Happy New Year You All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year You All

It has just become 2022 here and the weather gods have behaved, as it was a balmy 75 at midnight when I bid goodbye to an ugly year.

I say I because that is what current circumstances caused to occur.

I was home alone when the New Year arrived listening to a mini, mini, mini CD called the Great true speeches of Trump.

As I am trying not to get the latest variant, because Mamma Gards is 93 and I would hate to to think that me needlessly getting amongst a big or small crowd indoors or out, would stop me from catching up with her when she or I wish .

I hope that we can all have a much better New Year than the last couple that we have all had to endure.

And I greatly look forward to seeing all fully vaccinated Krewe in late April.
    Gards
    Last edited by Gards; 2 weeks ago.

Happy New Year's, Gards. I hope 2022 brings you good health and joy. Much, much joy.

Comment

Happy New Year to Gards and Threadheads everywhere!

Comment

This New Year’s Eve (written by John Gros & Mark Carson)

last year was heartache, like buckets of rain
        this year is sorrow, I'm drinkin’ again
        put my cards on the table, pour a glass of relief
        it’s me and my bottle on this New Year’s Eve

it's quarter to midnight, my hearts on the pavement
        should be singing Auld Lang Syne, but tonight I can't escape
        this tick tock, it won't stop, its shaking my knees
        it's me and my bottle on this New Year's Eve

I don’t want to think about it
        I’m just gonna drink and drink and drink
        about it ‘til I can’t see
        what you meant to me

that fool moon is raging over Lake Ponchartrain
        rough seas surround me, I'm drifting away
        there’s a shipwreck in my head sinking my dreams
        it’s me and my bottle on this New Year’s Eve

yes, it’s me and my bottle on this New Year’s Eve
        I don’t want to think about it
        I’m just gonna drink and drink and drink
        fill it up, hear the sound of my world spinnin’ round
        save my soul let it go ‘til it all falls down

John Papa Gros
        Last edited by swag; 2 weeks ago.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Great performance of this tune by Gros and band at Broadside last night. (Start your show at 7pm within a mile of my house when I have the next day off and I’m not so lame after all!!). With the horn section now full time, that band is just getting better all the time. Happy new year to all!!!

Comment

“You all”?!?

Sheesh Gards, you have been away from New Orleans for too long!

Happy New Year y’all!!!

​​​​​​​Here’s hoping that the next one is happier and healthier for all.

Comment

Happy New Year!

There Are Times

TO HOLD OPEN A DOOR.
              TO SURRENDER YOUR SEAT.
              TO THANK SOMEONE, IN WRITING.
              TO LET BYGONES BE GONE.
              TO REMEMBER YOUR PARENTS.
              TO LISTEN WITH CARE.
              TO SURPRISE WITH A GIFT
              TO MIND YOUR TABLE MANNERS
              TO HONOR TRADITION.
              TO GIVE VOICE TO YOUR HEART.
              The Time Is Now

Let old friends not be forgotten

20/20

Comment

Próspero año y felicidad. Hope to see y'all in late April.

Comment

Gards - Happy New Year and my fondest hope that you, and others, separated from loved ones can safely reunite in the very near future. Out my way it’s Wild kingdom with critters finding their way into warmer digs under my house. As years go, 2021 has been real and fun, but it ain’t been real fun. And if the dead possum out back yesterday was a sign, I don’t want to know what waking up to the smell of skunk spray IN the house implies. We’re playing a NYE outdoor gig from 3-7 which is actually comical to me, yet at the warmest part of the day (a balmy 49° F), so I’ll just shut my trap and wish everyone a fine evening and best of the New Year!

Comment

Stay Happy in 2022.
                    Stay safe and get your booster.

I've been ahead of the curb of CDC & FDA with boosters. My first booster was July 18. Months before CDC recommended a booster.
                    If I remember correctly I was being criticized on this board for getting a booster. Go ahead and throw rocks at me again as I took my 2nd booster last week.

I bet some of you might remember my slogan from June. Safety 24/7 365

Israel announced that it will offer a fourth dose of the Covid-19 vaccine to people older than 60, amid concern about the spread of the omicron variant.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                      Stay Happy in 2022.
                      Stay safe and get your booster.

I've been ahead of the curb of CDC & FDA with boosters. My first booster was July 18. Months before CDC recommended a booster.
                      If I remember correctly I was being criticized on this board for getting a booster. Go ahead and throw rocks at me again as I took my 2nd booster last week.

I bet some of you might remember my slogan from June. Safety 24/7 365

Israel announced that it will offer a fourth dose of the Covid-19 vaccine to people older than 60, amid concern about the spread of the omicron variant.
                      Am I the only one who cannot help but notice the irony that the majority of those coming down with the variety of viral conditions have all been vaccinated and "boosted", what is it up to 18 times now or something. Used be a popular phrase that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", I guess that the time is coming when the phrase will become "a shot a day---does something we suppose".

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Am I the only one who cannot help but notice the irony that the majority of those coming down with the variety of viral conditions have all been vaccinated and "boosted", what is it up to 18 times now or something. Used be a popular phrase that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", I guess that the time is coming when the phrase will become "a shot a day---does something we suppose".
                        I think it's more math than irony. The majority of Americans are vaccinated. EVERYONE will catch omicron. That means the majority of Americans who catch omicron will be vaccinated. I have to say this has me feeling somewhat foolish and extremely conflicted. A very BIG part of me thinks: there is no avoiding this, go live life, you'll probably catch it, isolate a few days, get over it and get on with living. About an equally large part thinks: stay safe, wear a mask, avoid crowds, you don't have to get sick, and if you do there's still a small chance of severe sickness, death, long covid, so don't be crazy.
                        I enjoyed Gros at Broadside (outdoors) last night, still kind of uneasy about my upcoming TTB and Radiator plans.
                        PS ---- If you're a music streamer this NYE, stream the Gros song above!!! Teach the algorithms that "this new years eve" is the song they should be recommending to people today!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Go ahead and throw rocks at me again as I took my 2nd booster last week.

Comment

Israel on Friday started giving fourth Covid vaccine shots to people with weakened immunity, becoming one of the first countries to do so in hopes of countering a case surge driven by the Omicron variant.

The effort comes almost exactly one year after Israel began a massive vaccination drive on the back of a data-sharing accord with US pharmaceutical firm Pfizer.

Israel's health ministry on Thursday approved giving a fourth shot for immunocompromised people, the same day that authorities reported more than 4,000 new cases of the disease, a high not seen since September.

Heart transplant patients were among the first to receive the additional shots at Sheba hospital in Ramat Gan near Tel Aviv, where health workers received test injections this week.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

I think it's more math than irony. The majority of Americans are vaccinated. EVERYONE will catch omicron. That means the majority of Americans who catch omicron will be vaccinated. I have to say this has me feeling somewhat foolish and extremely conflicted. A very BIG part of me thinks: there is no avoiding this, go live life, you'll probably catch it, isolate a few days, get over it and get on with living. About an equally large part thinks: stay safe, wear a mask, avoid crowds, you don't have to get sick, and if you do there's still a small chance of severe sickness, death, long covid, so don't be crazy.
                              I said it in another thread, but this is how I feel also. Like, for instance tonight we decided to go our friends' house for NYE. It will be the two of us, the two of them and their 1 yr old baby. The four of us decided to say no to a larger party we had been invited to where the hosts weren't interested in testing beforehand. So the four of us have tested and are all negative and planning to enjoy dinner and drinks. I probably wouldn't have insisted on the testing for the adults if it weren't for their little one. But after this, well, as of right now, we decided that we will resume living and if we get it we get it. We'll see if we change our tune- what, almost two years of this has our Covid avoidance behaviors ingrained now. But I really don't want to deal with this when the timing is poor.

Anyhow, everyone stay safe, have fun, do what ya wanna, and hope to see you guys in April

Comment

Working...
                              X