Odds of 2022 Jazz Fest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds of 2022 Jazz Fest ?

Was feeling optimistic, but could this new Covid variant out of South Africa be taking aim at Fest 2022. Timing is everything. Vax up people !!

As a wise man once said, it's deja vu all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
      As a wise man once said, it's deja vu all over again.
      What he was trying to say is that the place is so crowded that nobody goes there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Was feeling optimistic, but could this new Covid variant out of South Africa be taking aim at Fest 2022. Timing is everything. Vax up people !!
        Omicron it is....

"I Got A Name"

Like the pine trees lining the winding road
        I got a name, I got a name
        Like the singing bird and the croaking toad
        I got a name, I got a name

Moving me down the highway
        Rolling me down the highway

Comment

Bravo to Louisiana! You must really want those events to return in 2022.

Currently at 49% fully vaccinated, and projected to reach 70% sometime in 2023.

Just kidding about that 2nd part. LA is Never going to achieve 70% vaccinated.

I'm still amazed that y'all elected a Democratic Governor.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
            Bravo to Louisiana! You must really want those events to return in 2022.

Currently at 49% fully vaccinated, and projected to reach 70% sometime in 2023.

Just kidding about that 2nd part. LA is Never going to achieve 70% vaccinated.

I'm still amazed that y'all elected a Democratic Governor.
            Edwards is barely a Democratic Governor. To start he is pro-life aka anti-abortion.

63.2 of New Orleans residents are fully vaxed, 72.6 have had at least one dose. Take New Orleans away from the rest of the state which is at 48.7 and the vaxed numbers are very low.

Comment

The vax rates in Louisiana and the entire USA are pathetic and extremely worrying.

They reflect very badly on the USA as a whole and obviously indicate that people believe far too much bullshit.

But then when you read survey results that say many people still think that the US election of a year ago was rigged it explains things a bit.
              And it is very sad.

Down here in my home state of Victoria we have a population of about 6.7 million and we have a vax rate of 90% for people aged over 12 and that rate is about 86% Nationally.

This is despite a pathetic and very slow rate of vaccine procurement and roll out, now known as stroll out, due to us having a Trump like lying fuckwit as a Prime Minister, who once said that the " Vaccine roll out is not a race". He now claims that this is not what he meant.

The big difference with the vax rate levels between here and the USA is that both sides of Politics knew the obvious need and benefit of getting people jabbed and worked together as much as possible to get it done.

And we have had very few Republican like morons in State or Federal Parliaments decrying the need to get jabbed, or joining with the freedumbs moaning about compulsory vaccinations in certain industries to keep them and others safe.

In the USA on the other hand. The actions of the likes of Jazzy Jeff Landry, Frostbite Abbott and Rugged Ronnie Desantis speak for themselves and they have blood on their hands as do the freedumbs and the rest who will not get vaccinated to help the common good.

Who knows when it will end?

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                This is despite a pathetic and very slow rate of vaccine procurement and roll out, now known as stroll out, due to us having a Trump like lying fuckwit as a Prime Minister, who once said that the " Vaccine roll out is not a race". He now claims that this is not what he meant.

The big difference with the vax rate levels between here and the USA is that both sides of Politics knew the obvious need and benefit of getting people jabbed and worked together as much as possible to get it done.

And we have had very few Republican like morons in State or Federal Parliaments decrying the need to get jabbed, or joining with the freedumbs moaning about compulsory vaccinations in certain industries to keep them and others safe.
                We are the slowest State and even we're at just over 75% of 12+ double jabbed. More Marky Mark vaccine mandates are kicking in which I imagine will drive the numbers up...alas we have some family members who have proclaimed they'll join the mob quitting their jobs rather than protecting their families/getting vaccinated. Sigh. Freedumbs indeed.

In other news, we had a few days in Tassie last week (for Ken's 75th). Travelling was easy as pie and safe as houses. Entry passes and entry checks all done without a hitch. Helped it was from one virus free State to another, but was still a treat to get on a plane with the Wildcats and have lunch somewhere different!

Cheers to Mama Gards.

Comment

Be sure to get your booster shot.

See ya at the Fairgrounds for JF 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post

We are the slowest State and even we're at just over 75% of 12+ double jabbed. More Marky Mark vaccine mandates are kicking in which I imagine will drive the numbers up...alas we have some family members who have proclaimed they'll join the mob quitting their jobs rather than protecting their families/getting vaccinated. Sigh. Freedumbs indeed.

In other news, we had a few days in Tassie last week (for Ken's 75th). Travelling was easy as pie and safe as houses. Entry passes and entry checks all done without a hitch. Helped it was from one virus free State to another, but was still a treat to get on a plane with the Wildcats and have lunch somewhere different!

Cheers to Mama Gards.
                    Cheers Indeed

I am glad to hear that you got to escape a little bit.

And that it worked smoothly.

People adhering to sensible regulations for the betterment of everyone.

Shit who would have thought.

Please wish Ken a belated Happy Birthday for me.

Mamma Gards was able to come home for her 93rd Birthday which was on Nov 20, and thankfully she is still going very well.
                    And if our current easing of restrictions due to our high vax rate remains she can now do so as often as she likes.
                    She despairs about the behaviour of Slowmo and related Republican types everywhere in the World..
                    And like me she also wonders when it will end.

Comment

Amen Gards, thanks for an outside the USA view of things. And to any “vaccine hesitant”, “free thinking” cheeseheads —> FOAD, you’re ruining the planet for the rest of us, you’re like selfish CFWs. End of rant, carry on then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Cheers Indeed

I am glad to hear that you got to escape a little bit.

And that it worked smoothly.

People adhering to sensible regulations for the betterment of everyone.

Shit who would have thought.

Please wish Ken a belated Happy Birthday for me.

Mamma Gards was able to come home for her 93rd Birthday which was on Nov 20, and thankfully she is still going very well.
                        And if our current easing of restrictions due to our high vax rate remains she can now do so as often as she likes.
                        She despairs about the behaviour of Slowmo and related Republican types everywhere in the World..
                        And like me she also wonders when it will end.
                        Happy Belated to both Ken and Mamma Gards!.

Gards,
                        We're glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well!

Comment

Gards- Kris and I were just talking about you about an hour ago when we were playing pub trivia - the question was something about what food do Australians call a “mystery bag”. We wrote down hot dog, the answer was sausage, but it was all ok because we came in third place.

glad to hear Mama Gards is well. As you know I got to spend some time with your lovely other half last month.

I’m remaining optimistic and hope to see you all at jazz fest 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                            Gards- Kris and I were just talking about you about an hour ago when we were playing pub trivia - the question was something about what food do Australians call a “mystery bag”. We wrote down hot dog, the answer was sausage, but it was all ok because we came in third place.

glad to hear Mama Gards is well. As you know I got to spend some time with your lovely other half last month.

I’m remaining optimistic and hope to see you all at jazz fest 2022.
                            Howdy.

Good to hear from you and I trust that you guys are doing OK

Mystery Bag for Sausage or Hot Dog is good for me, especially Lucky Dog.

The is some Krewe doing Trivia at BMacs as we speak.

I certainly hope to see everyone at Fest and obviously I will be there if border rules allow it.

At the moment a few friends of mine that are meant to be coming to our little celebration from down here are a little bit reticent to commit for obvious reasons.

With luck it will all work out

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post

Happy Belated to both Ken and Mamma Gards!.

Gards,
                              We're glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well!
                              Cool Nancy thanks.

Trust that you guys are doing fine

Comment

Working...
                              X