Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Lineup Discussion

Posted now.

Looks like only weekends, not dailies yet.

Thoughts? Surprises? Omissions?
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Originally posted by swag View Post
    Posted now.

Looks like only weekends, not dailies yet.

Thoughts? Surprises? Omissions?
    No Los Lobos. No Brandi Carlile. Sigh.

But I hope to be there and will no doubt have a total blast.

Comment

Yeah, after this many cancellations and this much pandemic, I'm at IDGAF stage of the lineup. See you there!

Comment

No Tedeschi Trucks?

Comment

No Lizzo or Dead & Company. Huge Bummer! Not a lot of must sees for me, so perhaps it will be a chance for me to be more mobile and roam around.

Comment

Dailies are there if you click on music
            Oops, weekends, not dailies.
            Last edited by danlachman; 01-20-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Did I see Billy Strings 2nd weekend ? YES!!!!!! Thank You!

Comment

Hello? Is this thing on?
                (feedback)

Um...hi.

Despite the lack of Jovis, Bon or otherwise, I am interested in this festival and am considering buying a ticket. For those of you who have attended in the past, can you tell me if there will be any jazz?
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
                  No Lizzo or Dead & Company. Huge Bummer! Not a lot of must sees for me, so perhaps it will be a chance for me to be more mobile and roam around.
                  Here's what Keith Spera speculated yesterday on Dead & Co:

The descendants of the Grateful Dead would have been the big jam-band booking in both ’20 and ’21. After the fall ’21 Jazz Fest canceled, Dead & Company continued on with the rest of the scheduled tour.

The fact that they already did the tour built around the Jazz Fest date makes a Jazz Fest show this spring more unlikely. Also, the band canceled its early-January mini-festival in Mexico after guitarist John Mayer tested positive for COVID-19; drummer Bill Kreutzmann had previously bowed out because of heart issues.

And finally, John Mayer is heading out on a long solo tour this spring, which means the Dead won't be touring. The last announced dates on Mayer’s solo tour are April 28-29 in Chicago. Could he make a solo appearance at the Fair Grounds? Maybe. But a Dead & Company do-over isn't happening.

Comment

The Campbell Brothers are back!!!

Comment

Jose Feliciano is a can’t miss act

Comment

We typically come down for weekend #2 to pick up the extra day of music (Thursday). However, with Mother's Day being on the second weekend, it will force our hand to come in for weekend #1 instead.

Rather be there for weekend #2, however we're grateful that this may happen, so we'll take weekend #1 and all that comes with it.

Comment

I always hope for some favorite out of town female singers - Carolyn Wonderland, Ruthie Foster, Rhiannon Giddens - and don't see any of them, but I'm excited to see Bettye Lavette, Melissa Ethridge, and Erykah Badu on the list.

Comment

I have missed JF, the top line Artists don;t grab me, as they have most all done this before. Gotta let it all soak in a bit

Comment

i guess all my local favorites are in the and more...Anders, Johnny Sketch, Alex McMurray and Johnny Sansone... sure hope that's where they are!

Comment

Working...
                              X