No announcement yet.

Odds of 2022 Jazz Fest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad if true about Bruce. He is getting up there in age as his band which may be why he is being so cautious. They will have not played any US shows in 7 years if they do not play until next year. I wonder if they can still bring it for 3-4 hours a night? Glad I saw them 3 times in NJ back in 2016, 3 of the best shows I ever saw them do, all at least 4 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

Our piss weak Govt and Tennis Australia have just given that Arsewipe Novax Djokovic a so called medical exemption to allow him to play in the forthcoming Australian Open.
      Where everyone is meant to be fully vaxed, players staff and fans included.

Deadshit Novax of course has steadfastly refused to reveal his vaccination status.

I did stuff at the Australian Open for decades from when it started with its new look and stadium at Flinders Park Melbourne and I am shattered by this news.
      And plan to protest this in some way. Maybe with 20 years of my access passes hanging around my neck whilst wearing and showing off some vintage Open Merch.

Melbourne has had longer lock downs than anywhere else in the Western World and very strong other restrictions to combat Covid.
      These in the most part have been met by the resigned fact that that they were needed to help stop hospitals getting over run.

Now just as we are starting to get steamrolled by the African variant of Covid they grant an exemption to this Turd.
      And they refuse to divulge the reasons for it. What does this non explained decision say to the people who have done it hard for so long?

No doubt the Freedumbs and anti vaxers will now adopt Novax as their deadshit poster boy and I fervently would like to punch all of them in the head
      Just saw this posted elsewhere:

BREAKING: World No. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic has reportedly been refused entry to Australia following a national outpouring of rage over his vaccine mandate exemption. It’s unclear what Djokovic can now do to enter Australia.

Late Wednesday night, after arriving in Melbourne, Novak Djokovic’s assumed clearance to play the Australian Open with a medical exemption came into significant question when the Serbian's entry to Australia was delayed by an error on his visa submission.

According to multiple Australian news outlets, the type of visa Djokovic applied for does not authorize medical exemptions for being unvaccinated. As of 1:43 a.m. local time, Djokovic was in an airport room with border officials reviewing the facts supporting his vaccine exemption, per Paul Sakkal of The Age. B92, a Serbian outlet, reported at 3:33 a.m. that Djokovic's father said his son was "housed in a room and no one can enter. There are two policemen in front."

At 4:02 a.m. local time, Serbian journalist Saša Ozmo reported that Djokovic was isolated in a room, not allowed to use his mobile phone.

The Australian Border Force initially attempted to resolve the issue by reaching out to authorities in Victoria to support the Serbian’s entry. Their request was declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

Just saw this posted elsewhere:

BREAKING: World No. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic has reportedly been refused entry to Australia following a national outpouring of rage over his vaccine mandate exemption. It’s unclear what Djokovic can now do to enter Australia.

Late Wednesday night, after arriving in Melbourne, Novak Djokovic’s assumed clearance to play the Australian Open with a medical exemption came into significant question when the Serbian's entry to Australia was delayed by an error on his visa submission.

According to multiple Australian news outlets, the type of visa Djokovic applied for does not authorize medical exemptions for being unvaccinated. As of 1:43 a.m. local time, Djokovic was in an airport room with border officials reviewing the facts supporting his vaccine exemption, per Paul Sakkal of The Age. B92, a Serbian outlet, reported at 3:33 a.m. that Djokovic's father said his son was "housed in a room and no one can enter. There are two policemen in front."

At 4:02 a.m. local time, Serbian journalist Saša Ozmo reported that Djokovic was isolated in a room, not allowed to use his mobile phone.

The Australian Border Force initially attempted to resolve the issue by reaching out to authorities in Victoria to support the Serbian’s entry. Their request was declined.
        This is like a soap opera!

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

This is like a soap opera!
          It sure is!

ND’s father is making all sorts of threats about the anarchy that will ensue if his little boy isn’t ‘released‘ and allowed to play. Gards is right. Victorians have done it so tough over the last couple of years and for the second time this rich and entitled tosser believes his bank balance and celebrity trumps everything. Our vaccine mandates, whether you/we agree with them or not are strong and they’re harsh. We have family members (idiots) who have lost their livelihoods because they won’t vax for whatever reason. Imagine then that an enormously wealthy anti-vax tennis player can go about his business and earn another couple of million around the corner from your house that the bank might foreclose on because you can no longer pay your mortgage. All the while tweeting out smug photos and messages of how he beat the system. Tosser.

Our Federal Government is a disgrace, in general and throughout the pandemic, but I hope they kick his bony arse all the way back to Europe. It doesn’t bode well for ND that our PM is likely using his fingers and toes to assess if there are more votes from the vaxxed or anti-vaxers before he makes his determination.

Get vaxxed. Don’t sneak your dogs in. Don’t be an arse.
          ozzie
          Last edited by ozzie; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Now let’s talk Fest!

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie View Post
              Now let’s talk Fest!
              "Get vaxxed. Don’t sneak your dogs in. Don’t be an arse" applies to Jazzfest as well.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

"Get vaxxed. Don’t sneak your dogs in. Don’t be an arse" applies to Jazzfest as well.
                Good stuff swag. Every once in awhile you can throw out some humor. You’re either “drinking again “ or perhaps it’s “nose boogers”.
                I will have gregg investigate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie View Post

It sure is!

ND’s father is making all sorts of threats about the anarchy that will ensue if his little boy isn’t ‘released‘ and allowed to play. Gards is right. Victorians have done it so tough over the last couple of years and for the second time this rich and entitled tosser believes his bank balance and celebrity trumps everything. Our vaccine mandates, whether you/we agree with them or not are strong and they’re harsh. We have family members (idiots) who have lost their livelihoods because they won’t vax for whatever reason. Imagine then that an enormously wealthy anti-vax tennis player can go about his business and earn another couple of million around the corner from your house that the bank might foreclose on because you can no longer pay your mortgage. All the while tweeting out smug photos and messages of how he beat the system. Tosser.

Our Federal Government is a disgrace, in general and throughout the pandemic, but I hope they kick his bony arse all the way back to Europe. It doesn’t bode well for ND that our PM is likely using his fingers and toes to assess if there are more votes from the vaxxed or anti-vaxers before he makes his determination.

Get vaxxed. Don’t sneak your dogs in. Don’t be an arse.
                  It looks like I am being interviewed by the Age this arvo.

As they would like my perspective on this issue.

I sent them an email letting them know that I have many reasons to be angered by this decision, which included lines about my time at the Open and many other things.

Such as. That due to Covid I have not been able to see my partner for over 2 years.

Many times in the last 2 years I have not been able to see my 93 year old Mamma, including right now.

Friends and I used to be able to w#rk in the music and events touring side of things, and many are in financial and mental strife.

I have now had to wait over a year for a much needed hand operation.

I am on the board of my local football and cricket clubs and we have endured much financial and other hardship especially, our young kids who have missed out on nearly 2 seasons at the start of their sports journey. Not to mention having to close the bar and social rooms for several months.

Let see if the interview goes ahead and they also said they like my idea of displaying old passes and Merch for effect.

With luck I will get to have my say in the media and for a change I will not be backward in coming forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Good stuff swag. Every once in awhile you can throw out some humor. You’re either “drinking again “ or perhaps it’s “nose boogers”.
                    I will have gregg investigate.
                    Doubtful it's the snot rot. Probably too much of that King Cake he's bragging about on FB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Doubtful it's the snot rot. Probably too much of that King Cake he's bragging about on FB.
                      You are making me feel very nostalgic.......and I'm not thinking so very much about "King Cake". No disrespect towards King Cake.
                      Oh and lest Lit become anxious and feel compelled to offer up some commentary ....

nos∑tal∑gic
                      /nšˈstaljik,nəˈstaljik/

adjective
                      1. characterized by or exhibiting feelings of nostalgia.
                        "he remained nostalgic about the good old days"

Comment

You are making me feel very nostalgic.......and I'm not thinking so very much about "King Cake". No disrespect towards King Cake.
                        Oh and lest Lit become anxious and feel compelled to offer up some commentary ....

nos∑tal∑gic
                        /nšˈstaljik,nəˈstaljik/

adjective
                        Republicans like thier nose candy. A couple Dems as well, but we are more prone to enjoy pot and psychedelics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Republicans like thier nose candy. A couple Dems as well, but we are more prone to enjoy pot and psychedelics.
                          One chap who has a holiday shack across the river is in that number.

Comment

• So, to sum up the odds from latest posts, I’m thinking yes there will be Fest, no the Pavilion will not feature Balkan brass bands or any other Serbian folk influences on New Orleans music, and when I come I should stay away from sneezing Republicans and maybe some with Aussie accents. Sound about right?
                            whatever happens I will be in town April 28 to May 9, maybe just hanging at TT Fest. Happy New Year!

Comment

nos∑tal∑gic
                              /nšˈstaljik,nəˈstaljik/

adjective
                              I am quite sure you're feeling nostalgic today. Happy anniversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

I am quite sure you're feeling nostalgic today. Happy anniversary.
                                Congratulations to those that were and are still strongly invested in the Spirit that was created on that great day.

Many people I know are still pissed off with the fact that such an obviously stolen election got verified despite numerous well documented challenges.

May the Lord Be With Them.

Comment

Working...
                                X