No announcement yet.

JAZZ FEST @ NIGHT 2022 / The Grids!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite band and we don't arrive until May 5th. This one STINGS!!! Baad.

Comment

Santos:
      MNDSGN
      May 1, 2022 • 9:00 pm - 11:45 pm
      DOORS 8:00pm • 21+ AGES

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

The Broadside is currently closed for a few months for extensive improvements, and I think these will include permanent bathrooms.
        I don’t recall any significant waits for the port-o-lets at the Broadside. Though real bathrooms would be nice.

Comment

Honey Island Swamp Band

Apr 29 @ DBA
          May 6 @ Broadside Theatre

https://www.honeyislandswampband.com/#tour

Comment

4/27: Pack AD @ Zony Mash Beer Project

https://www.zonymashbeer.com/events/the-pack-ad

Comment

Any idea when the Jazz Fest Grids will be updated with the night shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                I don’t recall any significant waits for the port-o-lets at the Broadside. Though real bathrooms would be nice.
                Especially for the ladies!

I get the impression the venue will look totally different, with a real bar and food area, backstage/dressing rooms, covered stage and upgraded sound. I hope they ditch those Adirondack chairs and come up with something else. At one show I was at they had hightop tables with stools which were cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Especially for the ladies!

I get the impression the venue will look totally different, with a real bar and food area, backstage/dressing rooms, covered stage and upgraded sound. I hope they ditch those Adirondack chairs and come up with something else. At one show I was at they had hightop tables with stools which were cool.
                  Exact opposite for me. I find the Adirondack's very comfortable (the standard ones, not so much the short ones they put in the front row), and I appreciate the integrated cupholders. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the plain bar stool, I much prefer something with a back.
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by divatty1 View Post
                    Any idea when the Jazz Fest Grids will be updated with the night shows?
                    We have requested that the Grids be cleared so we can populate immediately...any day now I hope!

Comment

Gov't Mule at a location TBA on Friday, April 29

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                        The higher the capital cost the higher the nut to break even and the less likely the chance for creative booking. So many of the great venues in New Orleans (i.e., Tipitinas', Maple Leaf, Jimmys, Cafe Brasil, Mermaid Lounge, etc.) started with very low levels of investment which allowed them the freedom to become what they became. The Broad Theater moved very quickly to respond to the pandemic with the Broadside space. They probably were intending it for outdoor movie projection, but they were again quick to pivot towards music when they realize that worked better at the space. Yes it was bare-boned but they were also open to the sort of creative programming no longer available at any "major" space, but this may not be possible going forward.

Comment

Mars Williams' Instigation Music Box Orchestra @ the Music Box Village, Thursday May 5.

Mars received a substantial South Arts grant to fund this project which will include his local colleagues and special guests from around the world. (No names can be announced yet, but there should be some major figures of the sort that rarely/never make it down here.)

Comment

Originally posted by mitchells101 View Post
                            Gov't Mule at a location TBA on Friday, April 29
                            The omission of NOLA in the announced tour seemed odd for sure, going around the South ending on 1st Saturday. So that future announcement is almost expected. ^
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Fooshee’s Forecast with Ellis Dylan and the Shambles + Awen Family Band + Late Night Jam

Gasa Gasa. May 6

https://www.ticketweb.com/venue/gasa.../253094?page=3

Comment

Originally posted by belyin View Post
                                Mars Williams' Instigation Music Box Orchestra @ the Music Box Village, Thursday May 5.

Mars received a substantial South Arts grant to fund this project which will include his local colleagues and special guests from around the world. (No names can be announced yet, but there should be some major figures of the sort that rarely/never make it down here.)
                                Is that date correct, meaning, despite the title, this is happening during jazz fest and is not part of the instigation festival?

Comment

Working...
                                X