Are we crazy to come to NOLA now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we crazy to come to NOLA now?

We're supposed to visit next week; a trip that's been planned since last February. Our plans were for some restaurant meals, a few low key club shows, and the Joan of Arc parade on the 6th. And see some friends. Now transmission rate's going up everywhere. Ugh. Not sure if we should cancel, or just say f-it. I'm probably more at risk staying home & working in my retail store. At least clubs & restaurants in NOLA require vax (they do not in NJ). We're triple vaxxed so if we catch Covid it would be a mild case.

So NOLA locals, how are things there? Does it seem like restaurants and bars are going to shut down? Are people wearing masks? We could reschedule for February, but we don't know if it could be as bad or worse then (and things will be more crowded leading up to MG). Omicron sucks!!
    The Krewe of Chew
    Last edited by The Krewe of Chew; 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what to tell you. New cases in Orleans Parish right now are below what you have back in Monmouth County. So it's really a question of what you do when you're here - if you're back home, you're probably not eating in restaurants twice a day.

For the most part, we're still open. Some clubs are closing or canceling gigs, but many are still open. Most restaurants are still open. Masks are intermittent - at the supermarket today, maybe half were wearing, but at the Saints game on Monday, fan mask rate was probably under 10%.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Comment

I say go for it. Your vaxed and there will be plenty to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
          I say go for it. Your vaxed and there will be plenty to do.
          Can we get Black Laurel to play?

Comment

Listen to your instinct. Be aware that some shows are cancelling last-minute. Restaurants are terribly understaffed and service is slooooowww. However, my neighbor (a doctor) said as long as you're vaxxed and boosted, wear a mask, and distance where possible, you'll be fine. Especially if you're not concerned about returning home and transmitting to someone high risk (ie, you don't take care of an elderly person). Us? We're staying home more than usual, but not exclusively. Restaurants are take-away or patio dining only. But we hope to socialize a little this weekend for NYE/NYD.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

Can we get Black Laurel to play?
              Nothing scheduled, but we could be inspired to drag the generator down to Frenchmen and do a sidewalk show. We are currently in the studio with Rick Nelson ( who now holds a Grammy for the Nightcrawlers album ) . Let us know if your coming and I'll talk to the boys.

Comment

Thanks for the input, y'all. We decided between the possiblilty of flight cancellations and show cancellations to postpone for 6 weeks. Hopefully the surge will be over then. We've changed our flights and hotels and we will see you Krewe de Vieux weekend!

Comment

Working...
                X