X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA weekend passes purchased!

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

But I think part of the appeal is that you can get close to the band without camping out all day. Yes, the rail spots in the GA area are right behind the GM VIP, but if you want that rail spot for a big headliner, you need to get there early, stay all day, team up with friends for bathroom runs, and fight thru the SRO crowds to get back. With GM, you can enjoy the other stages all day long, knowing you can still get close later when your headliner starts.
      Swag, you did a good job describing the appeal, except you left out the air conditioned bathrooms with running water next to the (former) Acura stage.

Comment

The GA weekend pass is a single wristband that you keep on all weekend, to make it non-transferrable and non-sharable. Whether you could put it on loosely enough to slip it off and back on remains to be seen. Also, it does not include re-entry privileges.
        Thx.

Comment

My weekend pass confirmations have the day, the date, and both say 12:00 AM. Could this mean gates open at noon?

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsatime View Post
            My weekend pass confirmations have the day, the date, and both say 12:00 AM. Could this mean gates open at noon?
            12:00 AM is midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsatime View Post
              Officially, gates open at 11:00 am.

(Sometimes they open up to 15 minutes early, and occasionally if there's been bad weather overnight, the opening may be delayed a bit while they clean up.)
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

12:00 AM is midnight.
                Thx. I saw 12 and thought maybe 12 -7, like the 7 hour days scheduled for October (11-6, but the 6 because of the earlier sunset in October). Wasn't thinking about AM, PM. In Tulsa, we call that a brain fart.

Comment

Anybody know when the wrist bands will be mailed out? They never said, as far as I know.

Whoops! FAQ says early April
                  Last edited by husb_2ndliner; 01-25-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Had a band confab Sunday afternoon before our dealio at a local beer garden, unanimous vote to cancel our May 1 gig at another brewery. My wife had the brass passes purchased before we got back to work.

Comment

Single day tickets:
                      • Early bird $75 (thru 2/23)
                      • Advance $80
                      • Gate $90
                      • Child $5

Comment

Single day tickets:
                        • Early bird $75 (thru 2/23)
                        • Advance $80
                        • Gate $90
                        • Child $5
                        Thanks. I see that "at the gate" tix says "plus fees" on the ticket page.
                        I also noticed single day tix are AXS Mobile and can be transferred via an email address. So no shipping cost unless you want a printed ticket. Depending on the fees added at the gate, the $75 + $9.67 per ticket fee advance price may not be much of a savings vs gate price.

Comment

$ 84.67 For Early Bird Tix. It sucks that we cannot go to The Smoothie Center to buy tix like in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                            $ 84.67 For Early Bird Tix. It sucks that we cannot go to The Smoothie Center to buy tix like in the past.
                            Do you know that for sure? Just asking because that was my plan. I know that awhile back it was addressed and swag discussed uncertainty due to the ill-fated October jazzfest non-event.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Do you know that for sure? Just asking because that was my plan. I know that awhile back it was addressed and swag discussed uncertainty due to the ill-fated October jazzfest non-event.
                              I haven't seen it explicitly stated. But I think it may be done for good.

- They didn't sell at the box office for the (Fall) 2021 fest.
                              - When the 2020 fest canceled, refunding box office tickets was a hassle both for the fest and for the purchaser - and that's still a risk this year.
                              - Smoothie King box office used to be open daily, pre-pandemic. Now, it's only open on event days. So they'd be staffing it up just for fest tickets.
                              - I seem to recall an article where Fest said that the box office with lower fees was their way of offering a discount to locals. Now, that's explicit with the cheaper Thursday tickets.

This really most hurts those few who don't have a credit or debit card. There's no longer a way to get advance tickets paying cash.

Comment

I can't imagine that there is likely to be a significant number of people who have enough disposable income to shell out $90 for 8 hours of live music who are also in such dire financial straits that they don't have access to a debit or credit card.

Comment

Working...
                                X