Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this forum no longer linked from nojazzfest.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
    "I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our current century.
    I tell people that since 9/11 it's been one catastrophe after another.

Comment

"Hanlon's Razor: Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence."

Just an oversight, I suspect. If it was only the board link that was removed, then that might suggest an intentional decision. But like I said, all the multimedia links are gone, and at least one - the JazzFestLive recording store - does generate revenue. When fest got canceled, they pulled down everything. It's slowly getting added back, but they just haven't re-added the multimedia links yet.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
        "Hanlon's Razor: Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence."

Just an oversight, I suspect. If it was only the board link that was removed, then that might suggest an intentional decision. But like I said, all the multimedia links are gone, and at least one - the JazzFestLive recording store - does generate revenue. When fest got canceled, they pulled down everything. It's slowly getting added back, but they just haven't re-added the multimedia links yet.
        Thanks for the explanation.

If I am asking friends to check out the bored, do I a tell them to google it?

PS Well done on winning trivia at B Macs tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
          This is scary; there are costs involved in hosting the board and if it's an orphan site it might disappear the next time the Fest gets a bill.
          If that ever happens, I understand that a lot of thoughtful, articulate, high-quality musical discussion can always be found on the "Fans of Brandon 'Taz' Niederauer" website messageboard...

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Once again you beat me to the punch. And I think the oversight is rooted in disdain for old-fangled things like on-line bulletin boards by whomever is running their new website. But then I'm just a 71-year-old grouch.

Comment

P.S. Had to log in again tonight...annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Thanks for the explanation.

If I am asking friends to check out the bored, do I a tell them to google it?

PS Well done on winning trivia at B Macs tonight.
                If you're telling a friend, just tell them to go to "jazzfestforum.com".
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Looks like they finished updating the nojazzfest.com website and there is still no link to our island of misfit toys.

Comment

I think its intentional, because of too many negative comments & personal attacks.... not a good advertisement.
                    I just Google it...

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
                      I think its intentional, because of too many negative comments & personal attacks.... not a good advertisement.
                      I just Google it...
                      LOL!!!

Comment

I just Google it...
                        Yeah, some turd once advocated suicide to a fellow Threadhead. I'm sure that didn't go over well with the powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Yeah, some turd once advocated suicide to a fellow Threadhead. I'm sure that didn't go over well with the powers that be.
                          My Man

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

LOL!!!
                            For once we agree!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I just Google it...
                                IDK, user time on site and interaction are usually things advertisers are interested in and this forum should actually help to generate revenue.

Comment

Working...
                                X