2022 Health & Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Health & Safety

In accordance with the Modified Phase Three guidelines put into effect January 3, 2022 by the City of New Orleans (available HERE), attendees must show proof of vaccination or a negative, lab verified COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen) taken within 72 hours before entry (must include the individual’s name, date of test, and results clearly visible on an official report) along with matching photo ID for entry. Beginning February 1, 2022 for everyone 5+, the City of New Orleans is requiring proof of two doses of the COVID vaccine, except for those who have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or a negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours.

Yay! Even greater odds of the Fest actually happening!!!

Comment

With millions of "Fully Vaccinated" people worldwide coming down with Covid, I think it is insane to not require EVERYBODY to provide a negative test to get in the gates.

Comment

Excellent! And easy enough.

Comment

The wording "In accordance with the Modified Phase Three guidelines put into effect January 3, 2022 by the City of New Orleans" suggests that if the city loosens its guidelines, Jazzfest will also.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
            With millions of "Fully Vaccinated" people worldwide coming down with Covid, I think it is insane to not require EVERYBODY to provide a negative test to get in the gates.
            I suspect they won't require any more than the government tells them to. And a test requirement would have big logistical challenges. The 72 hour rule combined with the delay in getting test results would mean to attend each day, you'd need at least two tests per weekend. I'm not sure NOLA has the testing facilities or labs to complete 90K extra tests over a couple of days. I see Orleans parish right now has 7 day average of 600-700 daily cases, and a ~25% positivity rate, so that means less than 3000 tests per day. Even adding nearby parishes, you'd have to scale that way way up.

I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense in terms of epidemiology or public health. Just not to expect it, and expect obstacles if it does happen
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
              The wording "In accordance with the Modified Phase Three guidelines put into effect January 3, 2022 by the City of New Orleans" suggests that if the city loosens its guidelines, Jazzfest will also.
              This is my read on it as well.

Comment

The tests only tell your status at the time the sample was taken. I think requiring full vaccination, including booster, and maybe a forehead temperature scan at the gate (right before bag search?) would be enough for me to feel reasonably safe. I'm 71+ and don't want to live the rest of my life in seclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
                  The tests only tell your status at the time the sample was taken. I think requiring full vaccination, including booster, and maybe a forehead temperature scan at the gate (right before bag search?) would be enough for me to feel reasonably safe. I'm 71+ and don't want to live the rest of my life in seclusion.
                  I agree with you. Also require negative test with full, booster plus temp.
                  But we all know this will never happen.

Maybe JF will be user friendly with testing near the front gate.

Comment

The CDC remains cagey in its assessment of fully-vaxxed asymptomatic transmission (few exhibit elevated body temps), but I'll commend the all-day rail-sitters in advance for their invulnerability. I applaud the Jazzfest org for adopting this simple, but costly, guideline. Regardless, the odds of me getting into a stage scrum at this, or any other, festival remain zero.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                      The odds of me getting into a stage scrum at this, or any other, festival remain zero.
                      Haven't gotten close to the stage in years now; we'd rather hang back and give everyone else room. Even at the baseball games we attended on the left coast last fall - and, more recently, here - we buy cheap tickets on the far end of the stadium and give the folks around us ample space, with the exception of the front row seats on the first base line our exuberant expat friends sprung for the other night.

Comment

Man, late April is a long ways away. Get thee hence Zeta-n , rhymes with satan....... . Will rethink my stage weasels for sure

Comment

Checking vaccination status at the gates will be a disaster! Slow everything down.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
                            Man, late April is a long ways away. Get thee hence Zeta-n , rhymes with satan....... . Will rethink my stage weasels for sure
                            One way to look at it is we're a heck of a lot closer to April 2022 than we are to May 2019, which was the last time anybody set foot on the Race Track grounds for Fest.

Comment

Originally posted by husb_2ndliner View Post
                              Checking vaccination status at the gates will be a disaster! Slow everything down.
                              Covid is just something we all have to learn to live with. I'm sure they will do a "soft opening" before the gates open where everyone is
                              pre checked and behind security but in front of the gate. They "should" give you a covid wristband that is good for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X