No announcement yet.

Odds of 2022 Jazz Fest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded the NYC Safe COVID app to my phone and it stores my photo of my vaccine card along with my photo id making it really simple to show to whoever is checking documents at a show or restaurant. I was farting around our paper cards but I can tell it’s only a matter of time before I misplace them. The app is easy peasy.

however there are so many places I’ve gone to where the checker barely glances at the records. Other venues or restaurants check closely for matching names, the dates etc. those are the places that I happily return to.

Comment

The Mayor on Thursday announced updates to the vaccine mandate for entry to bars, restaurants, clubs, and outdoor events with 500+attendance.

Effective January 3, the requirement for vaccination will also apply to children ages 5-11. (Currently it's 12+).
      Effective February 1, children will need to be fully vaccinated (not just a single dose) to attend school.

A mask mandate for Mardi Gras is being considered, but no decision/announcement until Feb 15.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
        I downloaded the NYC Safe COVID app to my phone and it stores my photo of my vaccine card along with my photo id making it really simple to show to whoever is checking documents at a show or restaurant. I was farting around our paper cards but I can tell it’s only a matter of time before I misplace them. The app is easy peasy.

however there are so many places I’ve gone to where the checker barely glances at the records. Other venues or restaurants check closely for matching names, the dates etc. those are the places that I happily return to.
        I don't bring my phone out with me, so I'm thankful for the card. People generally don't lose thier driver's license or other important cards, why would the vax card be any different ? I would think a phone would be easier to misplace that that vax card.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I don't bring my phone out with me, so I'm thankful for the card. People generally don't lose thier driver's license or other important cards, why would the vax card be any different ? I would think a phone would be easier to misplace that that vax card.
          Why don't you bring your phone out with you?

I realize that you love to revel in being a troglodyte, but I think the vast majority of people who go out would find the opposite to be true.

My daughters have those tiny wallet attachments that stick on the backs of their phones and that's frequently all they bring out, with just their license and credit/debit card. The vax card is one more card to lose, especially if you are taking the other cards out and putting them back in.

Comment

I have both and doubt I'll ever misplace either one.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Down here in La it's right on your driver's license on the La Wallet App on your phone which most people already have. For once this state has their $hit together.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Why don't you bring your phone out with you?

I realize that you love to revel in being a troglodyte, but I think the vast majority of people who go out would find the opposite to be true.

My daughters have those tiny wallet attachments that stick on the backs of their phones and that's frequently all they bring out, with just their license and credit/debit card. The vax card is one more card to lose, especially if you are taking the other cards out and putting them back in.

I grew up with a phone in the house, not on my person. Why do you need one when you are out unless you want to document the experience ??.....which in my mind, takes away from the experience. Do you want to see crappy vids of the show I'm at or pics of the food I'm eating ???

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I have both and doubt I'll ever misplace either one.
                  Okay. Seems like a smart phone that you constantly take out would be easier to lose than a little card tucked next to your drivers license.

Comment

I grew up with a phone in the house, not on my person. Why do you need one when you are out unless you want to document the experience ??.....which in my mind, takes away from the experience. Do you want to see crappy vids of the show I'm at or pics of the food I'm eating ???
                    It's not often but once in a great while you you will type something that makes it appear as if you have mind that is not worth losing.

Comment

The Troglodyte and Sociologist in me finds it curious why a $500 phone is easier to keep track of than a worthless small piece of cardboard that sits permanently in your wallet ? Leave your phones at home. It still happened even if you don't share on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

It's not often but once in a great while you you will type something that makes it appear as if you have mind that is not worth losing.
                        Been drinking.

Comment

It’s still 4 months away, but we’re on the precipice of losing Jazz Fest yet again. With all the holiday travel and gatherings, things are going to be bad come late January. Right about the time a decision will have to be made as to whether to announce and sell tickets. LA with its vaccine rate at 50%, is likely to have another wave of death, as Omicron passes through the unvaxxed.

Comment

The Troglodyte and Sociologist in me finds it curious why a $500 phone is easier to keep track of than a worthless small piece of cardboard that sits permanently in your wallet ? Leave your phones at home. It still happened even if you don't share on FB.
                            Phones are used for many reasons besides posting photos. I take it you never use Uber, meet up with friends, use Blue Bikes, use bikes or scooters in other cities, check your bank account, check the weather, make reservations, buy mobile tickets, send or receive texts, play music using blue tooth, take photos, check scores, listen to the radio, check addresses, use GPS, make phone calls................Interesting. Haha.

Comment

I lose everything including cell phones. I’d lose my vac card or destroy it folding and unfolding it.

I can get by without my phone but I prefer to have it. First of all, for day in day out stuff I need to be able to be contacted by my employer (and no judgment for that please- some people are able to separate themselves from work. I can’t and don’t but I also don’t feel stressed by it)- so that’s the main reason for carrying my phone. Obviously I’m not making myself available to work while I’m out partying though.
                              When I’m out at night or a show or whatever I like to have my phone for contacting my friends, for safety and convenience (calling an Uber), and my tickets for most events are on my phone in the ticket app.
                              I wear an Apple Watch and it connects to my phone so that I can record biometrics but most importantly it allows me to keep my phone stashed in my pocket or bag since the watch will alert me to any news messages or something important. That’s helped to keep my eyes away from the phone when I want to pay attention to something else.
                              Last edited by fichadelphia; 12-19-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Phones are used for many reasons besides posting photos. I take it you never use Uber, meet up with friends, use Blue Bikes, use bikes or scooters in other cities, check your bank account, check the weather, make reservations, buy mobile tickets, send or receive texts, play music using blue tooth, take photos, check scores, listen to the radio, check addresses, use GPS, make phone calls................Interesting. Haha.
                                I do have a smart phone, jjazznj. I even take it with me when necessary. I've never used it for Uber, Blue Bikes, bikes or scooters, check bank account, check weather, make reservations, buy mobile tickets, play Blue Tooth, check scores, check addresses or use GPS.

Yes to phone calls/texts/pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X