No announcement yet.

Odds of 2022 Jazz Fest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tickets for TTB and one of the Rads nights over the next two weeks. While I still believe omicron will burn through the population so quickly it won't effect jazzfest, I'm not so confident about those January plans.
    I just went on jambase and live for live music and counted the following acts as having canceled or postponed their NYE gigs:

Railroad earth, flaming Lips, Twiddle, Greensky Bluegrass, Dark Star Orch, Lotus, Revivalists, Khruangbin, Lil Smokies, Phish, Billy Strings, umphrey's mcgee.

I had been hoping for a mildly psychedelic evening with TTB --- but now I don't see myself getting into that at a gig where masks are required at all times (as is the case at all Saenger shows). And a sold out Tipitinas sounds like the best place to go if you were actually hoping to catch covid for some reason. Interesting times.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
      I have tickets for TTB and one of the Rads nights over the next two weeks. While I still believe omicron will burn through the population so quickly it won't effect jazzfest, I'm not so confident about those January plans.
      I just went on jambase and live for live music and counted the following acts as having canceled or postponed their NYE gigs:

Railroad earth, flaming Lips, Twiddle, Greensky Bluegrass, Dark Star Orch, Lotus, Revivalists, Khruangbin, Lil Smokies, Phish, Billy Strings, umphrey's mcgee.

I had been hoping for a mildly psychedelic evening with TTB --- but now I don't see myself getting into that at a gig where masks are required at all times (as is the case at all Saenger shows). And a sold out Tipitinas sounds like the best place to go if you were actually hoping to catch covid for some reason. Interesting times.
      I too have TTB tix plus plans to go to Austin at the end of Jan to see the Arc Angels reunion and then in early Feb to Nashville for the first time to see The Black Pumas. Who knows what's gonna happen?

Comment

Sure would like to see one of those Arc Angels shows. Will be in Memphis during their Houston show.
        We have flights plus Airbnb for IBC in 3 weeks. I'm also having second thoughts about going.

Comment

I am keeping fingers crossed about TTB. Given the size of their operation in total, it is hard to imagine Covid won't hit their ranks. Look at what happened to the Saints. Maybe they have all taken extra precautions and will ride the wave out and get back on the road to Louisiana next week. Fingers crossed.

But one does wonder about going out AT ALL these days... I am mystified how this thing is spreading so virulently. I know people have let their guard down but an aerial spread that has hit so many, with people still masking in the main, doesn't explain it to me. I guess this thing is just in the air everywhere. Tons of people who have done the right thing all along are getting it. How?!?!? The only good thing is the vaccination/booster does seem to be good at keeping it mild.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
            I am keeping fingers crossed about TTB. Given the size of their operation in total, it is hard to imagine Covid won't hit their ranks. Look at what happened to the Saints. Maybe they have all taken extra precautions and will ride the wave out and get back on the road to Louisiana next week. Fingers crossed.

But one does wonder about going out AT ALL these days... I am mystified how this thing is spreading so virulently. I know people have let their guard down but an aerial spread that has hit so many, with people still masking in the main, doesn't explain it to me. I guess this thing is just in the air everywhere. Tons of people who have done the right thing all along are getting it. How?!?!? The only good thing is the vaccination/booster does seem to be good at keeping it mild.
            The only thing that will keep you from getting it is staying home and not coming in contact with anyone else who has been out. Masks only do so much, especially the ones most people wear. Maybe if you wore an N-95 and changed it out every few hours but who does that? I've been off the last 5 days but have to work tonight in a restaurant until Sat. I'm pretty much expecting to get it at this point.

Comment

I hope the TTB show happens and the Covid fear allows me to score a free ticket. I'll take HankandLeeStampers shrooms as well.

Seriously, vax up and live your lives, people.

Comment

I talked to Quint briefly tonight at Zasu. He said they can't not have a fest for 3 years and they are planning on having it. Straight from the man himself (and of course subject to change).

Comment

I'm so anxious right now. I'm partly in the "I'm masked and want to live my life" camp but I'm also like, hey, its cold, flu and covid surge season and I would like to avoid that if possible. but I don't want to play it cautious only to get hit with omicron when the surge is tapering and I go out and about again. I know I'm not alone, and the canceling of shows and other events is making the choices easier for me.
                  I'm also feeling anxious because right now my partner Kris is scheduled to run a marathon in New Orleans the first weekend of February. I don't need he (or I) getting Covid leading up to it or once we are there. I am obviously a control freak who is feeling anxious about her total lack of control right now.
                  Just venting my frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                    I'm so anxious right now. I'm partly in the "I'm masked and want to live my life" camp but I'm also like, hey, its cold, flu and covid surge season and I would like to avoid that if possible. but I don't want to play it cautious only to get hit with omicron when the surge is tapering and I go out and about again. I know I'm not alone, and the canceling of shows and other events is making the choices easier for me.
                    I'm also feeling anxious because right now my partner Kris is scheduled to run a marathon in New Orleans the first weekend of February. I don't need he (or I) getting Covid leading up to it or once we are there. I am obviously a control freak who is feeling anxious about her total lack of control right now.
                    Just venting my frustration.
                    Omicron is making the rounds and if don't get you here...it may get you there. Not as bad as Delta and the ones I know who have it/had it showed little symptoms. I'm sure as hell not going to live 2020 ( or 2021 ) over again like a bad Groundhog Day rerun. Vax up and do watcha wanna.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Omicron is making the rounds and if don't get you here...it may get you there. Not as bad as Delta and the ones I know who have it/had it showed little symptoms. I'm sure as hell not going to live 2020 ( or 2021 ) over again like a bad Groundhog Day rerun. Vax up and do watcha wanna.
                      I think you're right- going to lay low for NYE. Our two friends who we spend a ton of time with are both positive right now, triple vaxxed, and just experiencing light illness. I gotta get a grip.

Comment

I think you're right- going to lay low for NYE. Our two friends who we spend a ton of time with are both positive right now, triple vaxxed, and just experiencing light illness. I gotta get a grip.
                        I figure that by the end of January, everyone will have already been exposed, and those who will experience symptoms will hopefully be done with it.
                        (disclaimer: my job at a veterinary hospital does not qualify me a virologist, but I tend to think positively...)

I'm really torn; as someone who is triple-vaxxed and always masked, I've begun to wonder if it's better to actually get it, get over it and get on with life (of course there is also the possibility that it could be worse than just mild symptoms (if any), but I have decided not to worry about that particular evil spectre....).

I have three+ weeks in N.O. booked (and paid for) for April/May! I will not be denied!!

Comment

We have tickets to a New Year's Eve jazz show here in Guadalajara and we intend to use them. The event is a dinner show in an outdoor venue, with an indoor DJ dancing feature that we'll not be participating in. People are vaxxed here and wear their masks and Jalisco state has been safe for us thus far.

We have pushed our N.O. reservations from earlier this year to 2022 and expect to go to jazzfest next year. Life goes on, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
                            We have tickets to a New Year's Eve jazz show here in Guadalajara and we intend to use them. The event is a dinner show in an outdoor venue, with an indoor DJ dancing feature that we'll not be participating in. People are vaxxed here and wear their masks and Jalisco state has been safe for us thus far.
                            This sounds DREAMY. How do I get your life?

Comment

This sounds DREAMY. How do I get your life?
                              Move to Mexico? While it's not without its challenges, life is pretty sweet here.

Comment

Stay safe for the next few weeks until we get past this current surge.

New U.S. Covid-19 cases are approaching half a million a day. On Wednesday, the U.S. reported 489,267 cases and 2,184 deaths. The new weekly average is up 149% from two weeks ago, according to The Wall Street Journal’s analysis of Johns Hopkins University data.

Comment

Working...
                                X