X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cp_deb
    replied
    Originally posted by duende View Post
    The odds of me getting into a stage scrum at this, or any other, festival remain zero.
    Haven't gotten close to the stage in years now; we'd rather hang back and give everyone else room. Even at the baseball games we attended on the left coast last fall - and, more recently, here - we buy cheap tickets on the far end of the stadium and give the folks around us ample space, with the exception of the front row seats on the first base line our exuberant expat friends sprung for the other night.

Leave a comment:

• duende
    replied
    The CDC remains cagey in its assessment of fully-vaxxed asymptomatic transmission (few exhibit elevated body temps), but I'll commend the all-day rail-sitters in advance for their invulnerability. I applaud the Jazzfest org for adopting this simple, but costly, guideline. Regardless, the odds of me getting into a stage scrum at this, or any other, festival remain zero.

Leave a comment:

• Fred (Texas JF Fanatic)
    replied
    Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
    The tests only tell your status at the time the sample was taken. I think requiring full vaccination, including booster, and maybe a forehead temperature scan at the gate (right before bag search?) would be enough for me to feel reasonably safe. I'm 71+ and don't want to live the rest of my life in seclusion.
    I agree with you. Also require negative test with full, booster plus temp.
    But we all know this will never happen.

Maybe JF will be user friendly with testing near the front gate.

Leave a comment:

• fesstgeek
    replied
    The tests only tell your status at the time the sample was taken. I think requiring full vaccination, including booster, and maybe a forehead temperature scan at the gate (right before bag search?) would be enough for me to feel reasonably safe. I'm 71+ and don't want to live the rest of my life in seclusion.

Leave a comment:

• fichadelphia
    replied
    Originally posted by swag View Post
    The wording "In accordance with the Modified Phase Three guidelines put into effect January 3, 2022 by the City of New Orleans" suggests that if the city loosens its guidelines, Jazzfest will also.
    This is my read on it as well.

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied
    Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
    With millions of "Fully Vaccinated" people worldwide coming down with Covid, I think it is insane to not require EVERYBODY to provide a negative test to get in the gates.
    I suspect they won't require any more than the government tells them to. And a test requirement would have big logistical challenges. The 72 hour rule combined with the delay in getting test results would mean to attend each day, you'd need at least two tests per weekend. I'm not sure NOLA has the testing facilities or labs to complete 90K extra tests over a couple of days. I see Orleans parish right now has 7 day average of 600-700 daily cases, and a ~25% positivity rate, so that means less than 3000 tests per day. Even adding nearby parishes, you'd have to scale that way way up.

I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense in terms of epidemiology or public health. Just not to expect it, and expect obstacles if it does happen

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied
    The wording "In accordance with the Modified Phase Three guidelines put into effect January 3, 2022 by the City of New Orleans" suggests that if the city loosens its guidelines, Jazzfest will also.

Leave a comment:

• johnstp
    replied
    Excellent! And easy enough.

Leave a comment:

• MormonMatthew
    replied
    With millions of "Fully Vaccinated" people worldwide coming down with Covid, I think it is insane to not require EVERYBODY to provide a negative test to get in the gates.

Leave a comment:

• glinda
    replied
    Yay! Even greater odds of the Fest actually happening!!!

Leave a comment:

• fichadelphia
    started a topic 2022 Health & Safety

2022 Health & Safety

In accordance with the Modified Phase Three guidelines put into effect January 3, 2022 by the City of New Orleans (available HERE), attendees must show proof of vaccination or a negative, lab verified COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen) taken within 72 hours before entry (must include the individual’s name, date of test, and results clearly visible on an official report) along with matching photo ID for entry. Beginning February 1, 2022 for everyone 5+, the City of New Orleans is requiring proof of two doses of the COVID vaccine, except for those who have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or a negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours.
Working...
X