Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this forum no longer linked from nojazzfest.com?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is this forum no longer linked from nojazzfest.com?

    Am I just missing it? I can't find the link.

  • #2
    It used to be under a menu called "Multimedia", that included this forum as well as photo and video galleries, the fest phone app, and the Munck recordings. I don't see any of those available on the current home page design.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      latest?cb=20181120105954.jpg
      ..

      Comment


      • #4
        I feel like the BNAs-suck, Van-Morrison-doesn't, the-Crawfish-Bread-is-a-lot-smaller-now, content we've come to love here may be under-valued by the Festival organizers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lit View Post
          That is hysterical (and shockingly accurate....)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blumie View Post
            Am I just missing it? I can't find the link.
            Thanks for asking.

            I have been meaning post about this myself. It was pointed out to me by an infrequent poster on here who I contacted to let him know about Steves sad passing.

            He said "you cant even find the bored on the Jazzfest home page".

            I am trying to get several friends to come to Fest next year for the first time and told them to check out the bored on the Fest website and they also they could not find it.

            So I have looked several times and cant find it either.

            I note that the large for profit social media firms are prominently advertised. Surprise Surprise.

            Swag is right it got hidden under multi media when we got the supposed new and improved bored.

            Prior to that it had its own heading on the page.

            So the questions are. Why is it not there, and how are people meant to find the forum?

            And when is this going to be rectified?

            I had been wondering why there have been so few new people coming here to ask questions in recent times.


            Comment


            • #7
              Don't know if this has any bearing, but for the past few days I've had to re-login on each visit; in the past I was logged in for weeks to months. (via jazzfestforum.com)

              Comment


              • #8
                The nojazzfest.com site has links for Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram...we're just a bunch of old fogies here. Vive la Forum!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
                  The nojazzfest.com site has links for Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram...we're just a bunch of old fogies here. Vive la Forum!
                  It is not just old fogies

                  People much younger than me have contacted me about this issue, and they have no interest in partaking in any of those for profit social media platforms, many of which are renowned for and have got in to trouble for allowing the spreading of absolute lies and deliberate misinformation. Far more so than NRBQ fans do on this old bored.

                  How do folks find the bored if the people that run the website make it hard for them to do so, I presume that you have to google it?

                  Which is certainly not right. And why are people who have no wish to use the above mentioned social media platforms and are trying to find the bored being treated with disdain?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gards View Post



                    ... And why are people who have no wish to use the above mentioned social media platforms and are trying to find the bored being treated with disdain?
                    money?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Beezle Bob View Post

                      money?
                      Sounds about right.

                      Lets see if we ever get an answer or if the lamentable problem gets rectified?

                      Dont hold your breath.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That's a shame. I stumbled onto the Bored after K , from a link on the home page when i was trying to get info about whether Jazzfest would ever happen again. I was glad to find people who shared my love for the fest. There may be people who are looking for that same thing now and they can't find us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No longer being recognized by The Krewe of Quint explains to some extent the lack of posts and newbies.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gards View Post
                            People much younger than me have contacted me about this issue...
                            So, I guess that means Young Whippersnappers in their early 50's, right?

                            (and please, please, take the above in the spirit which it was intended, namely just a friendly little joke--- I know some on the Perpetual Victimhood Olympics Committee, particularly one Zydeco-Loving charmer, are constantly looking to take offence and scream "ELDER ABUSE!!1!" whenever someone points out that this board is not and has never been a hotbed full of hip, young 20-something scenesters, which may well be for the best)

                            --------------------------------------------------------------


                            "I may be old but I'm not crippled!" Miss Trixie cried wildly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

                              So, I guess that means Young Whippersnappers in their early 50's, right?

                              (and please, please, take the above in the spirit which it was intended, namely just a friendly little joke--- I know some on the Perpetual Victimhood Olympics Committee, particularly one Zydeco-Loving charmer, are constantly looking to take offence and scream "ELDER ABUSE!!1!" whenever someone points out that this board is not and has never been a hotbed full of hip, young 20-something scenesters, which may well be for the best)

                              --------------------------------------------------------------


                              "I may be old but I'm not crippled!" Miss Trixie cried wildly.
                              Who is Miss Trixie? Is she bluegrass? Does she have any cds?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X