Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odds of 2022 Jazz Fest ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
    Hopefully it's a vaccinated only event since some of it is quasi indoors? Show your card to get in?
    1) Simply Vaxxed? (2x pfizer, 2x moderna, 1x J&J)

    2) Or should attendees be required to show proof of receiving a booster as well? (+1 pfizer, +1 moderna)

    3) Or, vaxxed + boostered, and you need to show proof of a negative PCR within 48 hours of Fest?

    I am OK with 3), but others may think it is too much of an imposition...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by dmcraig View Post

      Hopefully people get their shit together so we can eradicate this thing by then
      Keep dreaming.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by mitchells101 View Post
        Just back from the UK and Portugal and our US system is miles behind. Everyone over there has a vaccine app with a QR code that matches the vaccine record to the individual. Many places we went had a QR reader so the vaccine review process took a second. Having this info on a small card is just dumb and inefficient.
        Vaccine app ? QR code ?? QR reader. Please NO. I don't even know what that sh*t is and I usually leave my phone at home anyway. How hard is it to pull your "small card" from your wallet ? Answer....not hard at all.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mitchells101 View Post
          Just back from the UK and Portugal and our US system is miles behind. Everyone over there has a vaccine app with a QR code that matches the vaccine record to the individual. Many places we went had a QR reader so the vaccine review process took a second. Having this info on a small card is just dumb and inefficient.
          Most people that live here in Louisiana that are vaxed have it on their LA Wallet drivers license app on their phone. I keep my card in my wallet as a backup but have never had to pull it out. Some places like Tip's match it to your photo ID but most places do not.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by dmcraig View Post

            Hopefully people get their shit together so we can eradicate this thing by then
            COVID will most likely never be eradicated. It's just something we have to live and deal with. If your vaxed you have little to worry about. If not, well..............

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JasperJohns View Post

              1) Simply Vaxxed? (2x pfizer, 2x moderna, 1x J&J)

              2) Or should attendees be required to show proof of receiving a booster as well? (+1 pfizer, +1 moderna)

              3) Or, vaxxed + boostered, and you need to show proof of a negative PCR within 48 hours of Fest?

              I am OK with 3), but others may think it is too much of an imposition...
              My vote is #3. Get a covid wristband good for 2 weeks.

              Comment


              • #37
                I fervently hope that Jazz Fest is for the fully vaccinated/boosted only.

                Unless you have a legitimate medical reason for not being vaxed, you should not be allowed in.

                End of question.

                If you are not vaxed the chances are that you will be a burden on a health system wherever you end up.

                It is common sense. But the Festival is in the USA so be prepared for the worst and the inevitable grandstanding from Dangerous Morons like Jazzy Jeff Landry, R and his demented ilk.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                  My vote is #3. Get a covid wristband good for 2 weeks.
                  Plus 1

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Calling it a "preemptive strike" to head off another surge in COVID-19 cases, NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city will become the nation’s first to impose a vaccine mandate on private sector workers starting on Dec. 27. The order will apply to roughly 184,000 businesses, requiring all workers to get two vaccine doses and leaving no room for a testing option for non-vaccinated employees. Guidance on how it will be enforced - and what sort of penalties businesses could face - will come on Dec. 15.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                      My vote is #3. Get a covid wristband good for 2 weeks.
                      And what, keep it on that long? Haha.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                        Calling it a "preemptive strike" to head off another surge in COVID-19 cases, NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city will become the nation’s first to impose a vaccine mandate on private sector workers starting on Dec. 27. The order will apply to roughly 184,000 businesses, requiring all workers to get two vaccine doses and leaving no room for a testing option for non-vaccinated employees. Guidance on how it will be enforced - and what sort of penalties businesses could face - will come on Dec. 15.
                        My guess is it will end up in court and will be a while before we will know if will ever be implemented plus not sure if the incoming mayor is for it. If I had to guess I'd say it will never happen.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                          COVID will most likely never be eradicated. It's just something we have to live and deal with. If your vaxed you have little to worry about. If not, well..............
                          Yeah I was being slightly facetious, but if these Anti-Viral drugs in development hit the market, that's a real game changer
                          Last edited by dmcraig; 12-10-2021, 09:42 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            100% sure!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              New Cases, 12/13/21 201,786

                              CDC COVID Data Tracker

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                                New Cases, 12/13/21 201,786

                                CDC COVID Data Tracker
                                Select the compare states' stats and randomly select several states, say Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama and put your happiest face on the totals in December - 4 whole months before the start of the festival season in New Orleans. I'm always for the best outcome, but even if every denier recanted today, would there be time to fix this by summer? Also fun reading, Nick Carmody's analysis of addiction/group-think and how painful it is for zealots to adjust their positions on deeply-entrenched beliefs. Don't I know - I'm sure friends and family have considered an intervention about my illogical music festival obsessions.
                                Last edited by duende; 12-15-2021, 02:35 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X