate thanksgiving. Do people stuff a turkey with crawfish and corncobs? Lets hear it.

Opening Day at the Fairgrounds Racetrack.

Comment

Originally posted by hercules9273 View Post
      Yep make sure that you wear a hat.

I greatly enjoyed the Opening Day races 2 years ago, although the lines to get a beer early doors we agonizingly long.

And I did not have a decent collect during the day.

Comment

There's always the Turducken.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hercules9273 View Post
          There is a new, cruelty free (at least to horses) "tradition"--The Human Horse Races
          The 2nd Annual Human Horse Races will take place on Nov 25th, 2021 from 12 – 4 P.M. at Easton Park. Entry is completely free. Live music is provided and beverages are available. Purchase betting tokens to place donation bets on the horse you think will win the following round. Winners receive small prize packages, and an entry for a chance to win a mega-prize! All donations benefit local animal & wildlife rescue initiatives.

Comment

No crawfish but Oyster or Shrimp Dressing /Stuffing are very popular. I'm making both in a few hours. This Thanksgiving is going to be all about Drew!

Comment

Originally posted by belyin View Post

There is a new, cruelty free (at least to horses) "tradition"--The Human Horse Races
              Do they test for PEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by Meters Fan View Post

Do they test for PEDs?
                Compulsory

Comment

Fighting over who gets the ham bone for next week's red beans and who gets the turkey carcass for gumbo

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
                    Fighting over who gets the ham bone for next week's red beans and who gets the turkey carcass for gumbo
                    Great reply. So true So true.

You would mention red beans......now I can't wait for Monday.

Comment

The Human Horse Races were tremendous fun and the event was spectacularly successful. We followed it up with a community Thanksgiving dinner, capping off a wonderful day.

https://www.nola.com/multimedia/phot...4974a3ef3.html

Comment

Working...
                      X