Jazzfest Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzfest Training

Time to attempt to get in shape for April. Haven’t been doing much walking and need to step it up

Floor it!

Comment

I saw the thread title, and assumed you meant 12 ounce curls.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
        I saw the thread title, and assumed you meant 12 ounce curls.
        Swag you right! Happy New Year!

Comment

Actually trying to lay off those curls for a while

Comment

I have been over training with the 12 Ounce curls in recent times, so I will ease back on that a tiny bit.

Have also done a bit of swimming near Table Rock lately and plan to start a small portion of boxing training again soon and will do plenty of walking now that we have mild weather returning.

It also seems to be important to train against Car Jacking if you are planning on visiting Nola at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
              I have been over training with the 12 Ounce curls in recent times, so I will ease back on that a tiny bit.

Have also done a bit of swimming near Table Rock lately and plan to start a small portion of boxing training again soon and will do plenty of walking now that we have mild weather returning.

It also seems to be important to train against Car Jacking if you are planning on visiting Nola at the moment.
              Lots of good stuff there Gards. Start to finish.

On an Australian note, I have a couple of folks here on the island living across the street for a couple of months now. They are living in a house that their mother-in-law bought a few years ago. She and husband live in upstate New York. The couple came here (USA) to visit the in-laws and got caught by the pandemic. Have not been able to get back for I don't know how long. They live in Perth. They hope to get back sometime in February but everything is up in the air. I don't have to tell you. They are loving the beach and our weather (70's) but they are desperate to get back home. Fun couple. He's tall like all of you Aussie's.

Comment

We've been training like mofos over the past couple of weeks. We don't have a car here so we walk everywhere or Uber if our destination is farther than 2 miles away. That level of activity allows us to
                eat and drink whatever we want...or so it seems. We rarely go to bed before 1 am, either. Festival ready, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Lots of good stuff there Gards. Start to finish.

On an Australian note, I have a couple of folks here on the island living across the street for a couple of months now. They are living in a house that their mother-in-law bought a few years ago. She and husband live in upstate New York. The couple came here (USA) to visit the in-laws and got caught by the pandemic. Have not been able to get back for I don't know how long. They live in Perth. They hope to get back sometime in February but everything is up in the air. I don't have to tell you. They are loving the beach and our weather (70's) but they are desperate to get back home. Fun couple. He's tall like all of you Aussie's.
                  If they lived in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne they would probably be able to get back but there are bugger all flights at moment.

Perth is the capitol of Western Australia and their borders have been closed both internationally and domestic for the large part of 18 months, I think that you still need some special exemption to get in to WA and have to quarantine when you get there etc.

They have copped lots of flak but have managed to keep Covid at bay, but lots have people have been trapped away, mainly due to when the borders have been open it has been to hard to get back from OS due to price on flights and availability. Who knows when it will end now that the African variant is creating big waves down here.

There were 21,000 reported cases in Sydney and surrounds today and 8,500 in Melbourne.

Both have massive metro areas, at least it is Summer here which hopefully means less congregating indoors.

Trust that this wave will rip through and settle down.

RE exercising I need to get a new pair of Asics Walking shoes and Teva sandals , as I have worn out both the old pairs and my right foot is reminding me of that today

Comment

johnny!!! me too...lol

Comment

Don't let up, TTF is coming to town.

Comment

Mariachi bands that don't even START playing in the courtyard across the street until 12:30 am help with the training. Not sure when they quit...maybe around 3:00. I grab my earplugs around 2 am.

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
                          Mariachi bands that don't even START playing in the courtyard across the street until 12:30 am help with the training. Not sure when they quit...maybe around 3:00. I grab my earplugs around 2 am.
                          Where do you live? Fiestaville?

Comment

Originally posted by teetertotter View Post

Where do you live? Fiestaville?
                            Guadalajara. Mexican cities are typically very noisy.

Comment

Working...
                            X